BBC documentary-Timewatch

bearded

I was just wondering if anyone saw the Timewatch documentary on 25/26th November. It was about the CIA doing a psychological profile of Hitler. Why I mention it is because when they were looking into his childhood using Freudian methods, and deducted that as his father wa violent, his mother wsa too protective and that he probably had problems with potty training, that it had made him, guess what, asexual. They described asexuality as an infantile view of sex.
I was thrilled - not.

2013 Mod Edit: We can watch the documentary

:

I was just wondering if anyone saw the Timewatch documentary on 25/26th November. It was about the CIA doing a psychological profile of Hitler. Why I mention it is because when they were looking into his childhood using Freudian methods, and deducted that as his father wa violent, his mother wsa too protective and that he probably had problems with potty training, that it had made him, guess what, asexual. They described asexuality as an infantile view of sex.

I was thrilled - not.

Data from Hilter is a sample of one. Such a sample is niether random nor

representative. Therefore inferences about others cannot be reliably made upon said data.

So many people have tried to psychoanalyse Hitler over the years that he has probably been "diagnosed" as being just about everything you could think of at some point.

I was thrilled - not.

Oh my God - are there still people who are using Freudian methods?

BTW: Hitler was a vegetarian. Therefore, all vegetarians are disturbed :)

It bothers me that because one idividual did something terrible that anyone seen to be similiar to them should be tormented about it. Have we as a people not learned to judge people as individuals and not as groups or neat 'boxes'? I wonder at times...

Asterion Orestes
BTW: Hitler was a vegetarian. Therefore, all vegetarians are disturbed

And a teetotaler. (Which would not necessarily make him a teetotalitarian. :lol:)

Archived