.Lia

Ask Admods a question (that might not deserve its own thread)

Janus DarkFox
21 hours ago, daveb said:

I don't think other people can, not even mods (not sure if admins can).

On another forum running the same software, admins see all even devices used, it’s often part of the metadata set aside along with other info like the IP data, dependent on how it’s set-up webmaster side.  How it’s set-up here can be different.

KeKatCookie

Can someone please delete my account & change posts to anon / guest? 

Thanks 

Homer
2 minutes ago, KeKatCookie said:

Can someone please delete my account & change posts to anon / guest? 

Thanks 

I'll forward your request to the admins. As you have more than 25 posts, you'd have to change the posts yourself.

KeKatCookie
Just now, Homer said:

I'll forward your request to the admins. As you have more than 25 posts, you'd have to change the posts yourself.

Thanks. How do I change my posts then? 

Homer
1 minute ago, KeKatCookie said:

Thanks. How do I change my posts then? 

You can edit them to whatever you want. Most people just go with a single "." or something.

• Like 1

Back to Avalon
14 hours ago, Homer said:

You can edit them to whatever you want. Most people just go with a single "." or something.

But you can just leave your posts as they are, no?

• Like 1

Homer
12 minutes ago, Back to Avalon said:

But you can just leave your posts as they are, no?

Yes, of course that's an option, too.

I was under the impression that the member wanted their posts to be gone, too. We only do that for people with up to 25 posts. If you do have more than that, you'd have to take care of that yourself, if you wish to leave them empty.

Kimchi Peanut

It looks like a declassed thread’s permissions are funky.

• Like 1

Janus DarkFox
3 hours ago, Kimchi Peanut said:

It looks like a declassed thread’s permissions are funky.

I’ll have to message the Admin ASAP about that

• Like 1

FaerieFate
18 minutes ago, Janus DarkFox said:

I’ll have to message the Admin ASAP about that

Sorry, I couldn't see how the permissions are off?

firewallflower
18 minutes ago, FaerieFate said:

I don't know how the back-end settings are set up, but I (and all non-staff folk, I assume?) get an error message:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H

Janus DarkFox
30 minutes ago, FaerieFate said:

I wonders as a regular member could see that, it was logged as moved but its somehow back in Declass Forum, ill move it again, see what happens. :)

• Like 2

Janus DarkFox

Hopefully i just forgot to move it before logging it, should be fixed now. 😛

• Like 1

LeChat
5 minutes ago, Janus DarkFox said:

I wonders as a regular member could see that, it was logged as moved but its somehow back in Declass Forum, ill move it again, see what happens. :)

If it helps, I can finally see it in @Kimchi Peanut's link. Before, I couldn't see anything (it used to say that I didn't have permission, despite being logged in).

• Like 1

Janus DarkFox
2 minutes ago, LeChat said:

If it helps, I can finally see it in @Kimchi Peanut's link. Before, I couldn't see anything (it used to say that I didn't have permission, despite being logged in).

I've moved it back to Admod Archive, should be working now. :)

• Like 1

CBC

So here's a really random and really unimportant question. How come sometimes (usually) when I view the "Online Users" list it shows just all the members who are active (and not on private, obvs) and other times it shows a massive amount of "Guests" as well? It's definitely not something that can be accounted for by way of there sometimes being more guests than others, because it doesn't usually show guests at all (for me, anyway) and what are the chances that 95% of the time there are no guests, except for the other 5% when there are like 30 guests? No worries if no one knows, obvs it's not remotely important haha. I just enjoy having my curiosity sated.

Edit: It just showed a shitload of them like two mins ago and I just refreshed it now and it's all just members. 🤨

LeChat

@CBC I usually see a mixed number of members and guests. Sometimes, like you mentioned, there seem to be more guests or members at certain times.

If you only want to see how many members are on, there is a "filter by" sign on the right of the "Online Users" page, where you can click on "members" to only see results for how many members are on the site.

• Like 2

CBC

@LeChat Oh that's good to know. I literally never change it haha, but maybe it randomly reverts to "All" sometimes on its own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LeChat

@CBC You're welcome.

Yes. It automatically shows all when anyone first clicks on "online users"--members, guests, mods, etc.--everyone who is currently online. So, if anyone wants to only see certain groups of people (i.e. only members; only guests; only mods, etc.), they'd have to use the "filter by" method.

Janus DarkFox

Almost all forums have more guests than signed up members, there’s are AVENs lurkers that may or may not sign up later, it’s amassing that’s all these are looking at something completely different and not focused in one particular area.  Our guests should not be forgotten about at any point :) 

What’s missing from lists since the last forum software is to be able to see all member accounts ever made, offline and on except guests, unless I’m missing something.

LeChat
5 hours ago, Janus DarkFox said:

Almost all forums have more guests than signed up members, there’s are AVENs lurkers that may or may not sign up later, it’s amassing that’s all these are looking at something completely different and not focused in one particular area.  Our guests should not be forgotten about at any point :)

I'm unsure whether or not this was directed at anyone, specifically, but I just thought I'd clarify that I wasn't saying that "guests should be forgotten;" I was only trying to help explain to @CBC how the filter feature works, in case she wanted to find her friends/other members more easily (I've come across several members who aren't aware of how AVEN's search boxes work, in order to help them find the information/topics they're looking for), because it sounded as though she didn't want to have to wade through pages and pages of "guests" in order to find the information she was looking for.

It doesn't make sense to force anyone to have to spend time, wading through pages and pages of "guests" on the online list, if that's not what they're looking for. Doing that/suffering through that doesn't help guests at all, anyway. It doesn't hurt them or affect them at all; they don't know or aren't aware if anyone only wants to use the search engine to find other members.

The filters are there for a reason: to help others find information more easily. Using them doesn't mean a person is personally against others. It's nothing negative or personal against guests. @CBC does participate and help new members in threads, when they ask questions. I thought she just simply wanted an easier way of finding her friends, online.

• Like 1

CBC

How do I turn my messenger back on? I turned it off because I can't handle messages right now, but I did that from within the messenger. Now I can't access the messenger (obviously), so how does one turn it on again? I need to ask an admin a question that I can't post publicly. I did it once before but I had some sort of link or something that I'd saved, now I don't have that.

OptimisticPessimist

@CBC There should be an option in your profile settings. If need be, an admin can turn them on. 

CBC
3 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@CBC There should be an option in your profile settings. If need be, an admin can turn them on. 

Hrmm. I looked already, but maybe not well enough... any idea where exactly I'd find it?

CBC

Oh I found a way, lol. Went to the online users list and found someone who it said was "using personal messenger", which was displayed as a link, and I clicked it and it offered me the option of turning it back on. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 3

Pan Ficto.
2 hours ago, CBC said:

Went to the online users list and found someone who it said was "using personal messenger"

Ehehe I like that feature :P Spy-mode activated!!! :ph34r:

• Like 2

Phoenix the II
15 hours ago, CBC said:

Oh I found a way, lol. Went to the online users list and found someone who it said was "using personal messenger", which was displayed as a link, and I clicked it and it offered me the option of turning it back on. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I laughed... :D 

PoeciMeta

What happens to threads that seem to have been deleted? Is there an archive of them, or is it considered better not to keep any trace of them? 

iff
7 hours ago, NoelciMeta said:

What happens to threads that seem to have been deleted? Is there an archive of them, or is it considered better not to keep any trace of them? 

It isn't that they get fully deleted, they actually are hidden from public view. 

• Like 1

CBC

What's the deal with this?

81-A982-A1-A8-AD-4-E3-B-A8-E5-E35-FF1-CC

• Like 1