What is queerplatonic?

Whenever I find an explanation it seems pretty vague to me. Some say there are no romantic or sexual hints at all. Some say it is in a way but not necessarily one more than the other. One person said you'd be okay with marrying your zucchini? You guys might seem like a couple? Or is it like a mega best friendship? It's really confusing to me and I was wondering if someone could clear the air for me.

As far as I know everyone explains it differently. But this is one I liked and posted here a couple times

queerplatonic.png

• Like 2
Scottthespy

Sounds like my definition of "close friend", currently describing my relationships with my mother, father, and best friend. Oddly, people have thoughh all THREE of these relationships were sexual and/or romantic at one time or another...people are strange.

There are different types of queerplatonic relationships. It's basically an emotionally platonic relationship that has the characteristic(s) of a romantic/sexual relationship. It can be an importance/closeness stronger than the best friend norm, displaying platonic sensual attraction above the norm (only differing from romantic sensual attraction with chaste kissing, although preferring chaste kissing or no kissing does not make one’s feelings unromantic), friends with sexual benefits, romantically pleasing someone you platonically love (QP to one and romantic to the other), or any combination of those. They may or may not have monogamy, live together, or look like a couple to the public. Romantics and Aromantics can have QPRs. The term literally means oddly platonic.

Ahhhh, ok. I wanted to know a good definition of it for one, just to understand it in general and for two, to see if I desired one with one of my friends. Apparently that's called a "squash" if you want a queerplatonic relationship, kinda like "squish" is if you want a friend. Helpful terms.

• Like 1

Ahhhh, ok. I wanted to know a good definition of it for one, just to understand it in general and for two, to see if I desired one with one of my friends. Apparently that's called a "squash" if you want a queerplatonic relationship, kinda like "squish" is if you want a friend. Helpful terms.

I've never heard wanting a QPR as a squash. It's too similar/off by one letter and easy to misread.

I've never heard wanting a QPR as a squash. It's too similar/off by one letter and easy to misread.

I've seen references of it in few places but yeah, squash. There are more favorable terms we could use, given that squish is already there and another definition of squash is like not the vegetable one but squashing something. Sorry, I make no sense. I knew "zucchini" and "squish" before June but I literally found "squash" today. I had to search it up more to make sure it wasn't a typo I had seen.

• Like 1

XD Squash! As in the vegitable because of the term zucchini which is a type of squash. That just occured to me.

double post

• 2 weeks later...
thekittyhawk

will people know what i mean if i call my hypothetical zucchini an aubergine or eggplant? :P

*Neko Tosiba*

The best I I have found to descibe it is being morails in homstuck. But I guess it is like being super super close to someone. Closer the freinds but you do t love them romantically. I have a queerplatonic partner. I have known her since we were kids. I love her just not romanticall. But not really family either. We cuddle and talk. There are few things we haven't done. And that is mostly sexually stuff cuz I'm asexual. But she is great. She my friend but on a completely different level then my other friends.

• 7 years later...

A qpr isn't one specific thing, actually. It is just "something that isn't a friendship and isn't fully romantic, if at all, but is a meaningful connection between two or more people"

or something like that

it will look different for everyone. 

personally, the kind of thing I'm hoping a qpr might look like for me, is just having someone who's "my person" without requiring all the romantic stuff that I personally don't get, don't think of, and don't find to be deeply meaningful.