Augustus

Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead?

• Blonde
    • Brunette
    • Redhead

This poll is closed to new votes

The question of "blonde, brunette, or redhead?" is traditionally in regards to women. There are stereotypes of women with those hair colors but not for men. Men don't seem to produce much difference in opinion by their hair color. You never hear much discussion or debate about it for men.

Yeah, I bet it's that way because a female bodied person's worth and value has been historically placed on mainly appearance while those with male bodies have historically been valued for other things more than appearance.

The question of "blonde, brunette, or redhead?" is traditionally in regards to women. There are stereotypes of women with those hair colors but not for men. Men don't seem to produce much difference in opinion by their hair color. You never hear much discussion or debate about it for men.

Yeah, I bet it's that way because a female bodied person's worth and value has been historically placed on mainly appearance while those with male bodies have historically been valued for other things more than appearance.

Like how much money they can hold on their broad shoulders. ;)

I'm sexual and I voted anyway.

Redhead

Edit: I just realized you meant aesthetically interested in not "what color do you wish your hair was". Oops, I actually don't care either way...ummm...sorry.

Only the finest quality in admins here.

Anyone get the impression that three of the posters in this thread are the same person under three different accounts? Just curious.

I'm actually 4 posters. I'll send you some chocolates if you figure out the 4th identity

What's wrong with white hair, huh? Ageist assholes.

You are so full of it. Please...

What? You say you're asexual?

Oh come on, that's not really a thing. You aren't fooling anybody. <_<

In short, no, I'm not full of it and am completely serious. I really didn't know because I had no reason to know until someone asked me. I had to do the same thing for my eye color because I didn't know that either.

Perissodactyla

BLUE HAIR! BLUE! HAIR!

*sigh*

lolol

Truly, one of the most awesome threads for a while.

:D

Aces are INTERACTIVE, if nothing else can be said about them.

NOT DEAD!

YET.

:)

Jesus, you people are really touchy today. Make a poll asking about hair colors, and an entire online society erupts.

This is the most insecure, overly sensitive community I have experienced in my short life.

That's the fun of it. :D

You obviously are a newbie.

But as far as hair color, why didn't you include various dyed colors, Augustus? That just shows blatant dye-ism. I'm been discriminated against for most of my life for my faux blond hair. It's ruined my life.

And fuck me for involving myself in yet another stupid argument.

We'd rather not. Except maybe for some grays; who knows what they'd do.

I'm sexual and I voted anyway.

you inspired me :D

I decided to vote in the poll after all. I voted blonde, because as pretty as blonde hair can be, it's far from my favorite hair color.

I'm actually 4 posters. I'll send you some chocolates if you figure out the 4th identity

only 4? get with the competition dude. I'm every poster but one. well, but five I guess, since I'm also not you.

Jesus, you people are really touchy today. Make a poll asking about hair colors, and an entire online society erupts.

This is the most insecure, overly sensitive community I have experienced in my short life.

actually, it really wasn't the poll he created that was the problem. I've seen many polls created before that have a narrow target voter in mind, and some of them people do in fact be like "hey i'm not represented" and then the creator goes back and edits in more options, but also sometimes the original poster does a good job of explaining the target audience and it's no big deal and no one complains and the people who aren't represented in the poll read the original post then leave unperturbed.

but the way this original poster has been portraying his polls and setting them up, have literally stepped on the reader's toes. this is a forum with people here to post their own selves, not a tv show with the need to capture the attention of an audience. it isn't about "sensitivity" or a vie for attention, it's simply the psychology of the audience who's reading the content.

I'd say more but, this isn't really the place to get into this discussion, this thread's been pretty derailed already as it is.

I'd say more but, this isn't really the place to get into this discussion, this thread's been pretty derailed already as it is.

with some threads, derailing is best. -_-

Nothing was wrong with this thread until various responders started shitting it up, including both admins that bothered to come in here and post, which reflects rather poorly on them imo :/

Not every single poll or survey or whatever is going to be all-inclusive.

Could you put an answer to say "I don't have a clue"?

Because well, beauty is quite variable and subjective, and I could think something/someone is aesthetically pleasing but just because the combination of attributes that that person or thing has makes me see it that way.

I mean I don't know how to answer this question because, in fact, in my opinion, the answer is more complex than the options given.

Put brunette so as to mark something, but hair colour has no effect on my appreciation of people

if this isn't scientific then why can't the gray community join in? your just being mean :l

You're* :D

And blonds :p Most likely since I am blonde myself. And like most people I have known (and been friends with) are blonde :lol:

if this isn't scientific then why can't the gray community join in? your just being mean :l

And blonds :P Most likely since I am blonde myself. And like most people I have known (and been friends with) are blonde :lol:

howard.. I like you but... burn in grammar nazi hell Dx

Hey, that's not funny! Now I'm offended!

Just Kidding.

Let's all lighten up a bit, this wasn't meant to be a "serious" thread.

Hey, that's not funny! Now I'm offended!

Just Kidding.

Let's all lighten up a bit, this wasn't meant to be a "serious" thread.

all i wanted was to be included... i wanted to join in the fun too...

giphy.gif

And blonds :P Most likely since I am blonde myself. And like most people I have known (and been friends with) are blonde :lol:

howard.. I like you but... burn in grammar nazi hell Dx
At least I will be included there :D

(And for some reason I read that "I like your butt" :unsure: )

• 3 weeks later...

I...have a thing for brunettes. I had no idea but the idea of brunettes appeal to me more than blondes or redheads. Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing black-haired people here in Singapore.

Although i have absolutely no interest in females, and never want anything.

I would answer redhead here.

Its the colour that resonated most with me.

I never would of given it a go with blondes, maybe brunette. But i think redhead, as probably they would of resonated with me more in terms they are outsiders, and may of understood me.

But i would think in the years growing up in uk, most redheads probably die there hair, and are not comfortable being that colour, as britain has a historical stigma attached to redheads.

But like i said, females with red hair mostly probably are not comfortable in uk with red hair, as britain as a historical stigma attached to it. Its probably why most redheads in uk, probably do not want to be associated with having red hair.

But for me redhead in terms of hair, but like i said, it does not mean anything, as i was and always will be asexual. Probably for a woman to keep her hair natural to red in uk, is showing she is confident in herself, enough not to submit to changing it.

Groovy Teacakes

I'm sorry, I voted thinking the poll was about goats and then I read all the replies. Oops.

This is my new favorite thread.

Dark hair/ dark eyes are my jammy jam.

Well, hello there...

Why is this thread still here? Haha

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

AshenPhoenix, Census Forum Moderator

Archived