1. 1.

• Never
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • More than 6

This poll is closed to new votes

HeatherAnne

Only twice. The first one wasn't really the best decision. I was still in the phase of "maybe I just need to try." It didn't last long at all because he was mostly interested in sex and I just wasn't at all.

The second one was I actually liked. We had been friends for about two years before we started dating and he wasn't pushy about sex. And I will admit that I pretty much confirmed myself as a cuddle junkie. We broke up after about a year because of wanting different things for our futures but we still talk.

I've been in one long-term relationship, and I'm happy to say that my ex and I are still really good friends. ^_^

Never, ever. I have always wanted a relationship until 2 years ago.. but now those feelings of wanting a relationship are somewhat returning. All my friends have been paired up again and again, and I was the only girl in my circle of friends that wasn't asked out. :/ It kinda makes me feel unwanted sometimes?..

Ah, I wish I was aromantic! Then I wouldn't be all mopey about this kind of stuff! xD

I've met all sorts of people in my travels. When I was younger, my circle of friends consisted of people for whom sex and relationships were essential. No doubt they've had their share of experiences with those things by now. When I grew older, I started associating with different people. Most of my friends today are aged 25-40, and only a handful of them have experience with relationships. Even though we might not share the same sexual and/or romantic orientations, we still value other things, such as work and hobbies, over sex and relationships which works as a common nominator for us.

I'm aromantic, and I'm glad that I am. Reading the posts of those who are not makes me feel lucky, since then in my solitude I don't have to suffer from a lack of relationship. You can't consciously change your orientations, so I hope that anyone who is romantically inclined would find the partner that they are looking for.

Honestly, I've never been in a relationship.

Most of the time I don't really think about it. But when I see couples everywhere it gets uncomfortable. All of the people making out in public disgusts me. I've never really been interested in kissing someone. So, I really don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Andrewsarchus

I answered no, not by any stretch of the word. I have had a few men who I have had bad crushes on but in every case I couldn't have picked a worse guy to fall for. None were interested in me at all (you would have thought that I had leprosy, though considering the last one he had a good reason not to be interested in me as he was gay; still, I wish he would have told me before I wasted half a year of my life coming onto him :mad: ) and the other three I simply lost interest in for various reasons (in addition to them not being interested in me, though one was more than willing to have me as a sex partner, but he wasn't interested in me for a relationship). I have had a couple of men have the hots for me, but sadly (for them, and also for me), I simply had no romantic interest in them at all.

I swear it really makes me wonder how most people manage to A: find someone they are attracted to, and B: have that same person be attracted to them. I have had various combos of either A or B but never together, which is normally necessary for a relationship to even start out.

Never...I'm too shy to approach a girl I like and am too stupid to notice when one likes me

Asexy Existentialist

Once past tense, once present tense. I don't know how; they seem silly from an objective view.

Once. I was 18 and honestly if I had a time machine I'd go back and smack myself in the forehead.

I was still convinced I was just naive or inexperienced and that my sexuality would flip on like a switch. 4 months in and that metaphorical switch never budged. He cheated on me over winter break because I wouldn't have sex with him. I should have been sad, but I was just relieved, I finally had a reason to end our failing relationship. I went out and bought a whole sheet cake the celebrate with my friends :lol:.

I'm willing to try again in the future now that I know I'm asexual, but my own personal life goals tend to make me too selfish to compromise with anyone else's goals. I think it's my prerogative to be a little selfish at 22 though.

• 2 weeks later...
TheAceOfHearts

Once. I was convinced I was in a phase and hoped that all of a sudden Id be like my friends, but no. No feelings at all. He wanted me to kiss him... I told him to wait, he didnt want it so was forcing me. I avoided him, he cheated on me and I was actually happy! :) Feel much better now! Although he still likes me :/

I've been in two - my first one was another girl online who lived in Finland (never met her) and the second time is the one I'm in now ^^ kinda on-off for the past 2 1/2 years >.<

• 2 weeks later...

One sort of. I agreed to date him, but we never went on a date. We hung out together with friends as a couple but we never did anything more than hold hands. He wanted to do more but I wouldn't let him. I realized I was not interested in him the way he was in me so I explained to him the best I could and broke it off with him. I have refused to date anyone since.

• 3 months later...

Since this is a very old thread, it's being locked as part of a plan to clean up Census and keep the information in threads up-to-date. If you're interested in reading or taking part in the discussion, here it is.

Please, feel encouraged to create a new Census thread for this topic, and feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you may have!

-GLaDOS (aka Larien), Census mod

Archived