Merchandace - new asexual merchandise catalogue

Mr No

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know about a little project I've been working on recently. It's called Merchandace, and the idea is to be a catalogue of all the high-quality ace merchandise on the web. It's launching today with 380 products, and I'll be adding more as time goes on - suggestions (and any feedback at all really) welcome!

You can find it at http://merchandace.com/

Edit to add: please also like Merchandace on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/Merchandace-767045210072129

Press release:

We’re building the biggest collection of high-quality asexual merchandise on the web.

There’s a huge amount of asexual merchandise out there on the web, but it can be hard to find. That’s why we created Merchandace - a catalogue of all the best merchandise to help you show off your pride!

We’ve partnered with Zazzle, CafePress, RedBubble, Look Human, Amazon and Etsy to bring you loads of fantastic ace products all in one place. Discover asexy T-shirts, accessories, badges, coffee mugs, bags and so much more - all in one convenient and easy-to-browse website.

Merchandace is provided as a free service to the community, not just as a catalogue of merchandise but also as a way to help budding designers get their creations out there. We'll help you get set up with a print-on-demand supplier such as Zazzle or CafePress, or to list your handicrafts on Etsy - and of course we'll feature you in the Merchandace catalogue to help boost your exposure.

We're also on the lookout for photos of aces modelling their favourite asexual merchandise. Please get in touch with your pictures, and we'll even feature the best ones on the website.

Find Merchandace at http://merchandace.com

Agent Rainbow

Here's a good idea for a shirt:

It's says"Make Cake, Not Love" with a slice of layer cake and the layers are the colors of the ace flag. I came up with it myself!

Mr No, thanks for your diligent work in collating many sites. :cake: :cake: :cake:

hopefully this will make it a lot easier for our community to demonstrate their Aceness

Oh my goodness, this is such a fantastic idea! The site looks gorgeous, too!

Thank you everyone for your kind words. :)

Inachis - do you know whether they exist already? If so I can definitely link them into the site. If not, perhaps we can find someone to design them?

Thank you everyone for your kind words. :)

Inachis - do you know whether they exist already? If so I can definitely link them into the site. If not, perhaps we can find someone to design them?

Those would be in the AVEN Store here: http://www..com/avenstore

Edit: well, they used to be anyway. I don't know why they aren't anymore.

OK, I'll have a search through CafePress and see what I can find.

Meantime, I've added a few new products and rolled out a bunch of new features, including the ability to link to individual products, review/comment on products, and see what other categories products are in. I'm planning to add a feed of new products directly onto the homepage too, but not tonight.

YinYangPandaMonster

PLEASEEEE make the yin yang hoodie a zip up. PLEASSSE

AnotherWeasley

Thank you so much for this! Now I just need to earn money and find a way to buy things online without my parents' or my sister's accounts or I need to come out to one of them xD I'll find a way, though, because this stuff is absolutely amazing

PLEASEEEE make the yin yang hoodie a zip up. PLEASSSE

I don't actually make the products - the idea of Merchandace is to link to what's already out there and make it easier to find. There actually is a zip up yin-yang hoodie, but Zazzle in their infinite wisdom have made it impossible to link to directly. So... instructions for you:

1. Go here: http://merchandace.com/item/yin-yang-tshirt/

2. Click "Buy from Zazzle"

3. Scroll down to "Styles" on the right-hand side of the Zazzle page

4. Click "See all styles"

5. Select "Sweatshirts" and pick the style you'd like

The a+bi shirt was my idea initially, and I'm so psyched to see it on the first page! (Yes, alphabetical, but still.)

(No, I don't get a cut from it, but New England Aces does.)

Also, I caught a typo in the ghost shirt description.

The link in the "ace from space" shirt goes to a different shirt.

I found this website today. The merchandise seems good, maybe you can link some of the items (they have tons!) on merchandace ;)

Thanks for all the work you're putting into this (I've 'liked' your Fb page :) ). I don't suppose I'll ever find another sweatshirt that has an amazing dragon motif; it was designed by one of our members and I LOVED that sweatshirt (I had two), as it wore out I kept sewing it back up till there was almost as much repair as original.

I have a problem with the Zazzle products, the pages are said not to exist...I'm pretty sure it worked last time though. Could the links have changed?

(Also, has anyone ever found socks in ace colors? I mean, knee-high warm socks, or the very warm kind you wear at home. That would be so awesome, but I never saw any, although I've been looking for those for a while.)

That's frustrating, a_fox - I haven't noticed any issues with them myself, but if they're not working for you then I'll definitely look into it. :) Any chance you could please send me a quick PM with the products that aren't working for you, and the Zazzle country you selected?

Unfortunately I've not found any asexual socks anywhere yet, but if I do, I will let you know!

Frankentan - I've done some digging around and found a bunch of products with dragon motifs on them, which you can see here: http://merchandace.com/collections/dragons/

As always, most T-shirts can also be made as sweatshirts. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I like a lot of t-shirts that aren't really meant to be ace, just to be sassy, but which are extra funny if you're ace.

For instance this one: Fries before guys

And this one: "How about no" sassy valentine's tee

Not sure if you're also looking for these kind of stuff :P

Also, do you have the items from http://www.redbubble.com/shop/asexual?

Hah, those are great, thanks! :D Added them to today's update - if you come across anything similar, please let me know. :)

I've also added some stuff for various romantic orientations. I'm undecided as to whether to add stuff that's intended for, eg, the pansexual community as panromantic products. Suspect it might depend on exactly what each item is, but what does anyone else think?

I'm undecided as to whether to add stuff that's intended for, eg, the pansexual community as panromantic products. Suspect it might depend on exactly what each item is, but what does anyone else think?

I think people might appreciate variety ;)

Archived