Asexuals and Masturbation (Why do you do it?)

Augustus

Asexuals and Masturbation (Why do you do it?)  

4 members have voted

1. 1. If you are asexual, AT LEAST how often do you masturbate?

• Daily
    • Weekly
    • Bi-Weekly
    • Monthly
    • Once per season
    • Annually
    • Less than annually
    • Never
  2. 2. If you do masturbate, why? Choose all that apply.

• I really like the physical pleasure it gives
    • I have sexual fantasies despite not being attracted to real people
    • It reminds me of my spouse/significant other, when they are away
    • My genitalia become aroused, and I just make it go away
    • I do it because I am bored
    • I use it as practice for sex with real people that I want to satisfy
    • People (signficant others/other people) like to watch me do it, and I may receive something in return for letting them watch
    • I like to experiment with my body and see what it can do
    • Other
    • I never masturbate
  3. 3. What is your sex?

• Male
    • Female
    • Intersex
  4. 4. How would you rate the quality of this poll?

• 1 (Awful)
    • 5 (Perfect)

Feeling awkward i'm the first guy to do it.

verily-forsooth-egads

I mean, I think most people on AVEN are women anyway.

Most people on AVEN are AFAB. Only 37% identify fully female.

What?

What?

Assigned-Female-At-Birth

verily-forsooth-egads

What?

Your poll asks for sex. Female at birth ≠ woman.

I voted never, but then voted other because I have tried and got bored

What?

Assigned-Female-At-Birth

What?

I guess if minors answer, no.

What?

Assigned-Female-At-Birth

What?

I guess if minors answer, no.

Oh my god! They're telling you that not all people with female genitals are female! Some are agender, identify as male, or are fluid and your comment doesn't allow for that.

I was about to check monthly, but I think I actually only ever do it about once per season. I don't remember masturbating these past several months.

The only reason I masturbate is too get rid of arousal.

Oh my god! They're telling you that not all people with female genitals are female! Some are agender, identify as male, or are fluid and your poll doesn't allow for that.

That's because I am not trying to ask those things. I am more interested in how people of these biological groups respond, not identity groups, hence why I asked for sex.

Oh my god! They're telling you that not all people with female genitals are female! Some are agender, identify as male, or are fluid and your poll doesn't allow for that.

That's because I am not trying to ask those things. I am more interested in how people of these biological groups respond, not identity groups, hence why I asked for sex.

Well I'm sorry but you don't have to act like you're dense and don't understand what they are saying. "If minors answer, then no" was just ignorant.

Well I'm sorry but you don't have to act like you're dense and don't understand what they are saying. "If minors answer, then no" was just ignorant.

And I think bringing up gender and making a fit of it when I am clearly using the word "woman" in regards to sex, as my poll specifies, is also being willfully dense. One ill turn deserves another, I think.

Guys, by "women" the OP clearly meant "vagina owner". Stop getting your panties in a twist; gender has nothing to do with this poll.

I pretty much only do it as a result of interactions with my partner that get more heated (we're long distance). Outside of that, I have zero compulsions to do it, and I'm not sure if I even CAN do it. Maybe it happens around monthly on average, but I haven't really kept track.

And I think bringing up gender and making a fit of it when I am clearly using the word "woman" in regards to sex, as my poll specifies, is also being willfully dense. One ill turn deserves another, I think.

It's not an 'ill', it was a correction to your incorrect statement that most AVEN users are female, when in fact only 37% identify as such.

verily-forsooth-egads

Woman is a distinctly gendered term. The nouns that refer to sex are male and female and should also be specified as such.

Guys, by "women" the OP clearly meant "vagina owner". Stop getting your panties in a twist; gender has nothing to do with this poll.

I pretty much only do it as a result of interactions with my partner that get more heated (we're long distance). Outside of that, I have zero compulsions to do it, and I'm not sure if I even CAN do it. Maybe it happens around monthly on average, but I haven't really kept track.

Just to clarify, I'm reacting more to the ignorance that was shown to others points, then to the poll. It says sex, that's clear, but someone pointed out that only 37% identify as female, so saying that most AVEN users are female is incorrect. It was miscommunication on both ends, but the reaction was rude in my opinion.

Look, I asked for sex. A woman has long been understood to refer to an adult female human that can have children. Read most texts throughout history. That is what they mean. You can't just drop a definition that has existed for centuries and then say I am the one acting dense just because you are in bad mood or something.

I am generally not interested in polling identity groups. Frankly, because of how loosely the terms can be used in gender theory, I don't know that people mean the same thing when I talk about gender, but we know pretty clearly what people are when we are talking about sex, and I want to use objective categorizations, rather than subjective ones, as I think it makes the data more reliable.

If most people here are born females, then most people, at least the adults, are women. Do they identify as women? Perhaps not, but that's not the question. It was never the question. Quit making arguments that don't belong and just make conflict for no good reason.

Look, I asked for sex. A woman has long been understood to refer to an adult female human that can have children.

So all infertile females aren't women? I'll tell that to my aunt who had a hysterectomy to save her life! This is the ignorance that bugs me.

Look, I asked for sex. A woman has long been understood to refer to an adult female human that can have children.

So all infertile females aren't women? I'll tell that to my aunt who had a hysterectomy to save her life! This is the ignorance that bugs me.

Never said that. You could say she is a still woman for losing her uterus, just not physically a whole woman anymore. If I lose my arm, I am still human, just not a whole human anymore.

See why going into specifics like this and picking fights over nothing is no fun yet?

no one's asking you to stop polling people based on sex instead of gender. people are asking you to please stop calling people who were dfab (designated female at birth) "women", because the majority of aven users are NOT women; only 37% are.

Never said that. You could say she is a still woman for losing her uterus, just not physically a whole woman anymore. If I lose my arm, I am still human, just not a whole human anymore.

See why going into specifics like this and picking fights over nothing is no fun yet?

I'm probably going to upset others with this, but you are clearly not a full human, as you seem to have misplaced your heart.

no one's asking you to stop polling people based on sex instead of gender. people are asking you to please stop calling people who were dfab (designated female at birth) "women", because the majority of aven users are NOT women; only 37% are.

That's one use of the word women. I used a different one, one that is about as old as time itself. There is no reason for people to get so worked up about it. People should have known what I meant. and if they didn't, then they should now and leave it be.

Yeah, okay, you're trolling/looking for a fight. I'm not going to feed you anymore.

Funny, that's what I thought you where doing. I'd say goodnight, but no.

verily-forsooth-egads

Okay, wow. I'm sorry I ever brought it up. Can we get a mod in here?

Nope, they're offline. How about everybody just leaves? Can we do that?

Archived