.Lia

Ask Admods a question (that might not deserve its own thread)

FictoCannibal.
2 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

Actually I'm usually interested in people recent activities :P 

(Especially as a mod, it's helpful too) 

Oh so am I, but I explained my reasoning further to Philosopher just now. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go into that haha..but maybe the Sex Talk and Grey Area fetish stuff is automatically hidden from ones activity anyway? I was just thinking, like if a 13 year old or repulsed person clicks on my profile and the first thing they see is 'omnomnom penis!' (or something decidedly more graphic), lol shame (and could raise legality issues as an underage person technically shouldn't be seeing an adult talking about that stuff I don't think. Even though I don't feel like an adult but you know what I mean Y_Y) ...shame. :P

Phoenix the II
2 minutes ago, FictoCannibal. said:

Oh so am I, but I explained my reasoning further to Philosopher just now. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go into that haha..but maybe the Sex Talk and Grey Area fetish stuff is automatically hidden from ones activity anyway? I was just thinking, like if a 13 year old or repulsed person clicks on my profile and the first thing they see is 'omnomnom penis!' (or something decidedly more graphic), lol shame (and could raise legality issues as an underage person technically shouldn't be seeing an adult talking about that stuff I don't think. Even though I don't feel like an adult but you know what I mean Y_Y) ...shame. :P

I totally get it, :P *hugs* I'd be ashamed too... I'm still feeling like a kid inside too, you're not alone xD

But what are the chances so to say for real? 

• Like 1

daveb
2 hours ago, FictoCannibal. said:

My main question was if there was some way I could change the default tab that loads on my own profile (doesn't have to mean anyone else's), like if I could get rid of or change the Activity tab to be the one that isn't the first one a visitor sees.

I'm guessing it's not something members can control individually. But I could be wrong. Maybe someone who knows the technical side will chime in.

• Like 1

FictoCannibal.
On 11/9/2018 at 8:19 AM, Phoenix the II said:

But what are the chances so to say for real? 

Could you expand on what you mean here please? I don't quite understand sorry!!

FictoCannibal.

Omg is anyone having repeated post editing posts? It's been happening for like a week now on my comp and phone, when I edit a post and click 'save' it says 'this post can no longer be edited' and I have to refresh the page and re-do the edit. I thought it would sort itself out but it's still happening on almost every edit I make 😧

• Like 1

Phoenix the II
1 minute ago, FictoCannibal. said:

Could you expand on what you mean here please? I don't quite understand sorry!!

*boop* no sowwies :3

But... what are the chances of someone random, 13 years old coming onto aven, sees you. Goes to your profile... Then sees a message like that? xD...

• Like 1

daveb
11 minutes ago, FictoCannibal. said:

Omg is anyone having repeated post editing posts? It's been happening for like a week now on my comp and phone, when I edit a post and click 'save' it says 'this post can no longer be edited' and I have to refresh the page and re-do the edit. I thought it would sort itself out but it's still happening on almost every edit I make 😧

I know other people who have mentioned having that problem. I don't recall if there is a thread on it or if tech admins have anything on it.

• Like 1

FictoCannibal.
4 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

*boop* no sowwies :3

But... what are the chances of someone random, 13 years old coming onto aven, sees you. Goes to your profile... Then sees a message like that? xD...

Hmmm well I often have 10+ profile visits a day at the very minimum, and it can go up to 30 or more on days if I'm commenting regularly or making status updates (this is same for everyone I think, especially with the status updates because you have no choice but to be directed to their profile). I don't keep track for popularity or anything lol but I want to screensnap it on a 666 if I can manage it. I missed my opportunity last week so now I have to wait for the next round of 600s when it gets over 20,000. So annoyed I missed my 19,666 so close to Halloween Y_Y  Anyway I'm often making very inappropriate comments in Sex Talk forum especially, and if those comments are displayed at the top of my activity page (which is the thing people automatically see when they click my profile) then a random visitor may be exposed to a TMI eyefull unintentionally :o hence why I was wondering if there was a way to change it so the activity tab is the one they have to click on separately to see (as opposed to automatically getting an eyefull just from clicking my profile haha).

Phoenix the II
9 minutes ago, FictoCannibal. said:

Hmmm well I often have 10+ profile visits a day at the very minimum, and it can go up to 30 or more on days if I'm commenting regularly or making status updates (this is same for everyone I think, especially with the status updates because you have no choice but to be directed to their profile). I don't keep track for popularity or anything lol but I want to screensnap it on a 666 if I can manage it. I missed my opportunity last week so now I have to wait for the next round of 600s when it gets over 20,000. So annoyed I missed my 19,666 so close to Halloween Y_Y  Anyway I'm often making very inappropriate comments in Sex Talk forum especially, and if those comments are displayed at the top of my activity page (which is the thing people automatically see when they click my profile) then a random visitor may be exposed to a TMI eyefull unintentionally :o hence why I was wondering if there was a way to change it so the activity tab is the one they have to click on separately to see (as opposed to automatically getting an eyefull just from clicking my profile haha).

Status updates go straight to the profile activity screen too... So..

I get it, you feel bad about it, and care about them younglings... xD. But. Can we really really prevent it? I do get it that you want to make it better! :)

FictoCannibal.
16 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

Status updates go straight to the profile activity screen too... So..

I get it, you feel bad about it, and care about them younglings... xD. But. Can we really really prevent it? I do get it that you want to make it better! :)

We just had a thing with Sex Talk topics and a TMI thread that had been going for aaaages that had to be moved to Sex Talk specifically so the posts can be hidden (as hidden as possible) from random young people and others who may not wish to view such material on a site like AVEN. I then realized that all these posts that are meant to be hidden are going directly to my profile activity tab so they're hardly hidden from view if someone clicks my profile :P That's why I was asking if anyone knows if there's a way myself (or a mod) can change the profile view so it's the About Me section that shows automatically instead of Activity. That's how the old profiles used to work so I was wondering if the forum software is similar or whatever it may be something easy an admin can fix just by clicking a button? or there may even be something I myself can do that I'm just not aware of!! :) Thanks for your suggestions though!

Skycaptain

@FictoCannibal., unfortunately I don't think that's possible 

FictoCannibal.
2 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

@FictoCannibal., unfortunately I don't think that's possible 

I wonder if there's an option to disable the activity feed on my wall so people don't see any of my comments when they come to my profile? The same way people can disable the function for status updates and visibility of profile views etc? :)

Snao Cone
1 hour ago, FictoCannibal. said:

I wonder if there's an option to disable the activity feed on my wall so people don't see any of my comments when they come to my profile? The same way people can disable the function for status updates and visibility of profile views etc? :)

I was fiddling around with settings and couldn't find a way that exists currently.

• Like 1

FictoCannibal.
3 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

I was fiddling around with settings and couldn't find a way that exists currently.

It's weird how the activity tab loads as the default when you view someones profile. There is a button at the top you can see to click someone's activity so you shouldn't really need a double whammy. It's starting to seem like a really weird system to me the more I think about it, lol. 

Salmiakki

Does it count as another profile view if you view your own profile? 

iff
51 minutes ago, Salmiakki said:

Does it count as another profile view if you view your own profile? 

Yes it does 

To test this, I went to my own profile and refreshed a couple of times and the profile views went up each time.

• Like 1

Homer

^ can confirm. Used my profile to navigate the forums, back in the days of ye olde forum software.

• Like 1