I need your stories!

mchrestine

Hello everyone!

I'm currently building a workshop on asexuality and aromanticism that, should my proposal be accepted, will be presented at Creating Change 2016 conference in Chicago. Even if the proposal is not accepted, the workshop will be presented at various trainings run by my university. It may also be published to the LGBTQIA architect but I don't have confirmation of that yet.

To create a workshop which presents a more rounded view of our community/communities, I need your stories.

For a section on intersectionality, I need stories of how your experience being asexual and/or aromantic has affected and been affected by your experience with your race/ethnicity, gender, neurodivergence, (dis)ability, or other identity.

For a section on erasure and invisibility, I need stories of how the underrepresentation of asexuality and aromanticism has affected your mindset/emotional state/experience before discovering it, your coming out experience(s), or the reactions you've received from others.

These stories don't have to be long--in fact concise is preferred; the stories have to fit readably on a powerpoint slide. If I choose your story to be included, you will of course be credited.

You'll also notice that these prompts are very open-ended. That's because I'm not following a form; I want a rounded and accurate view of our community. That said, because of this, if I don't get a story about a particular intersection or experience, I may not be able to include it to the fullest extent it deserves or at all.

You can submit your stories through a google form here

Thank you!

Squirrel Combat

Cool! I'll see if I can contribute anything!

nerdperson777

I can't think of a specific story with events, just thoughts. I'm not sure if that's enough.

Archived