Asexual Awareness Week Starts Tomorrow

YinYangPandaMonster

Got an Ace of Hearts on my bag for school, carrying a spare on me

Wearing purple clothing when I can etc etc

It's gonna be fun :33

Might even bake an Ace cake

Agent Rainbow

Probably wearing as much purple as I can, drawing an ace of hearts card on a post it and sticking it to my iPad. Most likely the first one, as it is more sublte and I'm only out to my friends, not everyone. Also, I might go to a gsa meeting, so yay!

New Strawberry 8

I've been putting up posters all over campus, spreading the news through word of mouth (telling friends, classmates, teachers), and have even made speeches in a couple classes explaining what asexuality is and why we need the awareness week.

And of course I've been sporting some ace merch like a shirt with the flag colors in the shape of hearts, ace of spades card earrings, and pretty much every purple article of clothing I own. :P I'm the only person at my small college that is openly not heterosexual and participates in LGBTQA+ stuff, so I have been working hard to be heard.

Moving to the Vis Ed forum.

Amcan

Administrator

Wearing purple all week. Will try to dress in gray, black white and purple if I can. I am also going to wear my ace colours friendship bracelet and of course my black ring as usual :)

On my Instagram I plan to post something asexy everyday, i found a picture that says "asexual love is real love", a selfie with my ace of diamons card, and a few awesome ace jokes stolen from AVEN (no names i promise :D)

have a little stare later in the week if you like @secret.weap0n

from 23.09.15 ( the second day i joined AVEN), i am wearing the black ring, it is always in my hand, as a symbol of Asexuality and of this awesome community!

and for all this week i will wear something black grey white and purple

and i will put a photo (i want to put an asexual symbol) in my profil in AVEN

and of course i will spend more and more time at AVEN forums!!

i want to say a very big thank you to all of the people in AVEN who helped me so much!!

i was alone in my life and i had big problem with self-esteem but now i can smile!

this communty gives me every day a lot of support

thanks you have me here and thanks for all this help you give me!!

a big internet hug to all friends!!

and of course, cake :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

I wrote a poem! Haven't thought of anything else yet lol. Might come out to a few friends if the time is right.

I might join an event for Norwegian AVEN-ers (actually called AVENgers) on October 24th. I think I will, though I am a bit nervous about it as I don't know anyone of the other people. But one meeting has to be the first, right? Besides, I am not out yet and I guess I am worried that many of them will sport major ace merch and I will meet someone I know and thus they will realize it's a meeting of some sort and figure out what that means for me on their own. :P

I will listen to "Start Wearing Purple" by Gogol Bordello on Spotify as much as I can, and I guess wear some purple (though I don't have that much purple stuff to wear). :) I have been trying to find an ace of hearts-top after I found a really great one online but now I can't seem to re-find it, and I haven't liked any of the other ones I've found as much. Maybe I will try to buy one but I probably won't get it until after ace awareness week anyways. I already bought a knitted hat in the ace flag colours but I don't think it will get here until the week's over, it's being shipped from the US.

I'm considering changing my Facebook cover photo to the ace flag for the week, but I'm still kind of up in the air about it.

Wearing purple is pretty normal for me but I will do more of it this week :) already have plans in the works to see a few fellow aces and am supposed to hang out with an old guy friend from school and am thinking about telling him since I think part of the reason he texted me was because he has a crush on me. Still wary about telling old friends and acquaintances though because I don't want it spread around and then to become "that weird girl that doesn't have sex." I haven't had much luck while shopping for ace themed rings but may try hitting up a few stores again. Also thinking about putting a real profile picture here and on acebook with just my eyes covered or something.. Still weird about putting myself completely out there :/ when I wasn't sure what I was and tried dating girls it was so much easier to come out to people as a lesbian than it is to say im ace!

I am having problems with my pasting and quoting buttons on here today so I am just going to say this is a response to SweetiBot's post and New Strawberry 8's post. First I will discuss my response to SweetieBot's post. I had the same idea. I changed my Facebook cover photo to the ace flag yesterday. I rarely use Facebook though and I only have like one friend on there, so not many people will see it, but I am showing support. Like New Strawberry 8 I have also made posters to put up around my school. I was going to talk to my sociology teacher about speaking to my class about it, but I have a cold right now and my sore throat is really bothering me. If it get better this week I might still do it. I might also ask her if she can talk a little about it.

I'm considering changing my Facebook cover photo to the ace flag for the week, but I'm still kind of up in the air about it.

I'm probably going to do that. It's my plan. It's about time to cycle the cover photo anyhow (I've currently got an old painting I did which is starting to really bug me with all of its flaws), it's subtle and shouldn't require actually talking to people in person, and should still do the trick of actually participating this year.

There's not really all that much else I can do. I'm all through with college, I work from home, I don't own anything in the appropriate colours, and engaging people in person in conversation is just about the last thing I want to do right now.

I'm thinking of coming out officially on facebook tomorrow or sometime during the week. I've never posted anything about it there before (obviously, it's full of people I actually know, relatives both immediate and distant, lots of people with different viewpoints, my father who I'm still not sure if my mom told him or not when I came out to her months ago), but I rarely have occasion to leave my apartment anymore so it's not like I have classes I can speak at or clubs I can go to or even a workplace to spread info around. My tumblr is already well aware of my asexiness, so facebook is about all I have left. And it would be interesting to see how people respond, and to have the opportunity to educate people if they express a willingness to learn about it.

Let's see if I actually work up the nerve (considering on I only came out to my sister after sitting curled up in a very tight ball in my favorite armchair and apparently looking distraught enough that she actually felt the need to sit down and wait quietly for me to actually say something for like 10 minutes, but that was a year ago and I have since grown immensely in both my understanding of myself and my confidence in my orientation).

Put an ace filter on my FB profile, and posted an AAW thread in the LGBTQ group at a political forum I go to.

I now have an ace filter on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Happy AAW everyone !

EmotionalAndroid

I have pride flag-colored outfits planned for every day this week, and I am going to maybe put up posters or leave little fliers around stealthily.

I have pride flag-colored outfits planned for every day this week, and I am going to maybe put up posters or leave little fliers around stealthily.

This is impressive. I definitely don't own enough purple for that. I might be able to mange two days (today being one of them).

Morning Glory

I've been looking everywhere for a black ring I can wear! I plan to get one before this week is over! (By the way... I read on two different sources here that it can be on the ring finger or middle finger and now I'm just not sure anymore. Can someone please tell me?)

I swallowed my nervousness and volunteered to be on an asexual awareness video. >_< I'm still nervous and I'm worried how it will change the view that some may have of me... But I shall overcome this! (What a thing it is to be so self conscious. Why must society make us feel so awkward to express ourselves?)

I strongly dislike Facebook so I don't go on it very often... But I think I will also post an asexual picture as my profile picture. Then later in the week- for those that didn't notice or catch on- I'll come out on Facebook.

I'm also going to make the effort to wear asexual colours this entire week.

I bought a purple pillow to commemorate the occasion. >_> in actuality I used asexual awareness week more as an excuse to buy the pillow. It was so soft and comfy~! <3

I saw a craft I'd like to try on YouTube! Pride in a bottle! I'd like to do that!

I also plan to buy a thing or two on the Internet for asexual pride~! ;3

I was pondering over the idea of making panflits and informing the library of my intentions to raise awareness. They're awesome people so I think they might help me out. (Maybe it's not to late to go to local media...) and I think I might also "stealthily leave some lying around" too.

(Some of my ideas were inspired by others, so I'd like to thank you all!)

And happy Asexual Awareness Week to you all! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: ~<3

I'm so glad that it's here!!!! I've been waiting for almost 3 months, I'm so happy aaaaah!

Currently, I'm wearing my leggings that are in the four colors of the asexual flag, a black shirt and purple makeup, which I have been getting compliments on all morning. :3 I'm bummed that I couldn't buy a pin in time for this week, but I'll definitely be fine if I can still get one in the near future.

I have also changed the profile pictures to all of my accounts, except for facebook. I'm still really on the fence about that.

I plan on wearing flag-colored clothes, makeup and my black ring for the rest of the week, for the most part.

EmotionalAndroid

So I just got back from putting "ace propaganda" up around my campus. Haha. I had to stop because there are more students awake and walking around now. I'll return to my duty tomorrow morning. I hope that my posters and fliers can help some folks who are unaware of asexuality! Wow, I feel so liberated by putting this stuff up. Normally I would be too afraid to. (Granted, nobody saw me, but that is all the better!)

This is impressive. I definitely don't own enough purple for that. I might be able to mange two days (today being one of them).

Well, a few weeks ago I only had 2 outfits, but I recently found a purple cardigan that I can wear over a lot of stuff. c: I only have 4 outfits right now, including the one I have on now. But that's enough, I suppose.

Somehow it completely slipped my mind that it's ace awareness week! I am just generally bad with dates so it's no surprise.

But, apparently I have perfect timing as I just finished my ace pride bracelet. I will make sure to wear it every single day the rest of the week. Not sure I can manage to coordinate my wardrobe though. Today I just spent the day in PJs at home haha.

And of course I'll make or reblog some posts on Facebook and Tumblr!

I now have an ace filter on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Happy AAW everyone !

What's a filter and how can I get an ace one on my facebook??

I'm wearing my new black ring today. It's bigger than my old one and it just plain black (my other is a black LotR ring). I intended to save it for special occasions, but I think AAW counts :P

I am bringing a cake decorated with ace flag colors to my lgbtq+ club. I still haven't decided what I want to write on the cake though....

Archived