How common is the black ring?

I have one. I dont wear it at work though and its chipping all the black off. So I need a new one, but they are hard to find 

• Like 1

How about this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jewelry-natural-black-agate-jade-ring/381693481926?hash=item58deb453c6:g:mPMAAOSwKrhVcvtz:rk:3:pf:0&var=650754960500

I have a size 12 one, which was a bit more difficult to find, but after doing a search regularly, one did turn up. The stone itself is black, and quite hard, so it doesn't wear off. Some sellers call it onyx.

• Like 1
Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I love wearing my black ring as a symbol of pride and community support. I haven't met many asexuals to compare yet but I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people out there who might feel the same.

Celyn: The Lutening

I found my new one in a charity shop. Which doesn't help but I was surprised and delighted that it was my size. 

On 11/5/2018 at 12:40 PM, rrherr7544 said:

It’s strange to read all this in 2018, I’ve been wearing my ring for like ever and I know several people who wear it. It’s amazing how big it’s gotten in the past few years.

True. Sometimes these things take some time to get around. Plus, as people discover asexuality and some of the traditional customs, it slowly gains traction. :)

On 11/6/2018 at 11:26 AM, lapat67 said:

How about this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jewelry-natural-black-agate-jade-ring/381693481926?hash=item58deb453c6:g:mPMAAOSwKrhVcvtz:rk:3:pf:0&var=650754960500

I have a size 12 one, which was a bit more difficult to find, but after doing a search regularly, one did turn up. The stone itself is black, and quite hard, so it doesn't wear off. Some sellers call it onyx.

I say that looks quite acceptable!

On 11/6/2018 at 1:32 PM, Deus Ex Infinity said:

I love wearing my black ring as a symbol of pride and community support. I haven't met many asexuals to compare yet but I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people out there who might feel the same.

I think there is a good chance!

tiredclassicist

I wear one and have been wearing one for several years. I have met two aces who do not wear rings and I believe I have met one who does. My partner in bio was wearing one and I could tell that we were staring at each other's hands the entire time. I think she was ace too and I saw her at a GSA meeting once. I like wearing mine because it is something physical to hold onto that represents a part of myself I am becoming comfortable with. It's also cool to have other people recognize you for that. 

• Like 3

I actually just bought one, I have two ace  friends and one of them has worn the ring for as Long as I've known her. That's actually the reason we became friends. I think it's a matter of how open you are about asexuality. Since most people deny our existence and no one takes us seriously, I feel like the ring is a personal power symbol, like "yes I exist, I'm here, and I'm not broken". This is my take, not necessarily law

• Like 4

I don't like wearing rings so that's a no. I do however want to get something to symbolize being an ace, I was thinking maybe a ace card necklace or something. What really drives me crazy though is that my college colors are such that a lot of people innocently wear that colors of the ace flag without knowing it. I always want to ask but then I remember it's just school representation. (I'm not sure why this is though because our school colors are technically purple/maroon and gold but somehow it also ends up being that shade of purple, white, and black that makes up the flag. It's on some hats and sweaters that I see around.) 

I made a makeshift one out of a black ponytail band that snapped about 1-2 months ago. But the problem is I rarely wear rings so wearing the "ring" I made would make my whole family suspicious ;-;

The day I made it, I wore it while in my room on the computer. Then my mum walked in, said "good night" then she seemed to look at my hands funny. She then walked out of my room, after that I realised I forgot to take the ring off before she entered. She never said anything about it though, but yeah...

I'm wearing the same ring while making this post.

Update: Today I went to the shops (Black Friday sales! :D) and I brought myself a black ring. Perfect size, looks cool, etc.

When my family asks why I got it, I will just say "Oh, I saw the ring shop and thought I might look around in there for something different. I chose black because I like the colour black." or something along those lines :D Then after I got a piece of cake at a cafe.

• Like 7
On 11/19/2018 at 11:09 AM, Lunala said:

Then my mum walked in, said "good night" then she seemed to look at my hands funny

I mean it's a perfectly valid place to store a hair tie.

• Like 1
CunningComposer
On 6/11/2015 at 9:51 PM, FictoCannibal. said:

I think the ace ring is a funny concept after learning that swingers use a black ring on the right hand to identify themselves to other swingers. Imagine wearing your black ring in the hopes of letting people know you are ace, and someone walks up to you and says "hey I see your black ring, want to fuck me, my wife, and our friend?" hahaha.

I've actually started wearing a ring with both black and purple stones on my right middle finger to avoid the swinger confusion.  Don't know if other aces would necessarily recognize it, but it's mostly for me anyway.

• Like 2
On 11/23/2018 at 10:44 PM, CunningComposer said:

I've actually started wearing a ring with both black and purple stones on my right middle finger to avoid the swinger confusion.  Don't know if other aces would necessarily recognize it, but it's mostly for me anyway.

Multiple ace colors are being accounted for. I think a perfect combination! :) 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

The only reason I’m in this orientation is because there’s jewelry involved. I found a cute small black ring on amazon, I should have it in a few days. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Mrs said:

The only reason I’m in this orientation is because there’s jewelry involved. I found a cute small black ring on amazon, I should have it in a few days. 

Haha I love it.

"My sexuality is jewellery."

• Like 4
Custard Cream
13 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Haha I love it.

"My sexuality is jewellery."

I also approve of that!

• Like 4
Custard Cream
On 11/23/2018 at 5:27 AM, Lunala said:

Update: Today I went to the shops (Black Friday sales! :D) and I brought myself a black ring. Perfect size, looks cool, etc.

When my family asks why I got it, I will just say "Oh, I saw the ring shop and thought I might look around in there for something different. I chose black because I like the colour black." or something along those lines :D Then after I got a piece of cake at a cafe.

Ha! The cake bit is perfect! 😃

I have found the perfect response to questions.  I just say - 'I just really like it. It's black stainless steel. t's such an ACE thing, isn't it?' Nobody gas picked up on the reference yet...

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, CustardCream said:

Ha! The cake bit is perfect! 😃

I have found the perfect response to questions.  I just say - 'I just really like it. It's black stainless steel. t's such an ACE thing, isn't it?' Nobody gas picked up on the reference yet...

Ever since I came out to Dad as acespec, his favourite way of saying he likes something has become "I think it's ACE!"

• Like 3
Custard Cream
6 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Ever since I came out to Dad as acespec, his favourite way of saying he likes something has become "I think it's ACE!"

I like that!  I've got a t-shirt that says 'Aced it' but I haven't been brave enough to wear it yet!

• Like 3

I got one a about a week-ish ago. I love it, it’s comforting and I fell less alone about my orientation when I’m out and about and not on here. It’s also like a silent coming out.  

Mine is a simple polished hematite band, so it’s more of a shiny dark gray but it I like it so that’s that matters I guess.  

I enjoy finding out the hidden meanings of stones so after buying it I looked it up and I could be happier with the definition. I feel like some of the meanings fits my situation perfectly. 

https://www.energymuse.com/hematite-meaning

The Hematite crystal meaning is linked with its ability to absorb any toxic emotions holding you back from your natural state of joy and vitality. Use Hematite in your crystal healing first aid kit to clear away negative feelings from stress, anxiety, and worry.”

• Like 2
Hermit Advocate

I lost my black ring a few weeks ago. I got myself a new, identical one. But I still miss the first one.

• Like 1

I have a plastic black ring and I wear it every time I go out.  I haven't had anyone recognize it yet and I also haven't seen anyone else wearing one either, but maybe one day I'll find one.

• Like 2
On 6/11/2015 at 7:37 PM, Neri said:

So I've been wondering how common the black ring on middle finger - symbol of asexuality - actually is? I've personally never seen a person wearing one, though I've only been paying attention/known about the meaning of it for six months or so.

I'm just curious if anyone has ever met a fellow asexual and started to talk to them just because of the ring. Or is it still so unknown symbol and are there still so few asexuals with rings that it is very unlikely to run into someone wearing it.

Also question to people who are wearing the black rings: has anyone (asexual or not) ever recognized it and come to talk to you because of it? If so, what kind of conversations has it evoked?

The idea of finding fellow asexuals through a symbol like that sounds really fascinating to me. I'd like to know if that actually happens. ^_^

@NeriI have a black ring on my middle finger on my right hand. Coincidentally I wore it before I even knew I was asexual, now it just has added meaning to me. 

No one has ever noticed it let alone recognised it so I'm guessing it's just really uncommon. I don't think I would wear one if I hadn't already chosen to before I knew. 

It would be nice if we had a really common symbol. Though because how do you know you've come across another asexual unless you outright ask every person you meet? At least with hetero, homo and bi sexuals you can sometimes tell due to their relationship status/history.

Who knows🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
Neutral Charge

tried to buy one once and it turns out i suck at figuring out sizes, so i been thinking about it ever since, need to get one, i like the idea :D 

26 minutes ago, Neutral Charge said:

tried to buy one once and it turns out i suck at figuring out sizes, so i been thinking about it ever since, need to get one, i like the idea :D 

http://shop.diamondideals.com/education/find/ring_size.cfm

here is a link to help :D 

• Like 1