Older Ace virgins over 40

newgirl

5 hours ago, Sleighcaptain said:

@newgirl, of those, I think only a couple are still around. Woodworker1968 posts in PPS quite a bit 

I've been getting  Aven nostalgic  lately and  I've been thinking about past and present members. I forgot, I join this group in 2005. I wish , I would have establish better friendship with people in this group during my 15 years.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, newgirl said:

I've been getting  Aven nostalgic  lately and  I've been thinking about past and present members. I forgot, I join this group in 2005. I wish , I would have establish better friendship with people in this group during my 15 years.

I can't imagine my post count if I had joined back then LOL

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Where are they now!!!??? How are U?

... @JaySexual ...

@newgirl:

I haven't posted in quite awhile, but do still try to visit the site on occasion.
  • Like 1

I am an old virgin at 48.   I am not into one night stands or casual relationships.  I am not one of those people who needs to be in a relationship.   I have a belief that sometimes it is better to alone than in a toxic relationship.  I have looked high and low for someone that I can connect with emotionally and intellectually.  I have not found the person yet.   

• Like 7
1 hour ago, TerriMI said:

I am an old virgin at 48.   I am not into one night stands or casual relationships.  I am not one of those people who needs to be in a relationship.   I have a belief that sometimes it is better to alone than in a toxic relationship.

Absolutely! For some of us, being in a "relationship" isn't really an option at all. I do prefer to say "single", rather than "alone", because I have other social connections. No relationship is definitely better than the wrong relationship!

• Like 7

Welcome to  the  thread @TerriMI

Right now, I just want to  be around a man and friends who are emotional available. At 50 years old, I've only been around men and people who are emotional UNavailable. This is why I have no friends or  have no boyfriend/husband

• Like 2
On 12/26/2020 at 3:25 PM, TerriMI said:

I am an old virgin at 48.   I am not into one night stands or casual relationships.  I am not one of those people who needs to be in a relationship.   I have a belief that sometimes it is better to alone than in a toxic relationship.  I have looked high and low for someone that I can connect with emotionally and intellectually.  I have not found the person yet.   

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

You're not alone by any means. I was 44 when I found out about asexuality (turned 59 in October) 

And I'm still a virgin!

• Like 1
On 12/28/2020 at 8:40 PM, newgirl said:

Welcome to  the  thread @TerriMI

Right now, I just want to  be around a man and friends who are emotional available. At 50 years old, I've only been around men and people who are emotional UNavailable. This is why I have no friends or  have no boyfriend/husband

Thanks!  I totally understand where you are coming from.   I am in the same situation, I don't have a partner. I do have one friend I had since childhood but she lives on the other side of the country.   I'm having difficulty finding that one person that I can develop a deep emotional bond with however I kept on searching.  

• Like 1
On 12/28/2020 at 9:37 PM, will123 said:

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

You're not alone by any means. I was 44 when I found out about asexuality (turned 59 in October) 

And I'm still a virgin!

Thanks!  I'm glad I know I am not alone. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow - I haven't been on here a LONG time!!!! I have to remember to visit here more often. 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, StasiaOB said:

Wow - I haven't been on here a LONG time!!!! I have to remember to visit here more often. 

Please do! There are  allot of   Aven members who haven't posted on the site in over 5 or more years

• Like 2

I’m an old virgin at 48, 49 in March. I‘ve had opportunities, but I wasn’t “ready” I thought, when I was younger and I when I got older I felt like it was a fetish for those who were interested... and I just wasn’t interested back. I never say never, but I would have to feel very safe and very emotionally attached and in love for it to happen. I honestly don’t really worry about it.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, dogwithbooks said:

I’m an old virgin at 48, 49 in March. I‘ve had opportunities, but I wasn’t “ready” I thought, when I was younger and I when I got older I felt like it was a fetish for those who were interested... and I just wasn’t interested back. I never say never, but I would have to feel very safe and very emotionally attached and in love for it to happen. I honestly don’t really worry about it.

I was 44 when I found out about asexuality. Losing my virginity (no longer worrying about it to be precise) was one of my first thoughts that day when I identified as asexual. I know others like you have said never say never, but the way I feel, I'm not looking (I'm aro as well) for a partner long or 'short' term that would result in sexual activity. Plus what allo would be interested in having sex with a 50+ male virgin?

19 hours ago, dogwithbooks said:

Welcome to the group. My birthday is in March too, I turn 51.

On 12/26/2020 at 8:25 PM, TerriMI said:

Hi,

Virginity does not define you, all that really matters is that you're happy. There are fewer and fewer people out there looking for an emotional & intellectual connection - that's unfortunately a sad truth. I'm like you, I'd rather be single than in bad relationship.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

A 12hr shift :D 

• Like 2

I'm new to AVEN but I'm 46 year old virgin.  I've sometimes thought maybe I should try it once to see if the lack of interest was just me being Ace or if sex was just as mind blowingly awesome as all my friends make it out to be.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, stuttrboy said:

I'm new to AVEN but I'm 46 year old virgin.  I've sometimes thought maybe I should try it once to see if the lack of interest was just me being Ace or if sex was just as mind blowingly awesome as all my friends make it out to be.

Welcome to AVEN. I found out about asexuality when I was 44. Up to that point I had really become concerned about losing mine. However it was more thinking than doing. Once I identified as asexual, it became a non-issue. I was quite happy to know why I wasn't interested in sex or the fact that I was still a virgin wasn't a big deal after all.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 6:51 PM, stuttrboy said:

Sex can be rather good, as I've said elsewhere that was a long time ago though! It all depends on who you are doing it with. Even when I felt some urge to have sex, when I was very young, like 20, it had to be with someone I had a strong bond with and trusted fully. 

Sex, or attempts at sex can also be a soul destroying experience with the wrong person and in my case there seem to be a lot of wrong people! 

Edited by Sheddy
  • Like 2
On 2/8/2021 at 8:12 PM, Homer said:

A 12hr shift :D 

Hummm, been there, I have been a workaholic in the past in order to cover up my lack of romantic opportunities. Having said that I do generally enjoy my work though. 

I could be wrong but .....

We never hear from gay or lesbian asexual older virgin. Do older virgin asexual get  tease  for being older virgin too?

3 hours ago, newgirl said:

We never hear from gay or lesbian asexual older virgin. Do older virgin asexual get  tease  for being older virgin too?

I has been my experience that after your 30s, people don't bring it up...

3 hours ago, newgirl said:

If it helps, I remember reading a few gay/homoromantic aces mention they were virgins (in the following thread links), and that, sometimes, other potential dating partners were surprised that they were virgins.

Homoromantic / Asexy lesbian time! - Romantic and Aromantic Orientations - Asexual Visibility and Education Network (asexuality.org)

Homoromantic guys chat - Romantic and Aromantic Orientations - Asexual Visibility and Education Network (asexuality.org)

Hey!

Did anyone know about  Aven  members Caryne speed dating event

"I run a zoom speed dating event with 2 friends, I would run a Ace event if we had at least 12 people."

Http://www.zoomdating.ca

• Like 1
On 2/28/2021 at 8:35 PM, newgirl said:

Any  new members bore before 1973? let me know.

I am.  I was born in 1972.