HelloToYou

Which fits you best?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Asexual
    • Semi-sexual
    • Sexual

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok, so we all know what asexual and sexual are, but what about semi-sexual? Sexuality is more of a continum than it is a bunch of boxes, so semi-sexual would be more like you're so close to the center that you have a hard time figuring out which "box" you fit into "best." Or you have elements from both and can't decide... if you can think of a better deffinition, that's fine too.... So, which "box" do you fit into "best"?

There's "hyposexual". I need to go look that up.

I'm not quite sure what I am. If I had to choose, I'd probably pick asexual, but I'll have to think about it.

I think I like the term "hyposexual" better than "asexual", because it fits better with the fluid reality of sexuality than asexual, which sounds too concrete to me.

I'm not sure about "semi-sexual", because I don't know how it's defined.

I voted semi-sexual. In the past, I've had sexual attraction, however, I have not had sexual attraction to anyone or anything for the past few years.

I like this "semi-sexual" concept. And I chose it. Personally I find myself becoming increasingly interested in sexuality. I think it's because of AVEN! hah. That sounds almost ironic. But no, I said sexuality and not sex! I can't really say I have no interest in sex, because I love talking about sex on an objective level. It's an interesting facet of evolution and human development. And I've been noticing a lot more lately how sexuality effects my life. It's very very interesting.

But I feel like I approach sexuality way different than the vast majority. And I think I will stop here before I rant about anything too much.

>.<

Anyway, yes, I think I would fit under semi-sexual. Or something.

bah. I don't know anything.

I'd say that hypo-sexual would probably fit under semi-sexual... hyposexual would probably be a better term... semisexual is just something that I made up.

Personally, I'd have to say I am border-line asexual and therefore would say semisexual. That is pretty much the whole reason I made this thread. People seem to either be interested or not interested in sex, cut and dry. As for me, I generally don't feel sexual attraction except some mild sexual attraction when the horomones are out of wack. I also am interested in sex but I don't know if the main reason for that is society's emfasis on it or if it's just me. I am interested in having it because I have never experienced it. However, I am in no hurry. It's like a strange dish in the corner of the kitchen; you want to try it to see what it's like, but you're not sure how much more you will want once you have a taste and it's not tempting enough to sneak some before dinner.

I voted semi-sexual though I prefer the term hyposexual.

I don't know if my top or bottom half is sexual, or is the division right side or left side?

I don't experience sexual attraction at all therefore I'm asexual although I have never tried it and cannot judge whether it's a nice experience or not.

I voted semi-sexual. I have too much sexual attraction to be asexual and not enough sexual motivation to relate to other sexuals.

Explanatory TMI: I had a fairly high libido in my early teens, but nowadays it is sort of cyclical. I'll go a while feeling like a relatively normal sexual (but still not really being highly aroused much or wanting to follow through on most of it), a while feeling not very sexual except for short periods just before I get up in the morning and just before I go to sleep, and a while feeling totally not sexual at all. I suspect that it relates to my menstrual cycle but haven't actually kept close enough track to be sure.

I'm asexual. I'm not against sex 'cuz as Shakespeare said, the world must be peopled. I just don't want/need to participate.

I'm sorta in the grey area between asexual and hyposexual.... there are some things I like, but most of it I'll pass on.

Eh. I dont even know. I stopped worrying about labels a couple months ago. I am me.

By the way, HTY, what do you think of the idea of moving it to census? It'd be worthwhile to keep around. I'm sure that Nugan or Hawke'd be happy to take care of that if you dont mind....

I'm sorta in the grey area between asexual and hyposexual.... there are some things I like, but most of it I'll pass on.

Asexual: no interest in sex

Hyposexual: very little interest in sex

Okay, I'll bite... what's in the grey area between those two? :lol:

Good question... is it not knowing if you are interested in sex?

There might be gray area. Simple- being both or one prevailing, but not knowing exactly which. Perhaps Shivers isn't just good with classifications, you know. Don't take it all literally, guys.

Seems silly? Not to me. Or, not that much. But it's funny.

Maybe I misunderstood something but isn't hyposexual a person who has no real sexdrive but likes sex and does it if (s)he has the opportunity and therefore it's a matter of drive whereas asexuality is a matter of attraction.

If I'm right then there is no contradiction between those two words.

I prefer not to use labels.

I dunno.

I would say asexual/hyposexul.

I'm me that's really all I know.

As far as asexual goes I do fit the site's definition.

*but* I do wonder at times....so yeah Idon't like labels.

Like HTY said. Part of it is "not sure if I'm interested in sex."

I've mentioned this a few times before. What defines sex? (And lets not sidetrack this convo by going into that debate again.)

Like I said in this thread, there is some stuff I like, that would qualify as sexual; or at least "foreplay". I dont enjoy the heavier stuff, but I am capable of it.

What does that make me? Depends who you ask. So, I just say I'm somewhere between the two, and forget labels after that.

saturdaythe21st
Personally, I'd have to say I am border-line asexual and therefore would say semisexual. That is pretty much the whole reason I made this thread. People seem to either be interested or not interested in sex, cut and dry.

Cool - someone else said "borderline asexual." I came up with that term for myself, too. Although I like "semisexual" better.

But as for "hyposexual" - and please correct me if this is wrong - the term suggests a weak, negligible sex drive. Not true of me. I have what's more like a selective sex drive. I don't get the hots for women at all, and if you put fifty guys in a room, there'll be probably only five or six that I find attractive enough for sex. I mean, they'd have to be pretty much perfect (perfect to me, not necessarily to Men's Health or GQ). But invariably, those five or six guys will be way out of my league. So I'm kind of left out of the loop - which used to bother me, but it doesn't anymore.

Selectivesexual? Pickysexual? Narrowsexual? Hmmm...

*scratches chin and goes off to create more ridiculous compound words*

See, for me, it's not about putting me in a room of fifty guys and seeing how many I want to have sex with... If you did that I would say I don't want to have sex with ANY of them!!! First of all, I wouldn't want to do something that intimate with someone that I was not in a relationship with.... especially if I didn't know them. I also don't know if the fact that I am waiting until marriage is the reason I have never really cared to have sex with my boyfriend... it could be that I am waiting and therefore it isn't an option in my mind, I am not ready for that kind of relationship despite the fact that I am waiting, I haven't quite found the right guy, or I am asexual...

Put me in a room with fifty guys, there might be two or three that I'd want to go cuddle with. Having sex wouldn't cross my mind either.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived