What is Cis-Genderless?

SecEagle

First of all, I want you all to know that YES, I did read the post with all the definitions.

But I couldn't understand it COMPLETELY, and I'm suspecting I might be it without even realizing.

So could someone give me a wider, bigger definition for what cis-genderless is exactly?

Please try and keep it as simple as you can, since in the definition in the pinned post its written in "high" language, and its not my native one, so i can't understand it completely.

Thanks for anyone that will help ^^

I'm technically agender but don't really care enough to be called 'them' so I go by my biological gender by default. So I'm cis-genderless.

It's an oxymoron really. You can't be genderless (in the biological sense, you're either female, male, or intersex). The closest thing is an intersex individual identifying as cisgender (when the condition for intersex makes the genitalia "not distinguishable").

I'm technically agender but don't really care enough to be called 'them' so I go by my biological gender by default. So I'm cis-genderless.

Could you like, tell me how does it come in your life being agender?

like, what do you feel "different" from cisgender people?

I identify as cisgenderless. For me, it means that I identify as a woman because that's how I've been raised and how people see me (I'm AFAB). I took on the gender identity without having it intrinsically from the start. If I woke up with a male-assigned body tomorrow, I know for sure I would feel like a man and I would have no difficulty identifying as one, but since I have a female-assigned body, I feel like a woman.

I also consider myself cisgender, with cisgenderless being a more specific descriptor. That's just me though. As with everything else, I'm sure there's a lot of variety under the cisgenderless label.

nerdperson777

Cisgenderless is a specific type of cisgender where you are fine with whatever body you can get. If you are born female, you identify as female, but if you were ever born male, you would be fine with that too. Same for male too. That part is kind of abstract since it's kind of a "what if" scenario. A cisgender female could be disgusted if she ever had masculine features, as a male would be with feminine features, which would make them cis, as they would hate having qualities associated with the opposite sex.

Blue Phoenix Ace

I thought cis-genderless was something like "born biologically male or female and identifying as such by default, not because of any psychological connection to that gender".

Many cisgender people say that if they woke up one day randomly in a body with a different sex (or different genitals, ie vagina or penis) then they would just shrug and identify that way instead. But many cisgender people would say that being in the "wrong" body would bother them to some extent, and they wish not to do that.

I hope that helps. It's not perfect, but I hope it's in easy language. If there are words you don't understand, please just ask so I can try to help define them! Gender is difficult enough without the language barrier, I admire that you are here :cake:

Thx everyone! I guess by that definition I am cisgenderless.

I am identifying as male by default indeed.

Sometimes I think to myself what would happen if I was female but im completely fine with being either.

Thx for everyone who helped! <3 :cake:

Blue Phoenix Ace

Many cisgender people say that if they woke up one day randomly in a body with a different sex (or different genitals, ie vagina or penis) then they would just shrug and identify that way instead. But many cisgender people would say that being in the "wrong" body would bother them to some extent, and they wish not to do that.

I believe you meant the first "cisgender" to be "cisgender-less". I'm just trying to clarify.

Blue Phoenix Ace

And just a follow-up. I know not everybody who reads these forums is asexual, but could asexuality have a lot to do with being cis-genderless? If someone were in a sexual relationship then the idea of magically transforming to another gender would be much more upsetting than if they had no sexual partner or interest in sex.

And just a follow-up. I know not everybody who reads these forums is asexual, but could asexuality have a lot to do with being cis-genderless? If someone were in a sexual relationship then the idea of magically transforming to another gender would be much more upsetting than if they had no sexual partner or interest in sex.

you have a point, it is a different thing, but being in a sexual relationship might actually matter.

It's not that I identify as female (and certainly not as a woman), it's more "I am physically female, so I guess that's what I am because I have no concept of gender being independent of my body".

Agender would be equally "not male" and "not female", so that doesn't apply to me.

Lightning Blue Ray

Ahhh yes this somewhat describes me. Thank you for this thread, everyone who posted in here, especially the OP who started this thread. Definitely cis, but I don't feel too close to the female identity.

Cisgenderless is a specific type of cisgender

I thought it was a subset of agender. Maybe it would help if we had clear definitions of agender and cisgender for this thread.

I have a related question. Do most people even count as 'cisgendered'? Most people haven't really thought much about the differences between gender and sex, and if most people don't really understand the meaning of identifying with a gender, how can we say they identify with a gender if they don't really understand the meaning of identifying with a gender? Maybe they would be more accurately described as 'people_who_haven't_really_thought_about_it_gendered'.

If a cat never thought about being a cat, it's still a cat.

But does it identify as a cat? Maybe it identifies as a dog.

If a cat never thought about being a cat, it's still a cat.

But does it identify as a cat? Maybe it identifies as a dog.

Frankly, we make this all too complicated. Cis-genderless pretty much equates to being gender indifferent, assuming the default. Instead of coming up with a fancy label, people should just state that they're indifferent about their gender.

I'm not a "label nazi" like you find on some other forums (too many labels and they just serve to divide us, etc.), but to me this is teetering on the edge of being "special snowflakey". People who identify on the trans spectrum and assume labels aren't indifferent about their gender. Their body and how they process the world causes them some degree of difficulty in their lives due to people assuming the default with them.

Cisgenderless is a specific type of cisgender

I thought it was a subset of agender. Maybe it would help if we had clear definitions of agender and cisgender for this thread.

I have a related question. Do most people even count as 'cisgendered'? Most people haven't really thought much about the differences between gender and sex, and if most people don't really understand the meaning of identifying with a gender, how can we say they identify with a gender if they don't really understand the meaning of identifying with a gender? Maybe they would be more accurately described as 'people_who_haven't_really_thought_about_it_gendered'.

I've always thought of cisgenderless as a subset of both agender and cisgender. Like the middle bit of a ven diagram, where one side is cisgender and the other is agender. So, it's kinda both, while also kinda neither on its own... That's my personal mind-map of it.

I learned from my school's GSA that cis-genderless means you identify as the sex you were born with it, but you don't really have a gender identity. So, basically, you don't care enough about gender to be considered trans.

this all sounds pretty interesting.

To sum up what was said:

Cisgenderless: Someone who doesn't have any mental connection to a certain gender or label, and just claims it is the default gender to not be labeless?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

maybe this will also be good:

Cisgenderless: A person who has no psychological connection to his sex\gender, and identifies in terms of gender as their born with sex\gender..

I've got the feeling I'm wrong, so let me know please.

I think you've pretty much got it. Of course, a cisgenderless person may identify as a man (for example) for convenience purposes as well. For example, most surveys etc only have genders, with no agender option, so many people find it much easier to just identify as the gender they were assigned at birth, since this does not harm them or cause dysphoria. So it may be for convenience rather than a feeling like they need a label, though it may also be for a label ;)

Goodness, I hope that made sense... if not, then just go with what you have, it's just as good as my interpretation!

Cisgenderless: Someone who doesn't have any mental connection to a certain gender or label, and just claims it is the default gender to not be labeless?

More because actively identifying as anything would be a pointless waste of time and energy. So I just go with what is most convenient and requires the least amount of effort.

More because actively identifying as anything would be a pointless waste of time and energy. So I just go with what is most convenient and requires the least amount of effort.

Yea I agree, its kind of more accurate.

Nea Rose Symphony

Gender (how I see myself as) doesn't exist with me. When I say I'm female and when others call me by female pronouns we're all going by my parts (and what others accurately assume about them). When I imagine what I am, I feel nothingness. Like, I don't feel very feminine but at the same time I know I'm in no way male. I don't want to be genderless so I go by my assigned sex. At least, that's how I think cis genderless would go. I might be that too

• 1 month later...
Lightning Blue Ray

I learned from my school's GSA that cis-genderless means you identify as the sex you were born with it, but you don't really have a gender identity. So, basically, you don't care enough about gender to be considered trans.

Ahhh yes that clears things up for me

• 1 year later...
On 24.11.2015 at 8:48 AM, Neapolitan_Cat said:

Like, I don't feel very feminine but at the same time I know I'm in no way male. I don't want to be genderless so I go by my assigned sex.

Omg, that's exactly how I feel. Maybe cis-genderless would be a good label for me...

😘🍰

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
On 12/5/2017 at 12:29 PM, howtobegeek said:

Omg, that's exactly how I feel. Maybe cis-genderless would be a good label for me...

😘🍰

I'm happy that this thread might have helped you :) 

Archived