Asexuals' Starting Pokemon (Aces Only!)

Augustus

Starter Pokemon  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you pick?

• Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle
  2. 2. What is your main reason for your choice?

• It's the cutest
    • It's the coolest
    • It's the most powerful
    • It is the closest reflection of myself
    • It has the best art design
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I will ALWAYS go with Charmander because:

1) It is red (or closest to it), my favorite color

2) I like fire types

3) Though it is the worst pokemon to start the game with (weak to the first bosses) it has the best stats

4) He has the best final evolution design

5) And most importantly he turns into a freakin' dragon!!! I LOVE DRAGONS~! Okay not a dragon type but he does looke like a dragon and now with Pokemon X he can become a dragon type!

Lover Of Cats And Cake

I picked squirtle, cuz water types are cool and charmander is WAY overrated

I had Charmander in gen 1, but had the water type in every other gen

Zipfelschnupfen

Bulbasaur, It just have awsone stats, even with its type combination.

• 4 weeks later...
The A+ Student

I have a soft spot for Bulbasaur. If I was a pokemon, I'd probably be a grass type too.

I choose Charmander because when you're going up against Brock and Misty first, it feels too easy to use the other two. You have to properly train Charmander to a level that easily outstrips them if you want to get further on, which gives you a nice headstart for later.

So I pick Charmander for the initial challenge.

Waist of Thyme

Squirtle because I liked the designs of its line the best. That's basically my reason for choosing all the starters.

I choose Charmander because when you're going up against Brock and Misty first, it feels too easy to use the other two. You have to properly train Charmander to a level that easily outstrips them if you want to get further on, which gives you a nice headstart for later.

So I pick Charmander for the initial challenge.

Misty was always the hardest leader for me regardless of starter. Even if I picked Bulbasaur (which would be Ivysaur at that point in the game), I got wrecked by Starmie.

IMO RBY Misty is the toughest gym leader in any pokemon game. If you took Charmander or Squirtle, you pretty much have to level up a pokemon 2-3 levels above Starmie to win. You can't actually get any pokemon that will beat Starmie before Cerulean - even the electric type Pikachu will take more damage than it can give out gets out sped, and has to worry about crit rate bullshit (critical hit rate is coupled with speed in gen I). Having said that, I don't know you can lose with Ivyasaur though, you just click vine whip until you win.

Truth and Lies

In my first Leaf Green, I chose Bulbasaur. I don't remember why. I do remember feeling quite awesome because all the other kids at the Y wanted to trade with me because they all picked Squirtle or Charmander. :D

In my second one (because I lost the first T_T), I chose Squirtle. I don't remember why.

Defeating gym leaders with any of the starters wasn't really a problem for me because I always caught caught the pokemon type I needed and I had the tendency to out-level the gym leader's pokemon.

But, well, I like them all, so. ^_^

As a side note, this thread got me listening to this:

I love Lugia... :wub:

Squirtle is a noob to begin with but continuously evolves into pure awesome. So as you can see, it's practically me :lol:

Go go Squirtle squad!

• 4 weeks later...
TheLastStarCat

charmander, because I love the fire type. I will almost always choose a fire type over any other pokémon

Charmander. I selected "other" because all of them applied to my choice and I couldn't pick just one. :ph34r:

I choose squirtle! Always the blue ones!

I've got one question though. No offense or anything but What could one possibly make of the answers from one sexual orientation? Wouldn't it be more interesting to ask of the starting Pokémon of different sexual orientation.

But now I do know how to be a mainstream asexual Pokemon player but my suspicion is that's no different from the mainstream Pokemon player of any sexual orientation.

I was actually originally going to choose charmander, but my twin (who had Pokemon Yellow) looked over at my screen and said "pick that one," so I chose bulbasaur. I remember naming him Pokeplanter :P

For every single generation after that, I always chose the fire starter, but bulbasaur will always be my exception <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

AshenPhoenix, Census Forum Moderator

Archived