Gender dysphoria dreams?

Jorden

I keep having dreams of looking at myself in a mirror and having feminine hair styles and make up on the number one thing iv'e always hated. So inside the dream i end up freaking out and when i wake up and realize it's not real it's a huge weight of my shoulders.

The dreams more detailed, but i believe you can understand without all the little details...have you guys ever been hunted in your sleep with dreams pledged with your dysphoria? I know my mind is just thinking and everything, but it makes me wonder if others have experienced this and if it weirdly effected you. Personally, i don't know i think it only effects me on a level that just makes my dysphoria worse in a weird way.

I have had dreams of waking up one day and suddenly having male genitalia, and I looked like my "ideal male." I actually quite enjoy those dreams. As long as I can remember I wasn't exactly happy being a female, and I always longed to be male. Now that I'm older my thoughts have changed so I can care less about what sex I am, so I don't really hate it when I dream about that stuff.

As for the effect the dreams have on me, I wouldn't say much. It's just a reminder of what I really wanted as a child.

Watch out with dreams, they're never what they seem to be. Theyre wishes, theyre worries... Theyre symbols, meanings hidden under masks. Gender rarely means gender in dreams, but mundane object are gender. It is meant to confuse people.

And... Em... Don't let dreams disturb you. Theyre not real. ;) Have cake and coffee :cake: :)

I had a dream where once I was a man speaking to a woman, and then the same dream just after where I was the woman speaking to the man. Both were me and they were having a constant conversation.

I figured it just meant me wanting to be inside other people's heads since I want to be a writer, but maybe it also had something to do with my mild gender dysphoria? Not sure now.

Had a dream a couple of weeks ago where I filled a prescription at a pharmacy. Didn't know what the prescription was for, but they gave me a bunch of bottles of T and syringes. I didn't know what to do with it- there were no directions on how much to take, I didn't know how to give myself shots and wasn't even sure I wanted to use it (transitioning would mostly change things I actually like about myself versus curing any dysphoria). It was definitely one of those " things that make you go hmm" showing up in a dream like that (I had really vivid and memorable dreams that week overall, which is few and far between with me).

i once had a dream where my binder would flatten my chest for some time even after taking it off. I've also had quite a few dreams where my gender wasn't clear or where i was a cis man, the mornings after those are usually the hardest.

Archived