Think I've finally lost it

RAZS

time for a dog? sorry but when you give this much info i give this much back lol

Awkward JoJoeh

I know expressing to others your true feelings and intentions can be difficult because doing so can make that person feel weak, emotional and/or sensitive.

The mere idea that the one you hold dear is either unintentionally disregarding your feelings, virtually ignoring you or withholding from reciprocating the same affection that you display towards them seems almost unbearable.

If you are truly "starving for affection" and feel like you cannot tell her how you feel because she is only your friend and you know that she'd like to remain just friends, it would be unprofessional for her to reciprocate those feelings, or you've always known her to be distant or some other factor that would prohibit you from telling her how you feel, than my advice to you would be to spend as much time as you can when you're near/around her so that you can interact with her and vice versa.

Being that she is oblivious to your suffering and you think nothing will come of you telling her that you'd like more out of the relationship, than simply spending time with her and doing things where the two of you can have fun should somewhat help.

If you feel like you are starving for affection and she's oblivious to it, maybe tell her specifically that you feel that way. Also, if you can't continue this way, you'll probably need to talk to her about that too.

If she's oblivious, maybe speak up to her about it? Tell her how you're feeling and work something out? It's hard to give too much advice with the little info given, but silently suffering isn't going to fix anything.

• 1 year later...
Treesarepretty

@RAZS, I am responding to you here after seeing your recent post in the "Truce" thread that it has been 3.5 years since you and your girlfriend were physical and she laughs at you and tells you that you are silly when you try to talk about sex. I am responding here so as not to derail that other thread. 

There is precious little information that you have provided, but what you have said makes your girlfriend sound awful if she understands you or very confused otherwise. You shouldn't feel this terrible and pained about your relationship. My wife didn't take my sexuality seriously until it began to affect me enough that she became worried that I would leave her. I don't recommend going that far with your girlfriend--and I resent that my wife waited that long to take me seriously--but I just want to point out that unless you get her to understand that there is this massive difference in sexuality between you two, you will never solve this problem and you will never know if it comes from a misunderstanding or from her genuinly not caring if you hurt for this reason. I assume that she DOES care about you, because I assume that you would not be hellbent on sticking with her otherwise--as you said in the other thread. 

Good luck in any case. *hugs* 

On 11/29/2015 at 11:53 PM, Lady Girl said:

If you feel like you are starving for affection and she's oblivious to it, maybe tell her specifically that you feel that way. Also, if you can't continue this way, you'll probably need to talk to her about that too.

Agree. Sounds like time to talk. 

Archived