The Somber One

How often do u get aroused?  

1. 1.

• Never
    • Once a week
    • Two or three times a week
    • Once a day

This poll is closed to new votes

I put 2-3 times a week but I want to work on whittling it down; it's so annoying. It's like, when certain subjects come up, and I find it physically pleasurable, but morally reprehensible. Interestingly, some of these involve hugging and kissing and touching males, but when I think of the real me, not this "fake" "fantasy" me, actually on the verge of doing so, I shudder and one thought jumps into my mind: "NEVER!" I would not want a man "entering" me for the sake of physical pleasure, couldn't imagine it, absolutely hate the thought. Ewwww. I'd be so grossed out by that. I am also grossed out by wet kisses, or even drier kisses, and confounded by the thought that sticking your tongue into another person's mouth would give you pleasure. I just don't get it...So, in summary, I wish I didn't have a sex drive; makes things so much more complicated, and is half the reason I'm "questioning," not definite. (Would you say I am asexual or not, based on the description above? If not, do you think I'll "change my mind" as so many people in my life seem to think? [i don't want to change that particular aversion, by the way.] If I am, why would my fantasies involve that? Conditioning by society? Maybe because none of the ickiness, the fluids, all that disgusting stuff is there? I would hug and hold hands.) So, recently it's been getting better, and by that I mean "less," but I want to know if anyone has any helpful suggestions for decreasing the sex drive...a case of Type C wanting to be Type B.

This is the dictionary def I came across (meriam webster online)

1 : to awaken from sleep

2 : to rouse or stimulate to action or to physiological readiness for activity : EXCITE <the book aroused debate>

intransitive senses : to awake from sleep : STIR

I awaken from sleep at least once a day.

As for arousal more along the lines of what people are talking about I never want to have sex with a guy, or even do something specific with one. (There is one sexual thing I would like to do again, but I've never seen someone and thought "Oh, I want him to do that").

Sometimes I see a cute guy and I get a good feeling. My heart may even flutter a bit, but it's not a sexual feeling.

I kind of want to kiss a guy, as in I want to kiss a guy, but I know I never enjoyed kissing, so I don't know why I want to kiss a guy. And I've never seen a specific guy that I would want to kiss.

If I watch gay guys together, I might get somewhat horny. But not so much so that it can't be turned off in a moment by another distraction (ie phone ringing).

I always thought I had a low sex drive but after replying to this thread it might be more accurate to say I have a nonexistant sex drive.

• 3 years later...

More than once a day. I'm usually always in the state of being aroused lol..

• 3 weeks later...
superscyther
I said never . . . but I don't even know what it is. So maybe I have been and just didn't know it? Though I rather doubt that.

haha yeah that's what i wonder...i mean, i guess if it happens fairly often you know that it is...but idk what it feels like to know if i'm it :lol:

I agree.

• 5 months later...
midsummer.mist

Mostly once a week, sometimes more often. While I have my menstruation it occurs more often in usual.

I only skimmed over the posts, but there seem to be differing oppinions of what arousal implies... so here is the definition I used:

"To stimulate sexual desire in."

lol really? think your train of thought might be a little flawed lol i go more with Xeno's definition :D

It's pretty easy to know if you are a guy :D I put arousal as when I "stand up" which with most guys can happen rather randomly.

and it does happen fairly randomly, might be because im stilla hormonal teenager but at least once a day just a question is my libido going to go down as i get older cause its becomeing.... inconvineint to say the least.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't vote because my option wasn't up there. I might get aroused maybe once or twice a year........maybe.

Archived