Daily Affirmation

Aching

Hi aces and fellow sexual beings!

Today, I wanted to try something a little different. My communications with my SO involve far too many apologies. We are who we are and that is great. It's a challenge that I haven't figured out how we deal with, but we are both beautiful human beings. However, I get stressed out lately about how we get to calling ourselves a "successful" mixed couple.

Anyway, today I realized that it is important that we ALL feel good about who we are, so today I reaffirm who I am.

I will now proceed to talk about my sexuality, so if these things trouble you, I would advise not reading any further.

I am alive! I have/am(?) this body, and it is glorious. Until I breathe my last breath, I get to experience this world! I get to taste it, touch it, smell it, feel it, and see it! I get to play in this world with other human beings, and occasionally I get to share all of these things with another human being. I am a magnificent bag of meat and flesh and bone and electricity! I relish at the opportunity to touch another's face, to feel their breath, warm on my lips! To smell all there is to smell of another! To taste another's skin, another's lips on mine! And OH! how I delight in the chance to stand and look into another's eyes, gazing into one another's insecurities and vulnerabilities until seeing that nod, that invitation which only the eyes can give to come closer!

There is a light which burns deep within me! It aches to be shared with another, and it is beautiful.

I am beautiful!

And so are you! Be good to yourselves today! Love yourself and love one another today, just as fiercely as you can!

As a side note, Canadians are well known for apologizing for often no reasons. I found that a lot of them felt an inherent guilt for things even not their fault. It's kind of amusing, but I fear it's an unfortunate non-positive mentality to embrace. They seem well off regardless. ^_^

Positive affirmations are important for changing mental processes and taking steps towards positive self improvement.

Archived