Older Ace virgins over 40

newgirl

On 05/09/2015 at 9:58 PM, Glyn said:

At 39, I'm NEARLY old enough to be on that list! :D

I'm now 40 and still a virgin.  Can I have my entry on the list please sir? :D

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Glyn said:

I'm now 40 and still a virgin.  Can I have my entry on the list please sir? :D

Definitely! I hereby grant you entry to the list of those who in 40 years took no time to do what seems to be rather important to some people.... :)

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
SorryNotSorry
On December 4, 2015 at 8:57 PM, newgirl said:

I would like to see a documentary on adult virgins over 40,who do not want sex ,happy and in or not in relationship.

Let's film it!

• Like 1

There was a documentary shown over here in the UK that showed two adult virgins who were both close to 40.  The difference between many of us here and the two in the documentary was that those in the documentary actually wanted to lose thier virginity (I for one am quite happy with being a virgin at my age).

What was interesting though was that the guy in the documentary (the other was a woman) said that many people thought he was gay when they found out he was still a virgin at his age.

...which sounds spookily familiar to many here on AVEN I imagine.  I've lost count the amount of times someone has assumed I'm gay because I am still a virgin at 40 and have no particular interest in losing my virginity.

• Like 2

Born in 1961 and still haven't 'done the deed'.

I was born in 76 and I agree we had the best cartoons! Trying to remember all their names. There was Voltron, transformers, Astro boy, inspector gadget, Roger ramjet, he man, danger mouse, mask just name a few. Good memories. 😃

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
BobRossRules
10 hours ago, newgirl said:

New members roll

Anybody  born after 1970?

I'm just a year shy.  Well  technically I'm only 2.5 months shy of 1970.    

On 7/13/2017 at 9:46 AM, newgirl said:

New members roll

Anybody  born after 1970?

Yes! I was born in 1975.

What about a compilation video? You don't even have to go on camera just a 30 second video stating your age and that you're an asexual virgin? It would raise a lot of awareness for the community. :cake::cake: (you can see I am literally and figuratively a big fan of cake!!) 

• Like 1

Because I love my privacy, I hate being in front of the camera and don't do  online video.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 5:10 PM, Glyn said:

There was a documentary shown over here in the UK that showed two adult virgins who were both close to 40.  The difference between many of us here and the two in the documentary was that those in the documentary actually wanted to lose thier virginity (I for one am quite happy with being a virgin at my age).

What was interesting though was that the guy in the documentary (the other was a woman) said that many people thought he was gay when they found out he was still a virgin at his age.

...which sounds spookily familiar to many here on AVEN I imagine.  I've lost count the amount of times someone has assumed I'm gay because I am still a virgin at 40 and have no particular interest in losing my virginity.

I'm 40+ and still a virgin, and fully expect to remain so.

But I know exactly what you mean about people assuming you're gay. I get that a lot - and very few ever actually ask. I don't feel like I can go round telling people I'n not gay when they haven't asked - it would just sound like I was protesting too much. And I don't have any boyfriends to talk about so it's kind of difficult to correct the impression. Its not that I'm secretive about my partners - I just really don't have any! And that seems to be something that either doesn't occur to people or that they find really difficult to believe.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Bagshaw said:

I'm 40+ and still a virgin, and fully expect to remain so.

But I know exactly what you mean about people assuming you're gay. I get that a lot - and very few ever actually ask. I don't feel like I can go round telling people I'n not gay when they haven't asked - it would just sound like I was protesting too much. And I don't have any boyfriends to talk about so it's kind of difficult to correct the impression. Its not that I'm secretive about my partners - I just really don't have any! And that seems to be something that either doesn't occur to people or that they find really difficult to believe.

I still remember when I started my last job.  I had one guy automatically assume that I was gay even before I walked in the door for the interview (literally).  He had spread it around that I was gay, and it wasn't until about a month or two after I had started the job that I found out that he'd been talking about me (I had two other co-workers ask me if I was gay independantly of each other, both saying that this particular chef was the one who had spread it around).

How did this chef come to the conclusion I was gay?  Apparently, he had seen me and an old friend of mine "holding hands" when we saw each other.  Kind of wierd, considering that the only time me and my friend "held hands" was when I saw him outside before I arrived for the interview - I hadn't seen him for years and, of course the first thing you do is shake hands and caught up with old times.

By that definition, most straight men are secretly gay, especially considering the fact that many straight men have also shaken hands - including the chef who started the rumour!

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...
On 12/4/2015 at 9:57 PM, newgirl said:

I would like to see a documentary on adult virgins over 40,who do not want sex ,happy and in or not in relationship.

Same here. I'm guessing that a lot of people would not want to "come out" and declare their status in an identifiable way, so a documentary like this would be difficult to produce.

Virgin at 54,  (the next part of the sentence may be TMI, but is included for clarification purposes) as in never been penetrated. I'm fine with it, live a contented life with work, interests, committee involvements and long standing, close friendships. None of my friends are aware of my "V" status, because in my circles we just don't get into that kind of detailed intimate convo. Gave up dating 17 yrs ago - easier than postponing the inevitable question of "third base", with the guy end up feeling duped.

I have a good sense of style (today a young college woman complimented me on my bright navy boots), and pretty good social skills. As I recall,  only two women I've met in my adult life have even circumspectly tried to figure out if I was straight. Maybe it's because I just happen to fall in line (stylistically and personality- wise) within the conventionally feminine range of self-expression. Of course, conventionally feminine self-expression isn't a necessary indicator of straightness, but both these women were "old school" and religious, so I'm pretty sure they thought along those lines.

I guess I  come across as just another busy professional woman - except that I  haven't had this experience that is supposed to complete (?) a person and serve as one of the markers of transition towards adulthood. I  don't think about this unusual aspect of my persona unless prompted by a question like this. I just go about my life thinking of other stuff.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On 2017-07-20 at 6:16 PM, OldNews said:

Yes! I was born in 1975.

That makes me feel really old as that was the fall I started high school.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, will123 said:

That was a year after I graduated high school. :lol::P 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, will123 said:

Sorry -- I was not intending to make anyone feel old.... 8)

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

I was born in 1971 and have never had consensual sex, does that count?

19 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

67 and still a virgin.  (do I win anything???)

LOL!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

37 and I haven’t been with anyone sexually in 15 years. I feel like I’m a Virgin all over again. I will never have sexual experience again in my life. I just want a forever companion who is also asexual like me. 

• Like 1