.Lia

Ask Admods a question (that might not deserve its own thread)

Brygid
4 minutes ago, daveb said:

That's a known issue. See:

Apparently the "solution" is to try again another time of day. 

The problem is I tried yesterday two times, at a different times of day as well. I'll go check the thread though. Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

Una Salus Victus
3 hours ago, Brygid said:

I can't seem to upload an avatar image, no matter what form I use, uploaded or linked. I get an error message to contact the moderators.

This has been a recurring problem for a few people lately. The tech team have been notified, but in the mean time I can only suggest trying at different times of the day.

• Like 1

Custard Cream

Is there a list somewhere of the moderators for specific forums? I would like to be able to address any concerns to the right person!

Chocolatastic AroAce

Do you guys have a secret stash of cake?

• Like 2

Janus DarkFox
2 minutes ago, Chocolatastic AroAce said:

Do you guys have a secret stash of cake?

Yes, it’s under a lock n key, the secret ingredients even more so 😛:cake: 

• Like 2

Chocolatastic AroAce

Sometimes if the op is asking series of questions instead of quoting i'll copy so I can answer each question with out re typing. Why is it some times if you copy paste something..correct it and then try to post, it reverts back to what it was before the edit?

daveb
3 hours ago, Custard Cream said:

Thanks - exactly what I wanted!

It's also one of the links in the gray bar at the top of most pages on AVEN, the one that says "Terms of Service and Important Links", in case you ever want to find it quickly. :) 

1 hour ago, Chocolatastic AroAce said:

Sometimes if the op is asking series of questions instead of quoting i'll copy so I can answer each question with out re typing. Why is it some times if you copy paste something..correct it and then try to post, it reverts back to what it was before the edit?

Sorry, I can't say I've ever run into that. I know it usually saves my unposted posts, even if I go to other threads and then come back and go to create a reply. Maybe that function is kicking in for some reason in the cases you are talking about.

• Like 1

Janus DarkFox

On most browser platforms, highlighting what you want to answer, comes up with a small box called ‘quote selection’ there it will quote just that.  This could be done many times for which a number of quote boxes shows up in the reply box at the bottom.  Can be a useful workaround other than direct copy/pasting.