Volunteer Call for AVENues: An Old Favourite Coming Back!

CosineTheCat

Hello AVENites!

I’m here to Announce that we’re bringing back an old favourite, AVENues! Wait, you don’t know what AVENues is? Fear not!

AVENues was our once bimonthly newsletter that featured members in our community as well as blogs, poems, images, or anything creative involving Asexuality created for the newsletter, or taken off the forum itself. It would also focus on key events happening around the asexual community at any time and show off the hard working people putting on those events.

The reason for this announcement is not to get you all excited (well, that too) but we’re currently looking for volunteers willing to create content, help edit, be interviewed, and be all together fantastic people. This will be an ongoing event and if we have enough people we might be able to make it so that it’s a monthly newsletter instead. So if you’re wanting to help the community in some way, but don’t want to be part of the Admod team (or unable to be), come join this project!

The first new volume will be slated for January 2016, and to celebrate the relaunch, and since the asexual community has changed so much since the last volume was released, we are considering a special theme to it, of "old vs. new". Any type of submission will be allowed, but for the theme, we will especially encourage submissions by members who have read, or contributed to earlier editions about their memories with AVENues, or how much the asexual community and its discourse have changed, and what is new!

We will have a contest for a new AVENues logo, which will begin on October 1st, at which point the requirements for the logo will also be posted. Submissions for the logo will run from October 1st to October 15th. Voting will begin October 16th and end on October 31st. Logos will be submitted by email, and submissions will be anonymous until after the voting process, so newer members won't be at a disadvantage. We encourage long-time and new members alike to participate!

If you have any questions, or would like to submit content to the Newsletter itself please email newsletter@asexuality.org.

Thanks! :cake:

I loved AVENues, and eagerly awaited each new volume. I look forward to its return. :)

The reason for this announcement is not to get you all excited (well, that too) but we’re currently looking for volunteers willing to create content, help edit, be interviewed, and be all together fantastic people.

I can do that. :lol:

But I don't mind being interviewed, I just don't know what on.

This sounds great!! I wasn't aware of AVENues from before, so this is all new to me. : )

I'm totally eyeing that logo design contest... :ph34r:

I would love to join!

Er, actually, I'm already in a Skype group for this. I never got around to actually working on it.... Anyway, if you would like to join, please PM me or Cosine with your Skype name and we can add you in.

Edited by Robin L

This sounds interesting. But I need to install Skype on this computer first. :P

Well, if you don't have skype we can make AVEN chat group were we can bounce idea off each other. Skype I find is a little quicker :3

That is true. And I do have Skype, I just haven't got it on this computer. I've been meaning to get it anyway one of these days.

I love proofreading and editing text, so if you need anyone for that I would be happy to help! :D

As for the logo design, I'll be eyeing it, but I'm currently busy with a big group project (100 amazing artists who are into Vocaloid doing one big collab for the Kagamine birthday xD ) so I don't know if I'll have time to design anything. q v q

EDIT: Turns out I'm unable to participate in the big group project, so I may be able to make a logo design if I find the time. :)

Edited by Guest

PLEASE LET ME EDIT I love correcting grammar and spelling and researching things that might not be right

scarletlatitude

This sounds great!! I wasn't aware of AVENues from before, so this is all new to me. : )

DO EEEETTT KELICO DOOOO EEEEETTTT. <3 :)

I'm glad so many people are willing to help! It will make everything go more quickly and smoothly if we can divide up the work. :)

DO EEEETTT KELICO DOOOO EEEEETTTT. <3 :)

;) I think I might. I just MIGHT. THAT IS A VERY STRONG MIGHT.

I realize I'm new to this community, but I would be happy to lend my own editing skills to this project. Eventually I would be happy to help produce content as well, though I'm still processing what it means for me to be asexual (and even what type I am) so I'm not quite comfortable creating content yet. On the other hand, this might be an excuse for me to explore it even more deeply. I won't be able to use Skype for this, but I am easy to reach through email and I'm more than happy to join chat for this purpose.

I would be happy to help in some way if I can, though I don't know what help I can offer.

I'd love to help out! I'm working on a few things, but nothing I'm quite ready to share anything in the near future. I'd be more than happy to edit, proofread, and research.

I don't mind being interviewed or putting in a contribution, but time constraints preclude an active involvement at this time. Maybe later :cake:

I would love to! I'm not sure how often I could do stuff (being a full-time high-school-almost-college student) but I will do what I can, if you need me to.

That sounds pretty cool I would love to help you to create something for that... Since I'm more a creative person I would think of cartoon or comic strips to make ^-^ can't wait to see AVENues

This sounds like it will be cool. If I can help in any way just let me know!

YinYangPandaMonster

Is there an age limit? What's the youngest someone can be, because I'm 13 and I'm really interested

YinYangPandaMonster

Also, (i know this sounds stupid) but by any kind of submisions, could that be like a poem, story, etc?

Hello everyone!

As long as you're old enough to be on AVEN (which is the age of 13) You're allowed to participate however you'd like!

As for submission, anything is allowed!

The reason for this announcement is not to get you all excited (well, that too) but we’re currently looking for volunteers willing to create content, help edit, be interviewed, and be all together fantastic people. This will be an ongoing event and if we have enough people we might be able to make it so that it’s a monthly newsletter instead. So if you’re wanting to help the community in some way, but don’t want to be part of the Admod team (or unable to be), come join this project!

I am an asxual artist, would I be able to create some asexual themed artwork to contribute to the magazine? You can find my website here: http://lindakburgess.weebly.com/