Any 80s Kids Here?

MoxieMinmo

Anybody remember Quantum Leap? I loved that show! Garbage Pail Kids and Cabbage Patch (I think I still have my doll somewhere... Her name is Matrika). My Little Pony and Rainbow Brite were big favs, too. Other random memories/80s loves...

Punky Brewster (my f#$&ing hero!)

Cyndi Lauper

Smurfs (took a long time for me to catch on that there was something amiss w/the Smurfette situation, haha)

Inspector Gadget

Dancing to MTV - when it was still about MUSIC (Especially loved "Lucky Star" when it came out)

Legend (the unicorn movie featuring a pre-Scientology Tom Cruise: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089469/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2)

Scooby Doo (nothing compares to the original!)

Leg warmers

We were pretty broke, so no computers or video games at our house... Though I do remember when Nintendo came out. My brother and I drooled when our landlord's kids got it. Super Mario was the coolest thing ever - we were mesmerized, haha.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

Anybody remember Quantum Leap? I loved that show!

Putting right what once went wrong...and hoping that his next leap...would be the leap home!

Sam, Al, Ziggy. Awesome programme. One of my favourites ever.

Anybody remember Quantum Leap? I loved that show!

Putting right what once went wrong...and hoping that his next leap...would be the leap home!

Sam, Al, Ziggy. Awesome programme. One of my favourites ever.

Whoop-whoop! Awesome program, indeed! Glad it made it over the pond :)

Lady Lovely Locks, My Little Pony, The Care Bears, The Little Mermaid, The Last Unicorn.

I was obsessed!

We CARE!!!!

Also I'm glad shoulder pads are gone.

For me, it was the A Team and Knight Rider. :p

For me, it was the A Team and Knight Rider. :P

Yes! I forgot to list the A-Team! What did you think of the movie they made a few years back? I actually thought they did an okay job. Knight Rider was a fav, too, but it's harder to admit this now that the Hoff has become such a joke. Lol.

There was nothing wrong with Knight Rider, Hoff or no Hoff.

Dempsey and Makepeace, Casualty and The Bill.

Pipkins

The earliest Dallas episodes

Take Heart

Tizwaz

Captain Caveman

Those creepy Cabbage Patch Kids

I loved this movie!

Along with Blues Brother's and Xanadu.

In case anyone ever visits this thread again, I had add the most awesomest thing about the 80s :P

It's not Christmas until I hear Bob and Doug McKenzie's 12 Days of Christmas on the radio. :p

I was born in 77. I miss everything 80s! Of course the music, roller skating, Punky Brewster, the real MTV, Cabbage Patch Dolls, halloween (the decade when it was actually still fun), "totally awesome" saturday morning cartoons, atari and nintendo, pretty much everything. Too bad today's generation will never know that less is more, especially when it comes to technology. Id go back to the 80s any day!

Blackpearl1976

80's kid here miss all the fab cartoons, dungeons and dragons, Thundercats, transformers and few others. Love 80's music and films. I sometimes think I am still stuck in the 80's and 90's :-) x

In Britain there's a digital radio channel Absolute 80's which only plays music from this decade. IDK whether they stream overseas, but an app is available for Android and Apple

Born in '83. It got the best of the 80's and the 90's.

But the 80's, specifically. TMNT, He-Man, G.I. Joe, Transformers, She-Ra, Bravestar, Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Universe... And Nintendo. Bloody Nintendo. I remember all the hype leading up to the American release of Super Mario Bros. 3. Even if you didn't see the Wizard yourself, almost everyone had a friend that did, that would tell you about that reveal. It's the most vivid video game memory I have; I remember my parents taking me to KB Toys, seeing the game hang on the wall... Man. That was great.

I also don't fall within your age parameters, I'm a bit older. I remember the Izod polo shirts with the collar turned up, boat shoes, acid wash jeans, the mullet, leg warmers, big hair bands like, a The Scorpions, Bon Jovi and Twisted Sister. Also, bands like Devo and Duran Duran. I liked all Jean-Claude Van Damme movies, The Original Star Wars trilogy, Star Trek the Next Gen. Video Game Arcades, 8 track tapes, and music cassette tapes. I remember the beginning of MTV. Ahhh this all brings back a lot of fond memories.

Yeah. The world of the 80s young adult :-) I was in college from 1980 to 1987 (undergrad and grad school).

• 11 months later...

This thread is awesome. So much nostalgia for me. I was born in 1978 so the 80s were an epic time for me.

OMG! I was born in '77!

Cabbage Patch dolls

Ghostbusters

Star Trek:The Next Generation (1987 - 1994)

Original Star Wars

Voltron

Small Wonder

Jem and the Holograms (It's on Netflix)

Thundercats, HO!

He-Man and She-Ra

Cindi Lauper

Madonna

So may memories!

I still have My Little Ponies, Shera dolls, and a cabbage patch doll.

I wish I still had my childhood toys still. I had so many! Pound Puppies, Care Bears, My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite, Lightbright, Cabbage Patch Kids, Transformers, Thundercats, He-Man, Hot Wheels, Micro Machines...and the one and only NES!

If it's one thing I really wish I hung onto it would have to be my collection of Hot Wheels. I had sooo many, and they are super rare collectibles now. Ah, the memories!

How could I forget about Lite Brite?! My sister and I played with that all the time!

Here's some more I used to love.

Pinwheel

You Can't Do That on Television

Double Dare

Square One TV on PBS

Sesame Street

Wonder Years

Growing Pains

Silver Spoons

Charles in Charge

Mr. Belvadere

Golden Girls

Not an '80's kid, but part of me has always been a kid! I loved a lot of TV shows (especially the cartoons!) from that time, and the MUSIC! So much stuff happened, too... got ashed-on by Mount St. Helens, went to tons of weddings, watched the birth of MTV and the Space Shuttle, and saw computers move from labs into homes. Great decade!

I was born in the 70s, but I remember most of the things listed here.

I still have Starlite and a few my little ponies and popples and She-Ra characters. I think my mother might have squirreled away a couple of my care bears and pound puppies, too. I used to love watching Murder She Wrote and reruns of Star Trek and Mission Impossible.

Anyone else remember the old Wildfire and Ulysses 31 cartoons? I keep hoping the full series will come out on DVD someday.

Oh my I was born in 1980. I was big into Heman when I was younger then grew into GI Joe. The weekends were awesome. On Saturday you had cartoons in the morning then wrestling at noon for an hour. After that it was outside until the street lights came on unless it was rainy or snowing then in that case there was always Nintendo. Sundays were just as good: old horror movies on TBS mixed with the occasional Godzilla movie. ABC showed edited versions of Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th. During the week you had A Team Knight Rider The Dukes of Hazard and two hours worth of old Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry everyday. Then Nickelodeon....It was a great time to be young even if you were poor like I was because there was so much entertainment aimed at kids.

Crystal Pepsi, not clear.  

I have a huge collection of tomy robots (omnibot et all) in my attic. 

Archived