Asexuals and Sex Dreams

Augustus

Asexuals and Sex Dreams (Asexuals Only!)  

2 members have voted

1. 1. As best you can remember, have you ever dreamed that you had any form of sexual intercourse or gratification with another person?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Who was this person/were these people? Choose all that apply.

• A Friend
    • A Family Member
    • A Spouse/Significant Other/Real-life Crush
    • An Acquaintance
    • A Celebrity/Famous Person
    • A Fictional Person That Only Existed in My Dream
    • Other
    • I checked "No" in Question 1
  3. 3. Did you consequently experience a real orgasm or "wet dream"?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have had orgasms/"wet dreams" while asleep, but I don't remember a sex dream with it
    • I checked "No" in Question 1
  4. 4. After waking from the dream, how did you feel about it? Choose all that apply.

• Pleased
    • Sad
    • Angry
    • Worried
    • Confused
    • Ashamed
    • Neutral
    • Curious
    • Other
    • I voted "No" in Question 1
  5. 5. What is your sex?

• Male
    • Female
    • Intersex
  6. 6. How would you rate the quality of this poll?

• 1 (Awful)
    • 5 (Perfect)

This poll is closed to new votes

This is another poll in which I think the varying sexual tendencies of asexuals will be fun to document and observe. Please be honest in these poll answers. After all, they are anonymous! And remember, I only want asexuals to answer the poll!

Please comment as you like.

I've had a few sexual dreams in the past, though most of them could be classified as nightmares rather than dreams. Sex dreams always make me feel violated and confused, so I'm glad they're not super frequent for me.

i've only had one "sex dream," and it wasn't even very sex-focused. mostly it was just me naked in bed with (and maybe kissing? i don't remember exactly) some random person. upon waking up, my reaction was pretty neutral and kind of like "hmmmm, interesting...." :P i did not orgasm as a result of that dream, but to me, it still counts as a sex dream. :)

I had a sex dream once, but i wasn't even in it LOL (never even saw them before XD)

Awkward JoJoeh

A very interesting poll! I liked it!

You can learn actually learn a lot from polls/discussions like this one.

I don't know if it's due to a majority of AVEN users being female, but I've learned, by this poll, that more women/girls experience wet dreams more often than men!

Have had sexual dreams that involved a friend and my boyfriend, that I remember.

The one with my friend was more forced on me, so I woke up sweating and feeling awful.

The one with my boyfriend was okay, I didn't really care. I thought it was funny telling him about it the following morning.

I very rarely remember my dreams in general, but I think it's safe to say I don't have them.

I can only remember two dreams in which sex was a theme, but it was more part of the background and certainly not sensual.

I had a dream I failed a college class and proceeded to join an underage maid brothel, where I was pimping everyone out but also serving as a whore. Then the cops busted the establishment, I transformed into the wolf from Okami and escaped into the tundra. So. Uh. Yeah.

I vaguely remember a dream where I had sex with a friend and then became pregnant. I don't remember what happened beyond that, but the focus of the dream was more on "oh god I'm pregnant, what the fuck do I do".

Shouldn't 'Crush' be an option on the question regarding who you've dreamt about? I actually haven't had any sex dreams about crushes myself (just romantic ones), but I feel like that's gotta be pretty common. It wouldn't count under the 'Spouse/SO' category if there was no relationship, but it's different than dreaming of a friend, no?

I thought about that, but it can double as virtually anything else on the list, so it didn't get a separate one.

I will put it with Spouse/SO.

I don't often remember dreams and can only remember one sex dream. Apart from the occasional nightmare I don't generally have much of a reaction to the few dreams I remember. At most I might think that was weird as dreams often are.

Never had one before. I thought women didn't get them, but apparently I was wrong, haha!

Only ever happened twice, with no effects other than waking up with sergeant sausage standing to attention

A very interesting poll! I liked it!

You can learn actually learn a lot from polls/discussions like this one.

I don't know if it's due to a majority of AVEN users being female, but I've learned, by this poll, that more women/girls experience wet dreams more often than men!

...I don't think we can conclude this much from the poll. ;)

I suppose 'other' could include fictional characters that don't just exist in your dream, but I think it'd be interesting for it to have it's own category.

Manic Pixie Dream Nerd

Well… I had a super undetailed and fuzzy dream-within-a-dream that I had sex with one of my teachers (*cringes*), but I all I can remember is being very concerned about it after I "woke up," not the actual dream-within-dream. Other than that, nothing.

Yes, I get these. Really wish I didn't. They're quite uncomfortable :/

For me the only dream I've had any sexual contact was pretty much just a recall with my x girlfriend that I had been with in the past, but I didn't wake feeling good about it so I don't know what that really counts towards.

I find it weird that I have a stupidly high libido, but have never experienced a sex dream.

• 11 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2015. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Snow Owl

SPF&A, Census & Site Comments Moderator

Archived