Have you ever been in a relationship?  

1. 1.

• Never
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • More than 6

This poll is closed to new votes

One, once. It lasted two and a half years, and the only reason I don't write it off as a complete waste of my time is that it clued me in to the fact that I'm aromantic/asexual and probably saved me a lot of more serious trouble down the road.

Lady Heartilly

I've been in two . . . but both times I always pursued him and did things for him and made an effort to be with him. I guess I'll never know what it's like to have someone want to pursue me.

currently in my first relationship (started out when i was 22 yr old, for 2+ years now)

homo semi sexual

Never.

Never been remotely interested in any of that stuff. Never even fancied anyone in anyway. And thankfully no one has ever shown any interest in me. Yeah, I'm aromantic.

I have been in one when I was twenty. It was fine at first, but then she wanted to cuddle and touch and it was horrible, absolute torture. Finally she pressed for sex and that was the last night I ever saw her. It lasted for two whole months, a big part of that was because I only had to see her once a week.

SpirallingSnowy

I said 5-6.

Ive had boyfriends, 4 were seious but certain boundaries were pushed. The other two one was a interestate relationship and i saw him in school holidays. and the other one was jsut a romantic thing that last 2months.

My most recent relationship is 10months, the longest ive been in was 1.5yrs. I cant seem to hold anyone for any longer than a few months, including this one feels like we both staying in it for some reason, i mean we love each other but we fight and he is sexual but doesnt tell me so i dont know so i assume he doesnt want to so we dont cos i dont...... :?

Yes. One. With a heterosexual male.

It didn't work out because he is sexual and I am asexual and I'm not willing to compromise myself in that aspect to continue a relationship. It is simply not worth it to me.

Also, I am a-romantic, which I did not know before. That was probably a source of our different wants from the relationship.

Nonetheless, it was a great learning experience for me. It was part of my life that sent me on the path that lead me to the discovery of AVEN.

Hmm, I sort of was, but only at all because it was long-distance, and it ended before we ever met outside of the internet. I'm not sure if that counts, because I'm reasonably sure it would never have happened if it had been a non-internet relationship. It only really happened because a good friend wanted it so badly and confused my feelings very much. :?

So, uh, 0-1. :shock:

One. The one I'm in now. We're gettin' hitched in September.

Cate

Vicious Trollop

What was that thread we had going once in which we all unloaded our complete relationship histories? It was very soapy and delicious. (And often heartrending.)

Anyway, I've had one 'real' relationship and a lot of wacky (and fortunate) near-misses. The real one being the one where we secretly pined for each other for a semester while our friends grew increasingly bored with us, dated for two weeks before kissing, planned our future over the summer, and I ended it the day we moved back into the dorm. :roll:

Oooohhh, yeah, have I updated my history there? *goes to look*

*returns* Yep, I did.

Cate

I have been in none.

Unless you count being led on for 3 months, avoided for a month, and being told "let's just be friends" after that month of avoidance. Now, most of this happened throughout a very large distance -- Texas to Ohio. He had just come to CA when the avoidance began, and I was out there for the summer when the phone call came. And then I had to see him every weekend hanging all over Random Guard Chick #48 or #82 or whichever girl he picked.

So, yeah, I'm still fucked up because of it, emotionally and psychologically.

But if something bad ever happens to him, my sadistic side will be laughing. A lot.

Of course, I tend to be fairly aromantic. (I can count the total number of persons who I have felt what I feel is a "true romantic" attachment to on my thumbs.) I'm not bothered much by not having a relationship, I just get tired of sleeping alone in a big cold bed.

And it's unlikely I will be able to get into a relationship anyways, a little because of where I am and how I would want the relationship to be. But mostly because I'm either too emotional or too distant.

I have been in one real relationship. It was intense both emotionally and sexually, and is perhaps the single hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my life...and that is saying a lot. It ended and I found myself missing the closeness with the woman, and not really the sexual stuff at all. I loved cuddling, though.

• 1 month later...

I've never had a romantic relationship, though I did have two different young men try to convince me to have a relationship with them. I just never feel anything deeper than a vague friendship.

Archived