Augustus

Russian President  

1. 1. Vote for a candidate.

• Vladimir
    • Putin

This poll is closed to new votes

Vladimir Masters! XD

Kidding, kidding...

As much as i like the satire jab at this....Russia is in a serious situation. With the murders of the LGBT+ youth in the streets (and the cops never getting in trouble) and how Russia looks like a 3rd world country with many of their human rights policies.

There is much time before the next presidental election in Russia.

But if seriously, I voted for Sergey Mironov the last two times. I've never voted for Putin. Neither Medvedev.

Vladimir the impaler is a less nasty individual than Putin and less harmful to the world

Ha ha.

Of course, thousands, if not millions, of people, whose lives are in danger or had already ended because of these two "options", is a very "appropriate" comedy material.

Any Vladimir who is not Putin. Can I vote for Vladimir Lenin's corpse?

Ha ha.

Of course, thousands, if not millions, of people, whose lives are in danger or had already ended because of these two "options", is a very "appropriate" comedy material.

Buzzkill.

Ha ha.

Buzzkill.

Ha ha (2).

It's me who receives death threats each day and has to live in constant fear, not you. Try walking in my shoes for a day where the "kill" can await around any corner, then we'll talk about the "buzz".

Ha ha.

Buzzkill.

Ha ha (2).

It's me who receives death threats each day and has to live in constant fear, not you. Try walking in my shoes for a day where the "kill" can await around any corner, then we'll talk about the "buzz".

Do you get death threats from Putin himself?

Ha ha.

Buzzkill.

Ha ha (2).

Still a buzzkill. I mean, the joke is at the expense of the currently fascist-like regime of the Federation. If you, as someone who doesn't like that regime, can't appreciate that, then you ARE a buzzkill, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Ha ha.

Buzzkill.

Ha ha (2).

Still a buzzkill. I mean, the joke is at the expense of the currently fascist-like regime of the Federation. If you, as someone who doesn't like that regime, can't appreciate that, then you ARE a buzzkill, no ifs, ands, or buts.

What is a buzzkill?

From his supporters, who Putin himself gives orders to to hunt down people like me, fivefold. Do you see much difference? I hardly do.

I am the person who LIVES under this fascist-like regime without a chance to escape, moron.

You are the person who, whereas in safety, makes fun of other people's misery.

What is a buzzkill?

buzzkill

Also found in: Idioms, Wikipedia.

buzzkill (ˈbʌzˌkɪl) or buzzkiller

n

1. someone or something that stops people from enjoying themselves

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

From his supporters, who Putin himself gives orders to to hunt down people like me, fivefold. Do you see much difference? I hardly do.

I am the person who LIVES under this fascist-like regime without a chance to escape, moron.

You are the person who, whereas in safety, makes fun of other people's misery.

What is a buzzkill?

buzzkill

Also found in: Idioms, Wikipedia.

buzzkill (ˈbʌzˌkɪl) or buzzkiller

n

1. someone or something that stops people from enjoying themselves

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

I don't know if you're in Russia or not, anyway if the things are so serious you must ask for an asylum in another country. I myself has never been involved into any political protest actions, so I don't feel that terrible pressure which you feel. I can say, I don't like Putin, I don't like many aspects of his policy, and many people in Internet say it and they're still OK and not imprisoned. Yes, there are majority of people who support him, and there are some reason why people do that. Maybe, the same reasons, why most people in Germany supported the Third Reich.

What about humour, I like humour, I think, we should follow Charlie Hebdo and what they said after the Terrorist Attack in Paris. I agree with Rising Sun.

Maybe Sonechko is one of those Russian trolls that works for the fascist regime in Russia and complains about any form of criticism of Putin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_brigades

Because getting angry over a criticism of your oppressor is otherwise not logical.

I am not even Russian, you "genius". I am originally from Western Ukraine and I still have family there. And I'd only applaud any criticism of The Dickhead.

But what you posted here was not a criticism. Heck, you literally wrote that this whole situation is funny to you. You're laughing at the fact that we risk being jailed, attacked and killed every day, for being of the "wrong" ethnicity, or of the "wrong" political views, or of the "wrong" orientation, or of the "wrong" religion/lack thereof. I spent the whole 2014 being afraid to go to the grocery store. People message me on the social media and promise to break my neck as they run into me next time. I wake up every morning wondering whether my hometown still exists. Yet I wear blue-and-yellow ribbon and my pride-colored accessories everywhere I go. I march at the protest marches. I speak up, even if it means risking my job, my health, my freedom and my life. What I do is criticism. What you do is poking fun. Moreover, you're poking fun at the people who live under the tyrant, not at the tyrant himself. And I call you out, because I have a say in it.

Maybe Sonechko is one of those Russian trolls that works for the fascist regime in Russia and complains about any form of criticism of Putin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_brigades

Because getting angry over a criticism of your oppressor is otherwise not logical.

If she personally suffered from that regime, it might be something like many Jewish people don't like jokes about Holocaust, or even mention it in any satiric way, even if it's satire against nazies. like they can't perceive all the related things like a kind of joke. Maybe, IDK.

Sonechko, this is quite clearly a criticism of Putin's phony democracy that he has engineered. How is this lost on you? Does it have to do with the possibility that English isn't your first language or something?

Whatever the case, my initial conclusion holds up: buzzkill, buzzkill, buzzkill.

something like many Jewish people don't like jokes about Holocaust, or even mention it in any satiric way, even if it's satire against nazies. like they can't perceive all the related things like a kind of joke

This.

Because, surprise, killing people is not funny! Killing lots of people based on ethnicity/religion/views/whatever is not funny at all. A fact obvious to anyone, but the joker who is no danger themselves.

Sonechko, I think you should take a step back and realize how ridiculous it is to tell the author of the joke what he meant behind the joke, rather than go by what the author of the joke has to say.

Fair enough if you didn't fully understand what I said at first through my poll, but don't go out of your way to lie about me just because you don't want to face up to your mistake publicly. You know who else uses lies to cover up their mistakes? Putin. Do you really want to take a play out of his book?

Fair enough if you didn't fully understand what I said at first through my poll, but don't go out of your way to lie about me just because you don't want to face up to your mistake publicly. You know who else uses lies to cover up their mistakes? Putin. Do you really want to take a play out of his book?

What "mistake" are you talking about? The one that I put it extra clearly, numerous times, that the situation you find that funny is the reason my life resembles hell? That I am afraid to go grocery shopping because of death threats that happen on daily basis. That my friends give up on me, call my mother tongue "a stinking dog language" and wish me dead, just because the bald botox-pumped asshole in their TVs pointed his finger at my people and told "these are enemies". That I can't get hired, while in desperate need of money to bury my grandmother, to take care of my sick mother and to provide for my teenage sister. That my great-aunts' next door neighbours, who were young enough to be my nephews, did not live to see year 2015. That my former employer's friend dared tease me about my views on Crimea, while "kindly" reminding that the "wrong" answer equals 20 years in prison, and, as I quit that job on my terms, I am still afraid that one day he retaliates and reports on me.

And after all of that, it is still "a mistake" to tell you that you've been treading on a very sensitive matter, and there are things that are more important than you having fun? Especially when fun happens at someone else's expense and it HURTS to see people who don't risk anything laugh. If, like Qwerty magnanimously hinted, a Jew told you that a Holocaust joke, even meant against Hitler, is inappropriate, would you dismiss them too? Well, if you would, forget all I've written so far, there's no hope you would understand, anyway.

You wanna prove your good intentions? Don't laugh. HELP. Even if it's only with your words, reach out to people who suffer under the regime. Tell them (us) we're not "ethnic rubbish". Tell them (us) that you do not believe the lies Russian media is telling you. Tell those of them (us) who lost their (our) loved ones to this war that you commiserate. I don't even ask you to donate to charities who protect the persecuted ones, mostly because there aren't much out there. They (we) don't need you to laugh, neither at us, nor with us. We are not a good theme for your good jokes to laugh harmlessly and go back to your careless life. We are human beings trapped into the ocean of hatred and despair. If you know a way out of it, show us. If you don't know, don't make it worse by showing us how little do you really care.

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

AshenPhoenix, Census Forum Moderator

Archived