Research request!

zoeresearches

zoeresearches

Hi everyone!

My name is Zoe, and I'm carrying out some research for my undergraduate dissertation in Geography at The University of Sheffield.

I'm looking into how asexual people use online spaces to form their identity, and how this translates into offline space. I am looking for some interview participants, to ask about how you use the forums here on AVEN, as well as anything else you might use on the internet.

If you choose to take part in the interview, it will be done over Skype, and I will record it. Everything will be kept secure, and everything you say is anonymous; you will not be identified from this research. I don't expect it to take any more than half an hour, and it will be arranged at your convenience! You are also free to withdraw at any time if you so choose.

If you'd like to take part, or you've got any questions that you don't feel comfortable posting publicly, please drop me a PM, or an email, or even a Skype message - all my contact information is available on my profile page.

Feel free to post any other questions you might have here, I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Thanks for reading!

Zoe Nicholls.

Sapphire Rose

Hello. I'd be willing to participate in your research as long as I'm kept anonymous. How many questions would you be asking and how long would the interview be? Will I be able to see your complete project?

This research request has been approved for advertising on AVEN by the Project Team.

Steph

Dedicated Research Contact

allrightalready

asexual only or asexual spectrum? i am demisexual

zoeresearches

Hello everyone! So sorry for my delayed responses to you all. Thanks for all the interest and the questions. A few things you've all highlighted that I need to clear up:

1) I'm open to everyone on the spectrum, everyone who feels like some aspect of the term 'asexual' fits them is welcome. This includes demisexual and grey-a.

2) Although I'm only doing interviews, I'm happy to do these through whichever medium works best for you: video, audio or textual. If all you're comfortable with is a written-down interview, then that's fine by me.

3) The length of the interviews will vary dependent on how much you have to say on the subject. I'm anticipating them being between 10 and 30 minutes, although they could be longer or shorter than this.

4) If you choose to take part, I'll send you an information sheet and a consent form. One of the criteria for consent is that you need to be 18 or over. This is a condition of my ethics approval from the University of Sheffield.

5) You will all be kept anonymous, unless you have a burning desire not to be!

6) This in response to mustachedwaffle's question about seeing the completed project - I'll get back to you on that. I'm not certain on my university's policies on this, but I'm meeting with my supervisor tomorrow and will ask. As soon as I have an answer, I'll add it to here.

If you've any more questions, please keep them coming!

Zoe :)

zoeresearches

Hello. I'd be willing to participate in your research as long as I'm kept anonymous. How many questions would you be asking and how long would the interview be? Will I be able to see your complete project?

I answered most of this in the post above last night, but in regards to your last question, anyone who participates is welcome to see the project when it's done.

Nea Rose Symphony

Sounds interesting. I'm not open to video/audio chat. However I might be willing to do it through textual means. I have kik and email available. How will you send the consent form?

zoeresearches

Sounds interesting. I'm not open to video/audio chat. However I might be willing to do it through textual means. I have kik and email available. How will you send the consent form?

Through any means necessary! I've been sending them through email for the most part, as it tends to be a more reliable means of communication.

Sapphire Rose

I answered most of this in the post above last night, but in regards to your last question, anyone who participates is welcome to see the project when it's done.

You can count me in, but I would feel a ton more comfortable just doing it through textual means. Let me know if this is okay.

Nea Rose Symphony

Through any means necessary! I've been sending them through email for the most part, as it tends to be a more reliable means of communication.

I'll try it out. I'll send my email in a personal message
inactive12345

I'd be open to participating, and am willing to do Skype (audio only). However, I won't have the time until mid-December due to schoolwork. When do you need to finish your research?

Archived