Heart

Different Dysphorias

Janus DarkFox
On 12/21/2019 at 7:10 AM, Celyn said:
On 12/20/2019 at 10:37 PM, Laurann said:

Unfortunately I read that surgically altering hip bone structure is still too risky. Maybe in the future?

I think it will definitely be a possibility in the future.

I think so too, though what I’ve read and discussed with psych, deep level bone restructuring is not possible yet.  This is a serious open surgery that may disfigure a person more than that would reconfigure the gender, the risks of life changing complications are too high at moment and the life long medication as well to stay that way, similar to breaking bones, some bones do heal and replace lost bone.  Likewise with those that want more bone.  Though I’m rather curious that some kind of medication... or thinking creative about it... genetic counselling, changing the gene code in the body to promote a feminine/masculine bone growth the more bone gets replaced over the years.

Keep on the lookout for science breakthroughs always, hoping other things like say... total sex organ transplants are a thing, that be astonishing to see happen in my lifetime.

nerdperson777
On 12/21/2019 at 7:01 AM, DolphinLover22 said:

I have a question... I have pretty average disphoria for a trans guy, like with my chest and being called girl and bathrooms and such. My question I guess might be a bit TMI, but does anyone else have disphoria when it comes to using the restroom? I mean, I've never felt comfortable peeing sitting down. Has anyone else experienced this type of disphoria, and what did you do about it? Thanks!

I don't, but I have been curious before.  You probably have genital dysphoria, if you're new to the whole thing.  You can buy an STP (Stand To Pee)  to relieve your dysphoria (and my curiosity).  The ones marketed to "women" are only like $10 or so, but if you can afford it, the ones for trans people are more expensive.  I'm talking about $50 to hundreds.  There's also the 2 in 1 kinds that let you pee and pack (giving the illusion of a bulge)  Since I'm not exactly dysphoric, I don't go out with my STPs or packers.  I tried before, but I only managed to wet myself because I'm not the most dexterous person.  Also with T, I find my parts to sensitive to put anything else in my underwear.  The one I like is the EZP from Transthetics.  It's made by a trans man who really cares about quality items.  So his products are very realistic and he's currently getting research done for the ultimate packer that can do almost everything a natural penis can do. 

• Like 1

DolphinLover22

Hey, just wondering if anyone relates to voice disphoria. I mean I remember growing up, thinking once I hit puberty I'd get a lower voice. And I totally thought my voice was deeper than my friends' voices. Then I heard a recording of my voice and thought, "why the heck does my voice sounds so freaking high??" I totally thought my voice was just naturally like my brother's... Found out fast that that wasn't the case... I probably had the voice of a soprano, but after years of singing Alto (and Tenor whenever they allowed me to), I felt like my voice got slightly lower... But it's still super high and it's super hard for me... 

• Like 1

Calligraphette_Coe
45 minutes ago, DolphinLover22 said:

Hey, just wondering if anyone relates to voice disphoria. I mean I remember growing up, thinking once I hit puberty I'd get a lower voice. And I totally thought my voice was deeper than my friends' voices. Then I heard a recording of my voice and thought, "why the heck does my voice sounds so freaking high??" I totally thought my voice was just naturally like my brother's... Found out fast that that wasn't the case... I probably had the voice of a soprano, but after years of singing Alto (and Tenor whenever they allowed me to), I felt like my voice got slightly lower... But it's still super high and it's super hard for me... 

I sometimes think I should say I'm AAAB (Assigned Androgynous At Birth) instead of AMAB. Because of some congenital stuff, I actually don't have an Adam's Apple and I'm almost naturally a contralto. Because of medical stuff, I can't transition, but one place where I don't need help from hormones is voice and I won't need a trachea shave-- through practice, I became a sort of vocal chameleon. I've been know to startle people with going high when they say 'Hi' to me.

Just something to think about, sometimes it's not how high or low your voice is, it's how you say things and the inflections in your voice, not so much its tone.

• Like 2

Andrea KF
20 hours ago, DolphinLover22 said:

I have the opposite problem; A way too deep voice for me to like.

• Like 1

PoeciMeta

Yup, my voice sounds too high for me too. I hope I can train it because I think T wouldn't be ideal for me. 

• Like 2

nerdperson777
On 12/31/2019 at 4:11 PM, DolphinLover22 said:

Your voice will sound deeper to yourself than other people because the vibrations come from you.  It was weird learning that my first time too.  Even before knowing about being trans, I'd feel good about how low my voice was, only to hear a high pitched recording.  I even thought I had no voice dysphoria for a while, and then realized that those moments from my childhood were voice dysphoria.  My desire for "both" voices manifested weirdly, as I probably just wanted my talking voice to be lower, while still being able to do random high pitched antics.  Now my voice is too low from talking in my lower pitches to pass pre-T and I wish my speaking voice was more ambiguous.  I went to karaoke with my friends over the weekend and I had trouble balancing my head and chest voice.  I have the range to do most of it, but I would probably need a voice coach to be able to find all the different voices I could do.  I had recorded myself a week or so ago, and I was kind of disappointed that my high voice sounded more falsetto than anything.  My goal has been to have a convincing "girl" voice for whenever I need it.  Any testosterone influenced body can attempt falsetto, but being able to have the right amount of head and chest voice for whatever situation, that's what I want.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:04 PM, Calligraphette_Coe said:

I sometimes think I should say I'm AAAB (Assigned Androgynous At Birth) instead of AMAB. Because of some congenital stuff, I actually don't have an Adam's Apple and I'm almost naturally a contralto. Because of medical stuff, I can't transition, but one place where I don't need help from hormones is voice and I won't need a trachea shave-- through practice, I became a sort of vocal chameleon. I've been know to startle people with going high when they say 'Hi' to me.

Just something to think about, sometimes it's not how high or low your voice is, it's how you say things and the inflections in your voice, not so much its tone.

Even when I was female-presenting, my voice was probably low and monotone already.  That probably gave people some masculine vibes.  I need to work on my emotions, as I don't change very much, and it'd be useful to know how to act.  Ironically, acting has been my autistic mind's study of human nature, as my childhood was in a controlled environment that didn't allow for such parameters.  But you are right.  A "feminine" voice tends to be more upbeat with lots of changing pitches.  That seems to be the nature of things.  A "masculine" voice doesn't change pitches too much.

*goes back into the corner to watch more humans at a distance*

• Like 1

nerdperson777

Just had a thought.  I went through my old room and found some shirts that I forgot to take with me when I moved.  When I was in high school, I started collecting cool graphic tees into my wardrobe.  Normally I just wore solid colored polo shirts all the time until then.  One of those shirts, it was from a video game.  The name of it was on the front, taking up just a line.  The back was the whole thing covered in the game logo.  So now I'm wondering if the reason why I liked shirts with huge logos or pictures in the back was that I wanted people to look at my back, which had no boobs, compared to my front.

• Like 1

anisotrophic
1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

now I'm wondering if the reason why I liked shirts with huge logos or pictures in the back was that I wanted people to look at my back, which had no boobs, compared to my front.

Haha, maybe! I love “was that an egg thing?” retrospectives.

• Like 3