1. 1.

• Never
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • More than 6

This poll is closed to new votes

Mr. Cuddlebunny

Never ever. I've had.. well, at one point I'd have called them crushes, but I'm really not so sure now. There's been people who I've really 'clicked' with and found myself admiring and the likes, but even at that, I've had no desire to actually get involved with them. Whenever I try to think about it seriously, I just end up scrunching my nose up and thinking 'ew', or literally bore myself to sleep with it. I just have no desire for anything to actually go anywhere, because it'd creep me out more than anything.

Really, it just tends to annoy me more than anything when people try to court me.

I answered 3 or 4. Those were the relationships that lasted the longest and involved people who meant something (emotionally) to me--altho I ended up loathing one of them!! :twisted:

However, I am not--err--counting the briefer relationships and, dare I say it, one-night-stands. :redface:

I've never been in a romantic relationship. I'm satisfied with good friendships.

:)

Good friendships are great !

Never, ever underestimate the importance of friends!

Actually I think I miss my old friends (both male and female) more than I do any guy I was ever involved with! :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

A couple, but I don't even know if I can call them "relationships". They were a complete waste of time and energy. I am so happy being asexual / aromantic :), I wouldn't change that for anything in the world. And the concept of "the right one" is rubbish (sorry if I offend romantic people). When people say they found the right one, soul mate, whatever, it means that they met someone in their surroundings that share some things in common. I really do not believe that in a planet with ca. 6 billion people there is only ONE person for you. There are certainly more than one that have a lot of things in common with you.

Yes, once. But it was purely a romantic relationship without sex.

Flying Hazels

I've been in 3 relationships. They weren't ever sexual and none of them last more than a month. I feel ashamed to be so inexperienced with dating.

You are still very young, what I should say I am ? :) My relationship lasted two years and I wonder, that he ( my partner ) has been so patient with me.

Never been in a relationship. Don't want to either.

Hannibal Lecter

No. It's impossible, you know. You can't say: Hey i really care about you just stay away from me and thus don't dare to cheat on me!

Not really. The few crushes I've had have been entirely unrequited.

There was one girl who I went out with a few times, but it was too short and too casual to really call it a relationship, I think.

iamnotforever

I had a boyfriend for the last handful of months of eighth grade. I had barely started puberty and he was a year younger than me.

We never even kissed.

I think 5 that actually counted as relationships. Two of which were over the internet and we never met in real person. Three of which cheated on me repeatedly :rolleyes: Due to asexuality? Who knows.

The first ones were not really sexual, and lasted for about a month each. The most recent one became sexual after we got married, and lasted for a year and a half until she divorced me. But the good thing about that one ending is at least I never have to have sex ever again!

I'm surprised at how many aces have never had a relationship, although it really shouldn't be that surprising to me.

• 2 months later...
gray_imagination

physical, emotional, and/or "official"? LOL

maybe 4ish? for some reason this question is more complicated than I expected.

3 that have lasted more than 6 months the others i dont really count... now that i look back at it though they were more just really really good friends society has a small problem with people being intamate (which to there eyes looks damned sexual) good way to getaround that is "entering a reltionship" lol

But now that im older and people no that im asexual there all good with sleeping with me.....

asexuals need a word to describe that cause its really hard to explain to people especialy my mates there just think ive had sex with her and get seriously confused lol come to think of it most of the stuff i do seems to seriously confuse someone i know :D

In_Omnia_Paratus

Sadly I'm in the most inconvenient asexual position, where I in no way ever want to have sex I think it's gross, and yet I'm a hopeless romantic :P

I've been in four relationships, all of them wonderful guys, they're still some of my best friends to date (no pun intended hehe) :D

One, and it definitely taught me a lot. Before, everything about what I wanted in a relationship was speculation, but now I have a better idea of what I do and don't like. It lasted two months, and we slept together on occasion (no sex, just sleep overs). During those two months I discovered more about my limits, like I love kissing and cuddling, but I hate french kisses and long make-out sessions. <_<

I put never since mine are so short lived.

Many have ended up with betrayal type issues leading to reinforced my trust issues and making it harder to try again.

Cupcake_Master

Twice, if you can call it that.

I was twelve years old at the time, I didn't like either of the boys much.

My "friends", a girl I liked who loathed me and my cousin, made me and this troublesome boy become a "couple" after I accidentally said I liked him, which I didn't. I just said it..I'm not sure why I said it, I was probably panicky.

I "dated" him twice. It was more like " Say "hi" a few times a day at school, and never be together" " until he moved to another class due to him being a trouble maker.

I "dated" another boy, who I originally liked, and at least we became friends. I never got to break up with him though, I refused to go to school before I could.

To make things short, if you count sitting next to each other and sharing snacks in middle school "dating" then yes. If not..No.

Yes, more than six, but I only count three of them and was only "in love" with one.

Before I knew I was asexual, I would date guys I liked and then sabotage the relationship..

I've had two relationships, but they were both with the same person, with about an eight month gap between the two. Both times it ended in disaster.

I had one semi-relationship when I was 23. I obviously liked him at the time, and he obviously liked me. We went through the hanging out phase for awhile, and then he moved it to the making out phase. I found that boring, and he was unnerved by my lack of experience. It kind of crumbled apart after that, but he still followed me around like a lovesick puppy dog afterwards, even after he got engaged to someone else.

Anyway, it's never made me want to try again...

• 2 weeks later...
midsummer.mist

Love life? What love life? I never had a relationship. Close friendships yes, but never a relationship.

Years ago, before I ever heard of asexuality, I tried very, fery hard to fit in and dated a few different guys. I always wound up feeling horrible because they thought I was cold and unfeeling. I guess I was unfeeling in a way, I just could not respond to their attempts to "stimulate" me. The kisses were not so bad, but the groping was just more than I could take.

• 4 weeks later...

Never. Well, once, this guy asked me out. I said "yes". And then, nothing happened and we broke up. So I'm not counting it. :lol:

I have been in several real relationships, but they were not during a time when I identified as asexual. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to vote.

• 8 months later...
Guest FrozenCherry

No, I cannot call it as an relationship, that was more like a dating. I would not call my internet crushes/loves an relationships either. No, I know nothing about relationships :P

Archived