Seeking Advice Regarding Intimacy

Tr222ish

I'm married to a lovely woman and when we were first together our sex life was pretty normal. Within a fairly short time however she grew less and less interested in sex and for the past 10 years has no interest at all. At first I was grieving for the closeness and intimacy I felt as she is not cuddly or demonstrative either. It was very hard on me to stay in the relationship. I have learned to manage my feelings and have worked to understand my partner. I would like to know how those who have no interest in sex create an intimate relationship with their partners?

It's different for every couple and not all sexual persons are happy with non sexual intimacy. I think it really depends on the couple. For me personally, I feel really close to my husband in lots of ways. There isn't any specific thing that we do to be intimate. I feel like our life together is for each other and there's just a strong feeling that we're connected.

Like you, our physical relationship is very limited. However, I feel like we are very close emotionally and intellectually. We share a lot...our lives, interests, goals, feelings, etc. So for me, it's how I feel about him and our life together that is intimate to me. Basically, he's the one person that I feel entirely relaxed with and supported by almost 100% of the time. It probably sounds like a cliché, but I don't know how else to describe it.

Archived