Ace & Proud Asexual Anthology now in PAPERBACK!

purplecakepress

purplecakepress

Hi everyone! Following up on a forum post I made a few months ago, I'm happy to announce that the paperback version of Ace & Proud - An Asexual Anthology -- a compilation of personal essays from AVEN members about their experiences with asexuality -- is now live and ready for purchase on Amazon. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Ace-Proud-Asexual-Anthology-Andrews/dp/1517286662/

It should be available on all Amazon sites, so if you're not American, hop over to the Amazon site of your choice, search the book title, and it will come up. I made the price as low as Amazon would let me, in the hopes of allowing everyone who wants to read the book to have the chance to do so.

Thanks for your interest, and happy reading! And if you do enjoy the book, please consider leaving a review :)

Important Note: The ebook will be free to download this weekend (Nov 14/15), so check it out!

Book details:

This is an anthology of 17 true stories by real people about asexuality -- the invisible orientation that everyone's heard of, but few actually talk about or understand.
Whether you’re a newly-discovered asexual, someone who’s known they’re asexual for years, the friend or family of someone asexual, or someone who’s just intrigued by asexuality in general, you’re sure to find something in this anthology that interests you. So sit back, relax, and enjoy a selection of personal experiences, insights, and anecdotes from asexual writers around the world!
The contents of this book include:
  • Foreword by Victoria Beth (AVEN Project Team)
  • "My Self-discovery, Thus Far"—Rebecca Nesor shares her experience as a 21st century asexual teenager, which involves an amusing anecdote about phone shopping and Minecraft.
  • "A Geeky Love Story"—Suma walks us through the romantic tale of how sie joined a comics group looking for friendship and good times, and ended up falling in love.
  • "Growing Up"—Phil Dalton offers a series of vignettes stretching over 30 years, from his childhood to the present day, about his attempts to fit into a sexual society.
  • "Coming Out"—Melissa Keller explains why she has chosen not to come out to her friends and family, and explores the struggles that many asexual people face when coming out.
  • "Being 'Normal' Is Overrated Anyway"—Ren describes how she discovered she wasn’t as “normal” as she’d thought, and how she’s come to embrace her asexuality.
  • "Finding Grace"—Betty Badinbed reflects on the 20+ years of relationships—brief and lengthy, platonic and romantic, failed and successful—which have helped her hone her gray-ace identity.
  • "Black Women Can Be Asexual Too"—Gabriella Grange explores her experiences as a black asexual young woman, including a sweet story about a handsome cellist and their shared passion for philosophy.
  • "Fixing What Isn’t Broken"—Emma Hopwood shares a humorous piece of prose poetry about how tough it is to be asexual in a sexual world.
  • "I Just Don’t Get It"—Jennifer Dyse offers insight into how hard it is to navigate school and relationships as an asexual, and the dangers that can come from trying too hard to be “normal.”
  • "An Asexual Teen"—Kaya Brown ruminates on her experiences as an asexual teen, on coming out to her mother, and on dealing with distrust from adults who don’t understand asexuality.
  • "Dream Guy"—Cionii shares a poem about inner beauty.
  • "It’s All Asexual To Me"—Jarrah Shub describes how learning about her asexuality early in her teenage years has helped her be more self-assured and happy with who she is.
  • "When I Grow Up"—Shannon Brown debunks the myth that “everyone wants to have sex,” and describes the various ways she’s come out to her high school friends.
  • "Just A Small Town Boy"—Cameron explains how growing up in a small town shaped his knowledge of sexuality, and how discovering asexuality has helped him better understand himself.
  • "Coming Out To Myself: Not A Piece Of Cake"—Ennis discusses her journey, as a young lady with Asperger’s syndrome, toward accepting her aromantic and asexual identity.
  • "Copper Weddings"—Martin Spangsbro-Pedersen explains why he cast off his gay identity to instead identify as asexual, and describes his experiences as an activist within Denmark’s LGBTQ+ community.
  • "My Happily Ever After"—Cecily Summers explains how her definition of her own “happily ever after” changed after she identified herself as asexual.
  • 4 weeks later...
Art of Matt Eldritch

man, this sounds really great!

Archived