Religion

HelloToYou

I am a very complex Unitarian Universalist.

I say complex because I am pretty much agnostic, but I think that by studying religion, and all religion that one can gleam some truth, maybe not about god or gods or godesses, but rather about the nature of humanity itself.

I have a deep dislike of religious dogma and fundimentalism though.

The nature of understanding is mutable. Religions is an artificial thought structure that causes it's user to often disregard that which does not fall withing the pattern. .

Think about this now - is it just religion that is guilty of this fallacy? Seems to me like humans do this sort of 'believe what you know' with whatever philosophy or politics or culture is presented to them...

Oh absolutely, religions is only one of these artificial thought structures. Atheism is also one. I like the new South Park episode addressing that. For the most part anything described with an ism is an artificial thought structure.

P.S. Unitarian Universalists are awesome. My experience with it is a church of agnostics :).

• 1 year later...

The principles are very simple.

funny-pictures-cat-eyes-basement-dark.jpg

Possible afterlives aside, the ceiling and basement are things we make, and inhabit, while we're alive.

Archived