.Lia

Ask Admods a question (that might not deserve its own thread)

.Lia

Okay as an example. IF I post a thread like this:

"This is what the Pirate Party stands for.

Pirate Party is a label adopted by political parties in different countries. Pirate parties support civil rights, direct democracy and participation in government, reform of copyright and patent law, free sharing of knowledge (open content), information privacy,transparency, freedom of information, anti-corruption and network neutrality.

"

And then, if others make posts it is only followed up with unrelated articles or other quotes.

It don't really mean much, it can be viewed as semi-spamming. Wouldn't it be better to have a common thread for stuff like that instead? As it is often only folks who post it who aren't really interested in a debate, but only to show things or air their opinions.

Well, it does open itself up for debate. "Pirate Parties do not support civil rights because see here (LINK)." *debate ensues*

I think it just depends on where the members of AVEN take the thread. Pigeonholing similar threads might stifle debate rather than encourage it, I think.

ThaHoward

No, it is what I said in the "thread". Only a description of the pirate party, and nothing more than that.

.Lia

No, it is what I said in the "thread". Only a description of the pirate party, and nothing more than that.

Right but someone can not agree with what the party does or says, or what the OP links and therefore debate can begin.

D-Ace

Every day between 2:15 - 4:30a.m, sometimes spanning the whole time, other days only lasting for part of the time, when I try opening aven i get a message about an SQL server error. Any idea why this might be?

.Lia

I'm pretty sure Cole is aware of it. I don't personally know what it is and I don't know that any other Admod is tech savvy enough to know, either, I'm afraid :(

CosineTheCat

Every day between 2:15 - 4:30a.m, sometimes spanning the whole time, other days only lasting for part of the time, when I try opening aven i get a message about an SQL server error. Any idea why this might be?

Sadly yes, this happens. If you ever hear about the squirrels attacking, that is what we're referencing.

Skycaptain

Remembering back from days of yore, I believe it is when the cloud server is updating memory and operating protocols. It happens about 0600 -0800 BST

scarletlatitude

I think it has something to do with the time when the most people are on AVEN. At least that's when I get the SQL problems... but I might be wrong.

Grace Barton

Are there any issues with posting pictures/previewing posts, etc? I've tried to post pictures/videos into threads but when I try to preview or post it the box goes blank and I get a note that says I must enter a post before submitting... but I had done. I get this with some smileys, too. I was able to use the love heart smiley earlier but I can't use the cake one. I get a warning box that says: "TypeError: Object doesn't support property or method 'setPosition'". I haven't tried the others. :\

.Lia

Yeah the preview post function has been glitching lately, especially with polls. :( I'm pretty sure Cole's been emailed regarding it.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

What is your favorite cake?

Kisa needs a latte

Depends on the situation. White cake with raspberry filling is delicious ^__^

SkyWorld

Oreo cookie dirt cake! ^_^ To be honest, I don't really like icing that much. It tastes good and all, but most cakes just has too much of it. Dirt cake is almost like a pudding and I just love oreos. :D

rvrlQii.jpg?1

• Like 1

.Lia

White cake with homemade whipped cream frosting and sliced fresh strawberries :)

• Like 1

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

What is your favorite cookies? :3

SkyWorld

Oreos :ph34r:

Waist of Thyme

help i accidentally clicked one of the icons next to the welcome/intro forum and marked it as read how do i undo this/mark as unread?

.Lia

help i accidentally clicked one of the icons next to the welcome/intro forum and marked it as read how do i undo this/mark as unread?

You cannot :(

D-Ace

Squirrels in the attic! They ruin everything! Thanks for response though :)

cavyX

Chocolate is a clear winner.

I like double chocolate chip cookies too!

• Like 1

Kisa needs a latte

What is your favorite cookies? :3

Mint chocolate Milanos :wub:

Findus

Hey :)

Is there a way to put default settings for the apparence of your posts?

For example, so that whenever I post it's green without having to make it be that way, or something like that.

.Lia

For example, so that whenever I post it's green without having to make it be that way, or something like that.

No, however please do not use green/red/pink text as those are reserved for mods/admins/pt and we don't want to confuse the newbies :)

praetorius

however please do not use green/red/pink text as those are reserved for mods/admins/pt and we don't want to confuse the newbies :)

Can we still post in orange for exposing the dark secrets of the moderators' cabal? ;)

.Lia

however please do not use green/red/pink text as those are reserved for mods/admins/pt and we don't want to confuse the newbies :)

Can we still post in orange for exposing the dark secrets of the moderators' cabal? ;)

I doubt the DT will have reason to post official messages, personally. If that changes, we might ask that members refrain from using the color (beyond it being difficult to read xD).

I doubt the DT will have reason to post official messages, personally. If that changes, we might ask that members refrain from using the color (beyond it being difficult to read xD).

Speaking in the name of the "please don't give us eye cancer" brigade (well, we're more like a mob)... that's more than enough reason to ban it. ;)

Findus

No, however please do not use green/red/pink text as those are reserved for mods/admins/pt and we don't want to confuse the newbies :)

No, of course, I mostly just use dark green because Slytherin, or purple sometimes to greet newbies ^_^

D-Ace

When I logged into aven I immediately got a msg to email someone at something like Thalia###s@hotmail for something important but there was no reply option through aven and I was a bit wary of the msg as to why then wanted me to contact them off aven.. Esp. Since my real email includes my last name. When I go back to my message log there is no history of this message..? Is this some sort of spammer or creep that everyone is seeing pop up.. Or is there a valid explanation as to why I can't see the msg in my logs and couldn't reply?

D-Ace

On my real email notifications for aven I just saw that it was sent by taarh2 and when I looked them up they were banned.. So now I am imagining spammer. The timing just coincided oddly with a previous post about PM me if there are questions about the meetup this weekend.

.Lia

This is a pop up? If so, then it sounds like spyware? If you could get a screenshot for me, we might be able to help a little more?