Hi fellow sexuals. :)

MesMis

I'm an early-20s wife of an ace, been a lurker for a few months, slowly absorbing info from here and many other sources — as many as I can handle. I've resisted creating an account because there's simultaneously SO MUCH I want to say and yet not a word of it is new or different. I think I've been overwhelmed by the sheer unordinary ordinariness of it all.

We've been married just over a year. I oscillate every few weeks between horrified, gut-wrenching, desperate devastation and mostly peaceful denial. The second half of this last year brought cuddles to my marriage, something I'd given up on, and for that I can be profoundly thankful.

I have more to say. And ask. I'd like to keep posting new threads, and I probably will, once I find a place to start. So in the meantime — hi AVEN. :)

Hi, MesMis. Welcome to AVEN.

Even if your story is no different than anyone else's it sometimes feels good to let it all out. We're all willing to listen if you want to tell us.

Even though you're feeling really bad about the relationship, I'm sure your partner appreciates that you're still trying to make things work and you're not pushing to change him. Many partners of asexuals aren't as accepting and understanding and if your partner identifies as asexual, I'm sure they know that.

We'll be looking forward to your future threads.

Every story is different on its own and at the same time there's always people who can relate :)

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your team here, sexual allies are awesome. You get cake too :cake:

Archived