Hello from Moderator Feral_Sophisticate!

Feral_Sophisticate

Feral_Sophisticate

Hi everyone.

Since I'm newly anointed with supah powah, I thought I'd write a brief hello... (You folks deserve no less. It seems only fitting that you should know something about the person that's moderating your forum!)

My name is Bruce, and I discovered asexuality by being in a romantic relationship with someone who is quite likely somewhere on the spectrum of asexuality. She is still learning who she is and where she fits in on the it as she - until recently - had a hard time reconciling that she some non sexual fetishes that she enjoyed, and couldn't quite understand why. She and I are kinky (indeed, that's what brought us together). Prior to her, I was one of those types that thought sex and intimacy were the same thing. I learned that i was wrong shortly before I met her, and the experiences I've had with her since have solidified that view.

Through her, I found AVEN, and found it to be a good place to meet and talk to people who were coping with some of the same challenges I faced (and still do). Some of the AVENites have become friends of mine on other social media (like FetLife).

I've been to various local kink events (ask me sometime about the tickle party I went to... it was a blast, and I don't think I've had that much non-sexualized fun at a fetish event since), and met people who identify as asexual, and have been able to engage with them in discussion, thanks to what I've learned with my girl, and through my presence in AVEN.

I joined the election for this position because I believe that the best way to combat ignorance is with education - and always have. I already do what I can to enlighten others about mixed asexual/sexual relationships (both here, in other forums, and in real life), and explain why it is that she and I work so well, when every previous relationship (founded on sexual contact) has failed.

Please visit my AVEN profile if you're curious about the sorts of stuff I'm into, outside of the kink & fetish realm. If it's not listed on my profile, I'm still be willing to talk about it. I try to have as much of an open mind as possible, even though I know I sometimes fail at the task.

Feel free to drop me a line anytime!!! :) Don't let the fact that I'm a fetishist deter you. I actually can carry casual (and "normal" - whatever that is) conversation.

Hi Feral, It's a pleasure to meet you! *cakes you in the face* A Tickle party is the only party I'd go to ahah

:cake: Belated Welcome! :cake: :cake:

Archived