Have you ever been in a relationship?  

1. 1.

• Never
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • More than 6

This poll is closed to new votes

I've been in several relationships, all before i identified as ace. I was sexual in some of them, not out of preference, more from pressure, which clued me in to the fact that I was different

Just no need for one at all. Simply put. 8)

• 2 weeks later...
vrazda verlaine

I was in one very short relationship. After he was out of the picture and I started to wonder if I should be open to finding another one, that was when I realized I was aromantic.

Nothing here! XD

I mean.. technically once in like.. uuhhmmm 3rd-4th grade probably I 'dated' this one kid, I think I even kissed him on the cheek, but then the next day a friend of mine 'stole' him from me and I was like 'O... okay, that's not fun I don't care about doing that anymore'

But I don't count that, since that was like.. too ridiculously childish to count. xD

I have been in quite a few "little r" relationships. After all, friendship IS a relationship and so is being a co-worker.

"Big R" Relationships, to me, imply some higher degree of commitment and I have had very few of those in comparison. Maybe half a dozen or so?

I met my husband here at AVEN in 2004 and we just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary a couple of months ago. ('Best Big R ever, BTW!)

-gb

Not a one. I've never even come close. Just never felt the need to have anything beyond a close freind or two.

I've had relationships when I was in my teens & early 20s, I was cheated on in all the relationships, none of them lasted long, the longest was my last & that only lasted 28 days, none of them involved sex

EarthWarrior

One. Ten years ago when I was 18. I wanted to prove I could be 'normal'... A whole year I tried!

It was a defining relationship, it taught me that I am definitely asexual, and definitely aromantic. I am very grateful for that and have not looked back since :)

Happy 2011 folks!

I haven't been in any relationships, provided we define a relationship as a romantic or sexual commitment.

If we define a relationship as a commitment in general, I've engaged in many of those.

I would never consider living a lie, so I'm not going to accept a romantic or sexual commitment for myself.

I do, however, recognize that a stable committed partnership, such as marriage, can potentially yield substantial financial, legal and social benefits to both participants. As such, I would some day consider to take part in such a commitment, provided that both participants indeed understood that it'd be wholly for the benefits only :)

• 1 month later...

I was never fond of relationships, but I met someone and just went for the whole relationship thingy, that also helped me to realize that I was asexual

• 2 weeks later...

I've only been with one and he was a sexual. It didn't go so great. If I ever choose to try out another relationship I definitely want it to be with another asexual.

SciFiCinderella

Never. The closest I came to a romantic relationship was when a (now ex-)friend whom I frequently roleplayed with suggested our characters get together, to which I replied "Yeah, why not?" and thought nothing else of it-- I thought we got along pretty well and there was nothing disgustingly lovey-dovey happening in the RP, so it didn't seem like a big deal. Alas, the dude took it a little too seriously and assumed it meant I would be happy to date him too, and as the days passed he started treating me more and more like his girlfriend and being an all-round jealous git when I so much as mentioned another guy. When I realised what was going through his head I immediately stopped him in his tracks, and... well, let's just say it didn't go down too well and he's barely spoken to me since. Despite that being almost seven years ago. :lol:

I've just never found anyone who I could picture myself with, and I'd imagine I would have at least felt SOME sort of urge by this point if any interest was going to be sparked.

An odd time I've wondered if I should give it a go to see exactly what I'm supposedly missing out on, but I'd feel like I was living a lie and the last thing I want is to mess someone about by getting them reeled into such a situation. Because no matter how many times you point out it's just an experiment, you know it's unlikely it'll actually go down that way in the other person's head. Haha.

House of Chimeras

I’ve only been in one relationship ever… and it’s the same relationship I’m in right now still at present. I’m not really interest in romance but what I have now I love for what I have.

• 4 weeks later...
Vampyremage

I've been in 3 serious relationships.

BaronTheCat

Depends what you mean by "relationships". Nothing serious that lasted, anyway -_-

i was once introuduced by a friend to a friend of hers as her ex.

but that's not the question

One and it wasn't much. I basicly sat next to the guy at lunch every other day ( my friends were scarrryyy) and lived in fear that he would try to kiss me... he's really nice though and we are still friends.

That anything has actually happened in (beyond hugs), just the one. I'm still with him now.

The results of this poll are surprising to me. I've been in over 10 relationships in my twenty-something year existence. Maybe they didn't work out so well, but I never let my lack of sexuality keep me from enjoying the company of another person. Someone to share every moment with and cuddle and text at any hour of the day or night. It's nice having that one person. Of course I'm in the stage now where I'm really trying to be single for a long time, because I don't actually want to be dependent on one person for my happiness!

I've had 3 fake facebook marriages all ending it divorce but other than that nothing :lol:

Creepy you are so funny. ^_^

I for one was never in a relationship, and would never want one, even if it was faked.

definately more than 6

when your this perfect you do have to share some of it around in the hope it rubs off :lol:

If the question is in terms of previous relationships,then the answer in my case is none. Currently; well, I think enough people know the answer to that one ... :rolleyes: :P

I was dating one guy for less than 3 month when I was 19. I didn´t love him - I was only stupid, lonely and I wanted to be "normal". I hoped I can fall in love with him, but it didn´t happen, so I broke up with him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
AdmiralAddax

Never, ever. I have always wanted a relationship until 2 years ago.. but now those feelings of wanting a relationship are somewhat returning. All my friends have been paired up again and again, and I was the only girl in my circle of friends that wasn't asked out. :/ It kinda makes me feel unwanted sometimes?..

Ah, I wish I was aromantic! Then I wouldn't be all mopey about this kind of stuff! xD

Archived