• Graham
    • Rubio
    • Pataki
    • Christie
    • Paul
    • Gilmore
    • Huckabee
    • Santorum
  3. 3. Which of the two parties should win?

• Democrats
    • Republicans

This poll is closed to new votes

Um...is there a way to make the poll so you don't have to answer all 3 questions? I have no idea which Republican candidate I'd vote for if I had to (though I know a few I would NOT vote for).

For Democrats--Bernie Bernie Bernie (Sanders)!

Um...is there a way to make the poll so you don't have to answer all 3 questions? I have no idea which Republican candidate I'd vote for if I had to (though I know a few I would NOT vote for).

Try Kasich. Look him up. You may like him.

You might wanna add an option "n/a" for all questions because the poll wants us to give an answer to EVERYTHING.

I'm all for 3rd parties (libertarians and others). I try to avoid voting for the 2 idiots whenever possible because to me, it just forces people to be super polar on subjects that most Americans feel somewhere in the middle on. Of the choices you give, I'm leaning on Sanders for his education policy.

Can't vote because I wouldn't vote for any of the republicans. However, Sanders has my vote.

You might wanna add an option "n/a" for all questions because the poll wants us to give an answer to EVERYTHING.

I'm all for 3rd parties (libertarians and others). I try to avoid voting for the 2 idiots whenever possible because to me, it just forces people to be super polar on subjects that most Americans feel somewhere in the middle on. Of the choices you give, I'm leaning on Sanders for his education policy.

Is it so hard to try?

I'd vote for any of the Democrats and none of the Republicans.

Meh. My vote kinda leans towards whichever third party I feel has the best chance of getting enough votes to matter. I generally end up disliking the two party candidates by the end.

Fine, but not practical. Maybe I will do a more idealistic poll in the future. This one is based more on the reality of the times, though.

I say add another option so we can tell if people would prefer third party candidates or if they'd prefer not to answer which republican/democrat they'd vote for since they'd never vote for one.

Forcing us to vote on everything has already restricted your poll, it seems.

I say add another option so we can tell if people would prefer third party candidates or if they'd prefer not to answer which republican/democrat they'd vote for since they'd never vote for one.

Fine, but not practical. Maybe I will do a more idealistic poll in the future. This one is based more on the reality of the times, though.

Sorry, I see that you already replied to that, but it didn't load until after I posted my response (one minute apart) so didn't see it.

Sorry, I see that you already replied to that, but it didn't load until after I posted my response (one minute apart) so didn't see it.

It's cool.

If Homer Simpson stood.....

Hard choice, between trained monkey n°1 and trained monkey n°2.

I choose another option. Myself. I want to be a dictator when I grow up too.
At least I'll never disagree with myself. At least when I'm not arguing all alone.

No, much more seriously, no one.

Except me.

Where is my "I'm Switzerland, I remain neutral" option?

In real democracy, that's called not voting.

Not necessarily. You forgot blank votes. Blank votes must be counted too.

Hard choice, between trained monkey n°1 and trained monkey n°2.

I choose another option. Myself. I want to be a dictator when I grow up too.

At least I'll never disagree with myself. At least when I'm not arguing all alone.

No, much more seriously, no one.

Except me.

Where is my "I'm Switzerland, I remain neutral" option?

In real democracy, that's called not voting.

Not necessarily. You forgot blank votes. Blank votes must be counted too.

But they don't pick a winner. The point is to get a winner, not to make everyone feel included by having every possible option. I have noticed lately that everyone wants to have their preferred option, but sometimes the poll is made intentionally leaving certain things out.

I can't take part, cause one has to vote for candidates of both parties in order to have their voice counted. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Exactly what I was going to say

I am not American so not voting, either in the poll or in actuality.

However, I am an anarchist. I don't believe there should be a president to begin with, I don't think politician should be a job and if there absolutely has to be a president (which apparently is the case), the mandates should definitely be limited to one. Then maybe they wouldn't spend their entire time as president trying to make sure they get reelected next time.

I used to vote in my country (France) and I voted for our current president. He's an incompetent, just like the rest of them. I voted for the lesser of two evils. I'm done doing that. From now on I am not voting for anyone unless I actually *want* them representing me.

Like I may vote for lists for the assemblies. But for one ambitious clown who wants to be king of the jungle? Nope.

So there.

Fix that poll so we don't have to vote for a Republican. I can't even do that on a non-binding internet poll.

I hate the long drawn out process of American primary elections. I don't care about voting for a political party (and I cannot stand when people vote straight ballot without first considering other candidates)--I just want to know what they stand for. Stop the damn hoopla about Hilary's emails and Trump's goddamn wall/moronic behavior--they take the media attention away from important matters. Because of this, I feel I can't yet pick a nominee. When November 4th comes I'll vote for the lesser of the evils.

I hate the long drawn out process of American primary elections. I don't care about voting for a political party (and I cannot stand when people vote straight ballot without first considering other candidates)--I just want to know what they stand for. Stop the damn hoopla about Hilary's emails and Trump's goddamn wall/moronic behavior--they take the media attention away from important matters. Because of this, I feel I can't yet pick a nominee. When November 4th comes I'll vote for the lesser of the evils.

If you find any of the Republican candidates are the "lesser of the evils", I for one hope you don't vote. :rolleyes:

Blue Phoenix Ace

Bernie has some very interesting ideas for sure. I'd much rather see him in office than Hilary. I'm also kind of surprised that Bernie currently has a landslide win among aces. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I feel that while Sanders has very good policies, I worry about the implementation. He's too nice, and I think Clinton would do a better job in that aspect. Rebublicans...well, I watched (some of) the 2015 presidential debate and there was one of them that I was really impressed with but I can't remember his name so I voted Rubio because it sounded right but I don't think so...? Maybe it was Kasich?

I am fucking clueless when it comes to American politics and nobody should take what I'm saying to heart.

I don't really pay much attention, so I just did this based on a quiz I took. The top person I agreed with was Bernie Sanders (92%), then the Republican I agreed with the most was George Pataki (52%). I chose Democrats because, well, I got all 3 Democrats before I got 1 Republican.

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

AshenPhoenix, Census Forum Moderator

Archived