.Lia

Ask Admods a question (that might not deserve its own thread)

D-Ace

Removed PM with links and message from spammer.

D-Ace

You can delete that post after if you are worried about people clicking on the links and downloading trouble.. Didn't know how to screenshot

.Lia

It might be that the spam PM was sent to you but the Admins got to it and deleted it before you logged on. I can as an Admin to check the username for you.

D-Ace

Well the username as taarh2 And they have already been banned so that was prob. The case. I will just edit and remove that post with their msg and the links just in case others are tempted to click. Thanks for the speedy replies!

• Like 1

Pumpkin Spice Eggnog Latte

Well the username as taarh2 And they have already been banned so that was prob. The case. I will just edit and remove that post with their msg and the links just in case others are tempted to click. Thanks for the speedy replies!

I deleted all of her spam messages.

They were delicious

• Like 3

tase

I've got two

1) looked, but could not find instructions on how to do a spoiler

2)Do you know if I can get a full keyboard function on my mobile device (iPad) so I can use emojis, bold, underline...

Thnx

SkyWorld

I've got two

1) looked, but could not find instructions on how to do a spoiler

2)Do you know if I can get a full keyboard function on my mobile device (iPad) so I can use emojis, bold, underline...

Thnx

Not sure about the second question, but the first one I can help you out. :)

There are 3 ways to make a spoiler. The quickest one is to just use ["spoiler"] (insert text) ["/spoiler"] <- without the quotes. The second way is to type what you want, highlight it all, go to BBCode, if you have the toolbar open when you reply, it would be the third button in the upper left. Drop options and select spoiler. Last, go straight to the BBCode button, drop to spoiler, and then type what you want in a spoiler. :)

• Like 1

Steph Ace

Thnx

If you are using an IPAD, I assume you're using AVEN by the Mobile Theme. Unfortunately that theme isn't equip with the full text editor. If you want to use the full text editor you need to press "Full Version" at the bottom, and use AVEN normally.

• Like 1

tase

Thnx

If you are using an IPAD, I assume you're using AVEN by the Mobile Theme. Unfortunately that theme isn't equip with the full text editor. If you want to use the full text editor you need to press "Full Version" at the bottom, and use AVEN normally.

The iPad uses full version only, I do have that issue on iPhone however. I guess the only way to get the full functioning keyboard is to use laptop or PC

.Lia

For this thread: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/124945-admod-shuffling/#entry1061410142could it be possible to say who they took over for? I.e poster mod x shuffled to Open Mic, took (example) Ithaca resigned.

Not really. Sometimes, mods step down for a personal reason and they don't want to say why on the open boards, or they're removed from office. It's better to keep things consistent.

ThaHoward

Not like that. To see which mod is no longer modding that forum. "Lia took over forum x, Coisine the Cat is no longer moderating forum x". It doesn't need to say specifically why someone chose to take over the new forum or step away from that forum :P

D-Ace

Lia better stock up on cake and smiles for that welcome lounge :p a room full of avenites low on cake can quickly turn into a game of hungry hungry hippos! (Childs game.. Not suggesting we are actual hippos)

• Like 1

.Lia

Howard: Doing so will only cause members to go on fishing expeditions to find out WHY So-and-So isn't modding X forum any longer.

D-Ace: I'm not modding Welcome :P I'm modding Cels and T&S and Site Comments :)

ThaHoward

Why would it do it? If they really wanted to go out fishing as you put it, won't they do it in teh first place when they see it is a shuffle in place or a member is no longer a moderator/admin or just check o ut all teh former admods thread? Simply saying who they took over for, will make it easier for the userbase.

On the contrary, I think it will give more answrs than creating new questions.If members are nothing but some who go out on fishing expeditions to get you, then that specific thread will cause us to go on "fishing expeditions" to find out why x mod took over forum A, and why they left forum B and who admod y was. If it is written down who was the previous moderator of that forum, you'll at least prevent that sort of fishing expedition :)

.Lia

Bringing something into the spotlight that the other mod doesn't want in the spotlight isn't nice or helpful to anyone. For the sake of consistency, the thread will state who shuffled, and into which forum(s) from which forum(s).

• Like 1

CosineTheCat

If you're wondering why I stepped down from wl, it's because I started reviving AVENues, and I don't know how much time take to keep everything going. Also, I've just started school and the couple hours a day to check wl is a lot away from studying.

D-Ace

Good luck this semester Cosine!

ThaHoward

If you're wondering why I stepped down from wl, it's because I started reviving AVENues, and I don't know how much time take to keep everything going. Also, I've just started school and the couple hours a day to check wl is a lot away from studying.

No, I just asked if it was possible to show who stepped away from the given forum in that shuffle thread. Not why.

ThaHoward

Is it a way to see the most viewed and most replled content for all pf AVEN and not the specific forums?

Plectrophenax

I couldn't help noticing that the bottom of the overview page, where each day's birthdays are mentioned, failed to make note of yours truly today [22nd of Spetember]. Why is that? Did I neglect to add some information somewhere? Is it because it doesn't list my own name? It seems like a rather strange omission, and having to assume the birthday list to be potentially incomplete at other times too is a bit of a shame.

Any ideas? ^_^

deltaX

I couldn't help noticing that the bottom of the overview page, where each day's birthdays are mentioned, failed to make note of yours truly today [22nd of Spetember]. Why is that? Did I neglect to add some information somewhere? Is it because it doesn't list my own name? It seems like a rather strange omission, and having to assume the birthday list to be potentially incomplete at other times too is a bit of a shame.

Any ideas? ^_^

I don't think the full birthday list shows at the bottom of the main page anymore. Instead, it shows about 6 of the birthdays, and then you can see the rest by going to the community calendar. I don't know what the technical reason for this is, but it's been like that for a while.

Anyway, Happy Birthday!! :cake: :cake:

.Lia

With the last forum update, that feature glitched and now only shows 6 birthdays for every day. As Delta pointed out, you can go to the community calendar and see all of today's birthdays.

Plectrophenax

My, that was quick. Many thanks you two. I should have noticed that there were only ever six birthdays listed, but oh well.

At least this way I discovered the Calendar. I've never noticed it before.

And thanks, deltaX - :cake:

• Like 1

ThaHoward

Is it a way to see the most viewed and most replled content for all pf AVEN and not the specific forums?

.Lia

I missed this question before. I don't think that there is. There's the Most Liked content, and Todays/Overall Top Posters, but I don't see anything for most viewed/replied to content sitewide.

WünderBâhr

Since Declass Team is now an elected group, would it be easier to rewrite the AVEN Elections Forum description as "staff "elections, rather than specifying Admod/PT? Just a random tidbit that passed through my mind, and figured I'd put it here.

• Like 1

divided_sky

My notifications almost never load, so I can't see them. It just keeps trying to load for minutes on end. Sometimes it will come up after a bit, other times not. What giveth? This was intermittently a problem in the past, but lately, it's 90% of the time I try to look at them.

kelico

My notifications almost never load, so I can't see them. It just keeps trying to load for minutes on end. Sometimes it will come up after a bit, other times not. What giveth? This was intermittently a problem in the past, but lately, it's 90% of the time I try to look at them.

I think it's just AVEN being laggy and finicky because I've had the same problem for the past few weeks now, and other people mentioned it as well. : (

CosineTheCat

I think it's just AVEN being laggy and finicky because I've had the same problem for the past few weeks now, and other people mentioned it as well. : (

It's not just you guys, I also get issues like that, although I couldn't tell you how or why.

• Like 1