What the hey

dabishop

OK, official "Hi" time! I didn't know what to make of this group when I stumbled across it, but after a few tentative posts here and there (everything I do is calculated, cautious, and slow), I realized it was one of the most accepting and friendly of places.

It's the one place where people won't shake their heads in disbelief, ask me when I plan to "grow up", or give off with "I just hope you're happy with what you're doing" and a heavy sigh. Well, the answer is yes - and as a 35-year-old with a twin bed, I can only hope to stay healthy enough to be an 85-year-old with a twin bed.

Well, HELLO! I have seen you in other posts...but now it's OFFICAL! ooohhh....

(everything I do is calculated, cautious, and slow

Really? why don't you consider FENCING?! calculated, not really cautious though...nor slow....well....that fell apart...oh well..BUT IT IS CALCULATED!

TWIN BEDS RULE!!! :D

You are officially welcomed to AVEN, bishopsheen!!! WELCOME!! WELCOME!! WELCOME!!

@~|| Katherine, a 19 year old who not only has a twin bed and a Sesame Street blanket, but has WINNIE THE POOH pajamas!!! WHEE!!! :D ||~@

*solemnly affixes seal and notarized signature* Yay!! Youse guys is the sweetest.

ask me when I plan to "grow up", or give off with "I just hope you're happy with what you're doing" and a heavy sigh.

Grow up?! Pffff, do these fools think they are anymore mature when they're doing the "dirty thing?"

Welcome, bishopsheen! :D

Thanks J - Yeah, that was always kind of a non-sequitur (make that non-starter). "Maturity" in this country just means hitting the right income level and being a good little consumer plebe, anyway. Screw 'em.

And thanks to St. Cloud, too - je ne regrette rien moi-même !

Okay, is a twin bed like a single bed or is it one of those double beds that you can make into two singles?

I am the very proud owner of a single bed and I will be the very proud owner of a single bed til the end of my days .... a different single bed by then though I hope, unless of course I am not bothered by the shape, smell and stains on the thing by then :shock:

A twin bed is sized for use by one person at a time. I sleep in a double, but I flail around a lot and enjoy the extra room.

boa

Welcome to you, BishopSheen :)

A twin bed is sized for use by one person at a time. I sleep in a double, but I flail around a lot and enjoy the extra room.

Same here. Extra room kicks ass :D

VivreEstEsperer

I think a twin bed and a single are the same. Not sure, though.

Welcome to the board, bishopsheen!! hope you make yourself at home and stay around for a while

Kate

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, look what I've found. *blows the dust of the thread...cough! hack!* Ahhhhh-CHOO! Ugh, i'm allergic to dust.

Glad I've stumbled across your introduction/welcome thread, Bishopsheen. Even though you've been here for a while, and we've already been introduced and have spoken--in realtime! :D--I'd still like to take this opportunity to give you the ol' AVEN welcome, as you so graciously did for me.

WELCOME TO AVEN!! *confetti!* I'm glad you're with us, Bishopsheen! You are the Total Awesomeness, you're insightful and witty, and a pleasure to have on the board. I look forward to speaking with you more!

Archived