Aromantic Pride Flag?

Archived

I know there are 2 popularish ones right now, so does that mean there's no official aromantic flag? We should get to that...or have we already?

tumblr_inline_n3qc5cafWf1rghkw5.png

The meaning of black in this one is kind of confusing. How does it relate to aromanticism?

tumblr_inline_n3qcawhKIt1rghkw5.png

I like the meaning for this one better but the colors are pretty dull. In the asexual pride flag, the grey includes greysexuals and demisexuals, so I think that'd be a good idea here too. I don't think lithromantic is on the grey-aro scale, right? If it is, I'd put that in for the meaning of grey too. Maybe a mix of the two flags? Just the fact that demiromantic is on one stripe and the whole alloromantics who reject the traditional ideas of romance on the other flag. I don't know. I'd stick to 4 or less stripes though, I've see other variations of the aromantic flag with 5 or 6 stripes. Try to keep it simple. The asexual flag is pretty simple.

If there already is an official flag...then nevermind.

This one is official. The ones you posted are aro

AceFlag.png

AceFlag.png

Yeah, I'm talking about aro pride flags

Oh, shoot. My mistake. Ummm, you can shoot me now.

Btw, those are the usual one

AceFlag.png

Yeah, I'm talking about aro pride flags

Oh, shoot. My mistake. Ummm, you can shoot me now.

Btw, those are the usual one

Haha, it's ok. I'm just wondering when we'll get an official aromantic flag and those were my comments on the usual ones.

tumblr_n0lz3nZwzA1rosnwgo2_400.png

I also saw this one. But the first ou posted is the one I see most often. Not a very nice one

Member54880

The green/yellow/orange/black flag is one of the first proposed aromantic flags, but it has fallen out of favor. One of the problems with it is the symbolism of the black stripe, which is the equivalent of putting a stripe representing celibacy on the asexual flag.

Currently, the most popular aromantic flag is the 5-stripe flag that is either dark green/light green/yellow/gray/black, or dark green/light green/white/gray/black.

On both of those flags, dark green represents aromanticism, light green represents gray-romanticism, white or yellow for lithromanticism, gray for demiromanticism and black for WTFromanticism.

I also saw this one. But the first ou posted is the one I see most often. Not a very nice one

I like this one! Actually, the creator edited the design because some people had concerns, Here's the link for that: http://cameronwhimsy.tumblr.com/post/95352732283/over-the-past-few-months-ive-been-reviewing-my

The green/yellow/orange/black flag is one of the first proposed aromantic flags, but it has fallen out of favor. One of the problems with it is the symbolism of the black stripe, which is the equivalent of putting a stripe representing celibacy on the asexual flag.

Currently, the most popular aromantic flag is the 5-stripe flag that is either dark green/light green/yellow/gray/black, or dark green/light green/white/gray/black.

On both of those flags, dark green represents aromanticism, light green represents gray-romanticism, white or yellow for lithromanticism, gray for demiromanticism and black for WTFromanticism.

Ah, that seems better. I still don't understand why we but demi on a different strip than greys. They represent the same stripe on the ace flag.

but the black on the ace flag represents sexuals? i prefer the first one, even though it's kinda ugly; the colors make sense. the second one feels like someone decided they wanted a prettier flag and came up with random colors to represent different things.

but the black on the ace flag represents sexuals? i prefer the first one, even though it's kinda ugly; the colors make sense. the second one feels like someone decided they wanted a prettier flag and came up with random colors to represent different things.

Wait, I thought white represents allosexuals.

I like this one! Actually, the creator edited the design because some people had concerns, Here's the link for that: http://cameronwhimsy.tumblr.com/post/95352732283/over-the-past-few-months-ive-been-reviewing-my

Oh...I looked at the creator's different meaning for it and I like that much better. I wonder when we will start voting on some sort of official flag, though.

CherryAllen

Hmm, I honestly like both, the one with the orange and this last one; I think maybe if the definitions of each stripe were explained further/better, like this last flag who edited their meaning, that it'd be more helpful to decide which we like more. I have no idea if there is an official official flag, though, but the one with the orange stripe is the one I see everywhere

Sleepy Skeleton

The one I use is this one, purely because I hate yellow and orange and I don't like to see them:

Tumblr_inline_nelzuzwZam1s9h54v.jpg

It's also the most accepted in my experience.

There's also an unpopular proposed flag that uses pretty purple, red, and burgundy colors, but I haven't been able to find the original post again. I know I liked the meaning behind each color. It's a shame I can't remember them now:

• 1 month later...

UA8IUwFl.png

A lot of people are pushing for this one to be used for several reasons including that the one with the single yellow stripe is difficult for some people to view, that the one with orange is too similar to the Rastafarian flag and might create confusion, and finally that the other two are kind of aesthetically unappealing. The yellow stripe representing lithromanticism has also been stated to be problematic and appropriative of stone lesbians. I am not arguing for or against these points, I am just stating what I've heard.

I like the last one best but I don't mind the one with the single yellow stripe. However, I feel like the first is the more commonly seen one. Honestly, I iwsh we could just agree on something. I like the last one because green seems to be the most commonly accepted color and the grey is a necessity for the grey/Demi-romantics. But as for the yellow or white stripe I don't care, I just want a flag for the whole community.

I personally don't like the one with the orange stripe simply because the green and orange really clash in my opinion. I like all the other ones. It would be nice to decide on one, though.

I don't find the one with the orange stripe appealing, but the last one and the flag with the yellow I don't mind at all.

I don't really understand why the colors need to stand for anything in particular. If you look up the LGBT rainbow flag, the colors supposedly stand for "life (red), healing (orange), sunlight (yellow), nature (green), harmony (blue), and spirit (purple/violet)". Which is of course very silly and meaningless. But it's better that way, because you can add or subtract colors without any group feel like they were snubbed because that color represented them.

DannyFenton123

I prefer this one, but with the pale yellow stripe. It just looks prettier to me; I have it as my lockscreen xD

I prefer this one, but with the pale yellow stripe. It just looks prettier to me; I have it as my lockscreen xD

I prefer this one too. The first one is just too bright and clashing. These colours, although pale, are gentler and blend together better. :)

DannyFenton123

I prefer this one too. The first one is just too bright and clashing. These colours, although pale, are gentler and blend together better. :)

Pretty much. I also don't like the 'allos who reject traditional ideas of romance' thing :P

• 10 months later...
nothingnothing

UA8IUwFl.png

A lot of people are pushing for this one to be used for several reasons including that the one with the single yellow stripe is difficult for some people to view, that the one with orange is too similar to the Rastafarian flag and might create confusion, and finally that the other two are kind of aesthetically unappealing. The yellow stripe representing lithromanticism has also been stated to be problematic and appropriative of stone lesbians. I am not arguing for or against these points, I am just stating what I've heard.

I like this flag best because its the most aesthetically pleasing and it doesn't have the yellow stripe which i heard some people have a problme about. Also the first one is considered too similar to the rastafarian flag so this one seems best.

nothingnothing

I don't really understand why the colors need to stand for anything in particular. If you look up the LGBT rainbow flag, the colors supposedly stand for "life (red), healing (orange), sunlight (yellow), nature (green), harmony (blue), and spirit (purple/violet)". Which is of course very silly and meaningless. But it's better that way, because you can add or subtract colors without any group feel like they were snubbed because that color represented them.

True. but that flag is for lgbt not just one sexuality. if each colour represents something then its easier to come up with a pride flag.

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this discussion is dead. i've not been on in a while.
I was talking with a friend at Wigan Pride about this, Why do we even need one?

• 1 month later...

So hang on I am confused.  What colour on the flag represents demiromantics?

icantchangewhoiam
On 9/5/2015 at 11:04 PM, Siggy said:

I don't see why we need our own flag. Per my view point, which some may disagree with the LGBT flag meanings do not conflict with any of us or our sexuality.

• 1 month later...

I think the black stripe in the first posted flag isn't like...putting celibacy in the ace flag, because there is a label for people who have kinda romantic like feelings but can't cope with the common terms or "standards" if romantic relationships and don't want to be put in such a relationship but still want a very own Way of relationship. I will search for  the term and later on post it, but it is often placed in the Aro spec ad well. Same goes goes for lith romantics, I think because of the fact that they don't come to any relationships as well but seriously I don't want to say something wrong because I am really new to the topic. The reason why there are two versions, one with the white and one with the yellow stripe is because the creator first made the one with the yellow stripe and later on extinguished it because of...health problems of her own why she couldn't "see" yellow correctly and she got many responses about the same thing and that is why she made the yellow stripe white. Not sure how true this is but this is all I found on this topic

• 2 months later...
Solar-Flarey

Image result for ua8iuwfl.png 

I see this one most often and it seems to be the one that most have accepted as the "official" aro flag

I also see the others from time to time, but not neatly as much.

I, too, think the flag with the white stripe in the middle is the best choice for aesthetic reasons. Now, I think we should try to assign a meaning to each colour. 

green: aromantics

light green: grey/demiromantics

white: allosexuals

grey: demisexuals

black: asexuals

What do you think? :D

Archived