Can you tell time in Military time?

Lia

7 members have voted

1. 1. Can you tell time in Military time (24h)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you use Military time most of the time (as opposed to AM/PM)?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Which do you prefer?

• 24h (Military time)
    • 12h (AM/PM)

This poll is closed to new votes

I can use the 24 hour (military style) time (it was 'Zulu' for GMT) and it's easy to switch from one to the other - but I generally use the normal system.

*I'm also very familiar with the phonetic alphabet - 'benefits' of working for the military ;) *

My workplace uses military time since flight schedules are shown in the system in military time. Out of the office and at home, I use the AM/PM time format. It took me time to get used to and syncing both time formats but now I'm doing well in using and converting military and AM/PM formats at the same time.

The am / pm thing is more confusing for me considering that I am cyber socializing in a time zone pretty distant from my own domestic one.

The 24h model gets used at work and in printed media around here. We lack a substitute for am / pm in written language and my system clocks are all set to the 24h model too.

*I'm also very familiar with the phonetic alphabet - 'benefits' of working for the military ;) *

I'm oscar kilo with my phonetic alphabet but I normally go "a for alpha, b for bravo" instead of just "alpha, bravo" due to often using it with those who don't know the phonetic alphabet.

cavalier080854

All my clocks including the car are all set for 24hr. The exception being my analogue wrist watch. And I can use an analogue watch as a compass to tell North or South either above or below the equator, provided I can see the sun.

• 4 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

AshenPhoenix, Census Forum Moderator

Archived