.Lia

Ask Admods a question (that might not deserve its own thread)

OptimisticPessimist

@CBC Where's that appearing at?

CBC
3 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@CBC Where's that appearing at?

Oops sorry. Changing my avie.

Goonie
20 minutes ago, CBC said:

What's the deal with this?

Hide contents

81-A982-A1-A8-AD-4-E3-B-A8-E5-E35-FF1-CC

OMG. Thank you! There's timestamps and everything. I love you! Also I'm passing this onto the tech team.

• Like 3

CBC

@Goonie Haha I love the enthusiasm. :D You're welcome!

• Like 3

Phoenix the II
25 minutes ago, CBC said:

What's the deal with this?

Insert more coin :P (joke)

• Like 4

Homer
6 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

Insert more coin :P (joke)

ROFL :lol:

• Like 1

Skycaptain

@CBC, on a more serious note, we've been experiencing an intermittent fault, exactly as you've shown, and getting to the cause is proving rather elusive.

Some people have found that trying to change an avie at a different time of day works 

• Like 2

CBC
2 minutes ago, Sleighcaptain said:

@CBC, on a more serious note, we've been experiencing an intermittent fault, exactly as you've shown, and getting to the cause is proving rather elusive.

Some people have found that trying to change an avie at a different time of day works 

Oh interesting. Thanks. I'll keep giving it a go. I've already tried in a different browser and on a different device, to no avail.

• Like 1

CBC

@Sleighcaptain Ok well... whaddya know, it worked.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 3

Whore*of*Mensa

I have noticed that when I look at my notifications some of them are not in bold even if I haven't looked at them, does this ever just happen or does it mean someone else is logged into my account?

Also, I don't know if you can answer this one, but my neighbours asked for my wifi password quite a while back because their router was broken (just til they got sorted) - and since then it has been slow and glitchy. I think they might still be connecting to my wifi. 

So, does this mean they can log into my computer and read my stuff or am I being paranoid?

Una Salus Victus
10 minutes ago, More*of*Wenceslas said:

I have noticed that when I look at my notifications some of them are not in bold even if I haven't looked at them, does this ever just happen or does it mean someone else is logged into my account?

Also, I don't know if you can answer this one, but my neighbours asked for my wifi password quite a while back because their router was broken (just til they got sorted) - and since then it has been slow and glitchy. I think they might still be connecting to my wifi. 

So, does this mean they can log into my computer and read my stuff or am I being paranoid?

As soon as you look at your notifications tab they all unbold. I'm also pretty sure that it'd be rather difficult to go through your computer just from connecting to the wifi.

Whore*of*Mensa
17 minutes ago, Una Salus Victus said:

As soon as you look at your notifications tab they all unbold. I'm also pretty sure that it'd be rather difficult to go through your computer just from connecting to the wifi.

Ah OK, that's good to know! Thanks :) 

Skycaptain

If you've been quoted or tagged the notification is bold. If someone has liked your post it isn't 

• Like 1

Whore*of*Mensa
2 hours ago, Sleighcaptain said:

If you've been quoted or tagged the notification is bold. If someone has liked your post it isn't 

I'm sure it's a bit random sometimes on mine. I'm going to pay more attention and see if it is just the likes that aren't bold!

Goonie
17 hours ago, More*of*Wenceslas said:

I'd change your wifi password if you haven't already

• Like 4

Sarah-Sylvia

How can I change my avatar? No matter what I do it either gives me error '7' if I try to upload it, or says the file isn't allowed if I try from URL.

• Like 1

Skycaptain

@Sarah-Sylvia, it's a fault which we're struggling to solve. Sometimes trying at a different time of day works

• Like 2

DuskFire

Hi I've got a question and I think this is the thread for it.

I have my settings so that when I get a PM on AVEN I will get an email to let me know when I'm off the site.

But for absolutely no reason the emails I get when somebody PMs me are going to my promotion folder in my email and due to that that are no longer notifying me since I don't get notifications for promotions.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I use Gmail and I've tried changing my settings on both Gmail and AVEN but nothing is working.

Thx

-DuskFire

daveb

Anyone else who can't get the Unread Content list to show Condensed listing rather than Expanded? Any solution?

firewallflower

@DuskFire: This definitely sounds like something that would need to be changed in your Gmail rather than through AVEN, as the algorithm that determines what folders emails are filtered into is on the email's end. I haven't had this problem with AVEN, so can't test it out myself, but you should be able to change the delivery settings through Gmail. Do the instructions at this link help? https://medium.com/@social_30314/how-to-move-gmail-emails-from-promotions-to-primary-ed38b69ac625

DuskFire
24 minutes ago, firewallflower said:

@DuskFire: This definitely sounds like something that would need to be changed in your Gmail rather than through AVEN, as the algorithm that determines what folders emails are filtered into is on the email's end. I haven't had this problem with AVEN, so can't test it out myself, but you should be able to change the delivery settings through Gmail. Do the instructions at this link help? https://medium.com/@social_30314/how-to-move-gmail-emails-from-promotions-to-primary-ed38b69ac625

Thank you I'll try that and let you know

• Like 2

LeChat
1 hour ago, daveb said:

Anyone else who can't get the Unread Content list to show Condensed listing rather than Expanded? Any solution?

If it helps, when I tried clicking on both, just now, the post previews didn't look different, for me; they seemed exactly the same, despite clicking on both (all of the posts only showed either one or two lines of text). However, I don't normally use that feature, so I don't know what differences there are supposed to be between them.

• Like 1

daveb
11 hours ago, LeChat said:

If it helps, when I tried clicking on both, just now, the post previews didn't look different, for me; they seemed exactly the same, despite clicking on both (all of the posts only showed either one or two lines of text). However, I don't normally use that feature, so I don't know what differences there are supposed to be between them.

Thanks! I think that confirms it. The condensed view used to just show the thread titles, so it took up less space and I could see more threads at once.

Guest iwanttolearn

Hello, can someone delete my account or have me banned permanently? Thank You.

daveb
33 minutes ago, iwanttolearn said:

Hello, can someone delete my account or have me banned permanently? Thank You.

An admin will have to do it. I notified them of your post. You should get a PM in the next day or so.

communityabed

Hello, for whatever reason, I created a new account. Would it be possible for someone to delete my old account community6seasons?

Homer
4 hours ago, communityabed said:

Hello, for whatever reason, I created a new account. Would it be possible for someone to delete my old account community6seasons?

Request was forwarded to the admins :)

• Like 1

communityabed
5 hours ago, Homer said:

Request was forwarded to the admins :)

Thank you. Much obliged :).

Brygid

I can't seem to upload an avatar image, no matter what form I use, uploaded or linked. I get an error message to contact the moderators.

daveb
34 minutes ago, Brygid said:

I can't seem to upload an avatar image, no matter what form I use, uploaded or linked. I get an error message to contact the moderators.

That's a known issue. See:

Apparently the "solution" is to try again another time of day.