• No
    • No, but I've tried it
    • Yes
    • Yes, sometimes
    • Yes, rarely
  2. 2. Why do you drink?

• I don't.
    • I like how it makes me feel.
    • I only drink when I'm out to events (friends, parties)
    • Other (comment?)
  3. 3. Do you like dancing?

• No
    • Yes
    • Only if I'm with someone (dancing in a group, with friends etc.)
    • Only when I'm alone/by myself
  4. 4. Do you like parties?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, only if there are people I know/can talk to
    • Other (comment?)
  5. 5. What do you do at a party?

• I check my phone out of; impatience (when is the party over), boredom or other
    • I talk to people
    • I dance
    • I stand by the snacks (or any other safe corner)
    • I do a little bit of everything
    • Other (comment?)

This poll is closed to new votes

Sooo I'm just a really awkward being at a party.

But I like parties anyway. :cake:

I just wanted to see what people on AVEN think about them? :D

(This is my first poll, so I'm sorry if the answers aren't that varied/good)

Prufrock, but like, worse

Define "party." 5 friends having a social gathering, watching movies and playing games is a party to me, but your poll seems to imply something closer to the "rave" archetype.

Same here, my idea of a party is 4 or 5 people. They are quite fun actually. Just making an assumption here, but your idea of party seems to include massive amounts of people, dancing, rave ish quality, and booze. If that's what a party actually is then nope. I am not interested.

As far as the "why do you drink", I drink 12 oz of beer once a month or less. Sometimes it's me finishing off a friend's beer, or it's me by myself celebrating a personal achievement. Since I only drink craft beers, those are a little more expensive than your average "bud light" type of mass produced beer. I drink for taste, not to get wasted and not because it's "cool". I only do it if it's at a time when I'm happer, since beer is a depressant and easily addictive. If it's my once a month time and I'm depressed? Nope, I'll stay well away from it.

On the rare times I do drink, it's because it tastes nice XD Also at party's I hide and avoid everyone

When I drink it's usually because I enjoy the taste of alcohol. I do like the feeling I get from it to some degree, but mostly it's the taste thing.

The last question could be a multiple answer thing maybe.

I usually don't go to parties, but on the occasions I do, I like it for a while, then get bored unless I can have good discussions with people.

Is "I drink because I like the taste of what I'm drinking" so uncommon it doesn't get its own response? :(

And the last question desperately needs an "I don't go to parties" option.

Awkward JoJoeh

When I'm at work, I avoid people. I literally look for the most secluded area in which to be alone. What on earth would I do at a party?!

Me and Alessia Cara are one of the same, she and I...

I answered other on the last question because I NEVER go to parties anymore, I suppose if I did go to one I would probably eat snacks until its all over or play on my phone. I used to go to some when I was younger because I just sat round the corner and played pokemon unfortunely because of my age I can't really get away with it now.

Drinking is an issue for me as well. I went to a social meet up with work colleagues once, I just got so fed up with them trying to get me to drink there was only one person who wasn't doing it because she knows I won't go out with them again if they keep pestering me about it. Its like asexuality, some people just can't understand not being interested in something so commonly done and assume everyone must be interested in that particular thing.

WaywardHeroine

I dislike huge parties cause it's loud and crowded. It's just not my idea of a good time so I'm always really bored. I also can't dance worth a damn (even though I love doing it on my own). My idea of a party is a small group of friends and a game of Cards Against Humanity :D

Prufrock, but like, worse

I've been told things like "everyone eventually develops a taste for alcohol." No, that's a damned lie (or a statistic?) To me, drinking alcohol and rubbing alcohol smell exactly the same. You put that stuff in your mouth?!

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I like partying a lot! I'm usually the one who does everything at a party, and I think they're a lot of fun :)

inactive12345

Love a good party from time to time, just need several hours of solitude to recover afterwards, lol.

I usually go straight for whatever games anyone is playing (card games, drinking games, anything). Might dance if I've been drinking quite a bit...

Anthracite_Impreza

I don't like parties if there are lots of people there and/or it's somewhere not 'homely', but I'm a bit more open to the idea if it's a small group where I know ~80+% of people and it's in one of our houses (never mine, I couldn't bear the thought of alcohol or vomit on my carpets). I tried alcohol once and hate the stuff; water for me!

I drink because I like the taste. I am fairly asocial so I haven't been to a party since my teenage years. I can't dance ( courtesy of apraxia)

I don't drink because 1. I'm underage and 2. Alcoholism runs in my family.

I like to dance when I'm by myself sometimes.

I haven't been to a party in years. They were never really fun for me as a kid because they were usually for my older relatives so I'd end up being told to stay in a bedroom with other youngins' until everyone left. I might be chill with some of them, don't really care.

If I was to attend one I'd likely stay off in a corner. I like to observe from afar.

I wouldn't know. I haven't been to a party since about the seventh grade.

I do like the taste of some drinks, but I usually only drink alcohol if I go out with friends--usually to a small gathering of 3-8(ish) people. I am much more comfortable with fewer people, and I avoid excessively large gatherings as much as possible. I cannot dance because, well, I cannot dance well. Therefore, when I do rarely venture into party-like scenarios, I usually spend them talking and catching up with friends.

I drink sometimes. I put other for the second question because I only drink in my own home during holidays. I only dance when I'm alone. Not big on parties, but if a good portion of my friends are going I might go. Though I end up standing near the snacks just because I'm hungry all the time :lol:

No to alcohol. YES to dance! (I love to dance). I enjoy parties and celebrations, in general, however, I prefer the non-rowdy type (crowds of drunken strangers don't appeal to me). I usually host my own parties around birthdays and holidays and invite people over to eat, play board games, and watch movies. I hosted a painting party once and would like to do that again sometime. I like to go out to dance events and usually spend the entire time on the dance floor at those places. Basically, I dislike boorishness and prefer a more casual atmosphere (unless I'm mainly in the mood to dance).

4 to 5 people sounds like a large party to me. lol

(but seriously, that's about my limit, too, generally)

I rarely get invited to parties and I don't always feel like going when I am invited, so I think I average about 1 party every few years.

I don't drink. I'm one of the people who never developed a taste for alcohol, nor ever felt a need to.

I like some dancing, but not loud music, and generally, not dancing in parties. Anyway, I can't remember ever being to a party where there was dancing. Seems like most of the parties I get invited to are the boring kind where people stand around and drink and talk. I did go to a Halloween party this year, but that was so I would have a reason to get dressed up, and because I really like some of the people who were there.

My ideal party would be more of the board game and/or movie night with a small number of close friends. Where I can relax and be myself, and not be over-exposed to noise, loud music, etc.

When I do go to the few parties I mentioned above, with the boring drinking and talking, I often find some quite corner (as far as possible) where I can sit. Or find the household cat/s to hang out with if they will.

i don't drink, but i really enjoy going to parties if i know a good number (at least 5-10) of the people there. i don't like to dance in front of anyone but myself, and i pretty much just talk to people at parties (people checking their phones when they're out with other people drives me CRAZY :) ).

As a college student, I definitely see the college scene, and I participate to some extent.

I go to a party every week or two--it depends on what events are going on and what my friends are doing. I go to parties to be social, and to amuse myself with the behavior of people (especially the mildly intoxicated ones), and to help drunk friends get home safely.

I'm not opposed to drinking, but only mild social drinking. I don't understand the appeal of drinking to get drunk.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! ^_^ :cake:

And yes I'm really sorry I missed something like "I like the taste" or the last question, where I needed to add an "I'm not at a party"

And I forgot to mention what kind of party... I meant a club/rave where there's a dance floor and outdoor area. -_-

But thank you all it's nice reading your comments too. :D

I drink alcohol occasionally because I like the taste of some beverages that happen to be alcoholic. I don't ever get drunk though.

I like to dance only if I'm with someone and if it a real dance. None of that nightclub flailing about. I'll have fun and do the "Doc Brown dance" with my friends sometimes (polka), I know some waltz, some salsa, some rock 'n' roll, some folk dances.

I have slow danced once with a friend. It was awkward. I didn't know her nearly well enough to be comfortable that close to her XD but I'd slow dance again if it was with my partner :wub:

I hate parties. I prefer small groups. Whenever I am at a party, I check my phone and wait until it's a decent time to leave. When there's a few people I know well, I try to stick with them and have a nice talk (if the music isn't too loud).

I like parties in theory but in practice I find them overstimulating and tend to get tired too fast.

EmotionalAndroid

I haven't been to a party since one of my elementary school "friend"'s birthday parties (at which I was abandoned outside at night during a game of hide-and-seek). So yeah...

I drink in the sense that I'll have a drink or two. That's it though. I hate dancing. And at parties, I stick to a friend like glue and eat and check my phone a lot before leaving early.

Depends on what you call a party. Hanging out with friends at their house is fun, or at a local bar where you can talk or there's bands playing! But clubbing is a horrid experience for me and causes major anxiery every single time. I have a hard time saying no when friends ask me to go with them, though, but I hate it. I tend to stand near the drinks, tbh. I'm very alcohol-dependent. I like it cause it makes me forget for a few hours.

Archived