Ugh

Plasmatica

Ugggghhhhh, I swear sometimes that being asexual carries just as many problems as being heterosexual does. No one understands you, everyone thinks that you're suffering from some kind of terrible affliction. No one respects your views that you don't like or want to hear about sex. Heck, no one even believes that it's possible and therefore they just keep on going with the sex talk even though they know you don't want to hear it. I'm on a list where all this one woman does is talk about how horny her husband is. She just had a baby, and tonight she was talking about how they had sex and she then gave birth, and then how they shower together with the children wide awake in the house. Personally, I find sex very repulsive, and I know that if my parents did that right in my view that I would be psychologically scarred for life. Not that every other kid would be affected that way, but still. Others I've talked to are saying my opinion is wrong, and I don't see how an opinion can be right or wrong; it's just an opinion. I'm sooooo tired of hearing about sex no matter where I go, I wish it didn't even exist. I'm so tired of having people tell me how I should feel. I'm perfectly happy in feeling the way I do. I just need someone who completely understands how I feel to listen to me and validate my feelings instead of telling me that I'm wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

*raises hand*

I know how you feel. Being surrounded by a bunch of typical 16 year-olds for eight hours a day five days a week is NOT fun for an asexual. Especially when sexual reproduction is the current topic in Biology...

I think that the key word in the original post is "validation." We all (or many of us, at least,) wish to feel that our point of view is a valid one.

And it is.

Likely, we will get the most "validation" for our points of view in places like this forum, where people are meeting specifically for discussion of this topic.

I know that this can be a difficult thing, especially when one is younger, but also throughout adulthood, too, but everyone says that you have to get your "main validation" from yourself. If you believe in yourself, and you love yourself, then that's you.

It's the same thing with an outfit or haircut...just because someone else doesn't like it, don't let it sway YOUR opinion. You are entitled to an opinion, and it counts, and is valid.

--------------------------------

Having said that, yes, it sure would be nice if somebody "understood." :)

Archived