How common is the black ring?

4 minutes ago, œddy said:

Tungsten Carbide rings unite!

Unfortunately, the black on my tungsten carbide ring wore off after a year of gardening (on the left in the picture), so then I got an onyx one, which is much more hard-wearing (on the right), so that's the only one I wear now.

33114908455_1254a11d39_n.jpg

• Like 1

I wear a black ring now but I only found out about it recently. It is still summer break for me so I’ll see what happens when school starts... my school is large and very liberal so it seems very possible that someone would recognize it.

It’s made of glass, I got it on a trip to Venice.

• Like 1
Fluffy Femme Guy
32 minutes ago, Ivy4 said:

It’s made of glass, I got it on a trip to Venice.

That's so cool. Do you have any pictures of it?

9 hours ago, Fluffy Femme Guy said:

That's so cool. Do you have any pictures of it?

yes but I can't seem to figure out how to post it... it's asking for a url

On 8/15/2018 at 4:50 PM, Ivy4 said:

yes but I can't seem to figure out how to post it... it's asking for a url

You'll need to upload it to an image sharing site and grab the image url.

• Like 1

@Ivy4 here are the procedures daveb posted in a different thread. The flickr instructions worked for me:

• Posting from flickr:
  1. Double-click on picture to view it
  2. In lower right click on "View on photo page"
  3. In lower right click on "download this photo" (line with arrow pointing down)
  4. Select "View all sizes"
  5. Select size from the options along the top
  6. Right click on image and select "Copy image address"*
  7. Paste into post on AVEN

• Posting from google photos:
  1. Double-click on picture to view it
  2. Right-click and select "Copy image address"
  3. While editing post on AVEN, click "Insert other media" and select "Insert image from URL"
  4. Then paste copied "image address" into the popup

* In firefox it's called "Copy image location"

• Like 1

i don't wear a ring, but i'm thinking about starting to, and i just think that i would be awesome if it became a thing for asexuals, and it spread enough to allow us to recognize each other. unfortunately, i live in a really small town, and i'm fairly sure i would have never found out about asexuality if i weren't fluent in english and loved being on the internet so much, so i don't think i will ever run into someone that will recognize me because of it. Nonetheless, i think it's great to have somethig that can remind me of that part of me 

Also, the stories of people finding other asexuals through the ring fill my heart with joy. 💕

• Like 2

IMG_0631

Thanks @lapat67 and @Scott1989. I finally figured it out! Had to make a flickr account though. Sorry if the picture is a little big...

24 minutes ago, TheAP said:

It says the photo is no longer available.

Clicking on that opens a webpage that allows us to see it.

Just now, Scott1989 said:

Clicking on that opens a webpage that allows us to see it.

When I do that, Bitdefender blocks the page.

I got a silicone black ring so I could have it at work without damaging it, so comfortable to 😻

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQI_ODp9ndAMRydFQrNWbi

Might not look fancy but it does the job lol

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...

I like the idea of doing it because its a little piece of me that is only shared with those who would understand for sure. I don't have one but i want to get one soon.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Spronkle said:

I like the idea of doing it because its a little piece of me that is only shared with those who would understand for sure. I don't have one but i want to get one soon.

It feels good to wear it.

• Like 2
On 8/22/2018 at 3:01 PM, Noko42 said:

I got a silicone black ring so I could have it at work without damaging it, so comfortable to 😻

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQI_ODp9ndAMRydFQrNWbi

Might not look fancy but it does the job lol

Does a silicone ring feel less annoying? My steel one is really annoying me after wearing it for a while, it's too rigid, traps soaps and oil. (I'm really particular about my textures, I like paper but hate shiny stuff that has to touch my skin like the inside of my glasses, which is why I'm trying to get contact lenses) I need something very thin, and I like silicone. But would a silicone ring be really thick?

Also I prefer sharp edges to round ones. (Square over circles, I don't know why.) On the hunt for the perfect ring.

1 hour ago, will123 said:

I eear a rubber o ring and after a while dont notice it

but it does get in the way of typing sometimes

15 minutes ago, œddy said:

but it does get in the way of typing sometimes

I can't say. I don't wear it around home (for obvious reasons) and my typing is classified as hunt and peck.

Hey everyone, I am new here. ^-^ I recently started wearing a black ring since last month when I found out what it symbolizes. I have yet to see anyone else wear one in my town, but maybe someday. Mine is a black hematite ring.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, WynegardeMagifur said:

Hey everyone, I am new here. ^-^ I recently started wearing a black ring since last month when I found out what it symbolizes. I have yet to see anyone else wear one in my town, but maybe someday. Mine is a black hematite ring.

Welcome to AVEN!

I've never seen any here in Spain nor have I ever worn it, I prefer to keep it more private irl; although for some special event it could be nice though.

19 hours ago, WynegardeMagifur said:

Welcome! 😁

caramello-cake-105070-1.jpeg

• Like 1

I wear one (usually - today I left it with my SO on accident...). But I have never met another ace who wears one. My partner doesn't feel the need, she says.

• Like 1
On 10/10/2018 at 8:42 PM, WynegardeMagifur said:

Hey everyone, I am new here. ^-^

Welcome to AVEN!

• Like 1
On 10/10/2018 at 8:42 PM, WynegardeMagifur said:

I recently started wearing a black ring since last month when I found out what it symbolizes. I have yet to see anyone else wear one in my town, but maybe someday. Mine is a black hematite ring.

Generally, in a city, one would think it would be easy enough to find someone, however, that has been the surprise on my end (it actually isn't).

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

It’s strange to read all this in 2018, I’ve been wearing my ring for like ever and I know several people who wear it. It’s amazing how big it’s gotten in the past few years.

• Like 2