-Insert Clever Intro Thread Title Here-

Muzzy

Hi everyone, my name is Jonathan :) .

I guess I'm just here as part of my process of self-discovery. I've been on a LGBT forum since I was like 14 years old (still on it now and actually was on staff for two years) and that has helped me tremendously in my journey. For the longest time, I've considered myself gay. However, I'm not sure that label entirely fits anymore. While I am attracted to only guys, I don't know if what I'm feeling can be considered "sexual" attraction. I'm not a virgin and do enjoy my encounters with people. The confusing aspect is in what I enjoy. I absolutely love foreplay (kissing, touching, etc) and the cuddling after; however, I do not get any particular enjoyment out of the actual act of sex itself. I mean, I'm not opposed to sex...but I don't really get any pleasure from it. I'd be perfectly fine jumping from foreplay to cuddling to be honest :p . Because of that, I've been dancing around the idea that I could be a homoromantic asexual or somewhere within the gray-a spectrum. While I absolutely adore the LGBT forum I'm on, I don't find it really well equipped to aid me on this portion of my journey and was hoping I could find some clarity here.

Hello and welcome to AVEN, Jonathan! :cake: We're all friendly here, so don't be afraid to ask anything ;) As for what you wrote above, you might want to visit the Asexual Q&A and Romantic and Aromantic Orientations sections, they'll definitely help some ^_^

Here, have something sweet as a welcoming gift~

sokoladinis-small.jpg

I can clarify some terms if that helps. Sexual attraction is a pull towards a specific person to do something sexual with that person. Sexual attraction can occur at the same time or independent of other types of attraction, including romantic attraction, sensual attraction (wanting to cuddle with someone) and aesthetic attraction. You might be feeling sensual attraction and not sexual attraction?

Also, some asexuals like sex, some are indifferent, and some are repulsed by it. So you can like sex or be indifferent to it and still be asexual if you don't feel sexual attraction.

I hope you enjoy being a member here. :) Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

Hullo, nice to meet you and welcome to AVEN! :cake: :cake: I'm glad that you have decided to join and thank you for introducing yourself. AVEN is a great place to learn more about yourself. I wish you good luck on your journey to self-discovery with figuring yourself out. A lot of people here can relate to you. I hope you enjoy it here and... more cake!

mmCGFFS.jpg?1

Welcome :cake:

I understand what you are going through. As someone who used to frequent and lgtb forum, I thought maybe that I was gay as well. Through much thinking, I have come to discover and take pride in my asexuality.

Best of luck to you :) I'm here for you if you need anything.

Archived