It's no longer my problem

Agonizer

I'm not a very frequent user of the AVEN forums, but I've started and participated in several threads here (this one, this one, this one, this one, and others) and really benefited from the insights people have shared.

A couple of months ago, I told my wife I wanted to divorce, and she agreed to it. We went to a mediation lawyer and got things started. We are selling our house and getting separate apartments in the same town in order to co-parent our child.

I cannot say -- it's not my place to say -- whether my wife really experiences low levels of sexual attraction in general or if she's just not attracted to me. I can only say that in the few years that we've been discussing this problem, either she has not invested much effort to find out or she knows and has not been willing to tell me. And she has seemed perfectly content without having that dimension in her life (as far as I know).

In any case, it's now entirely her prerogative to find out (or not). I certainly won't be pressuring her about it anymore.

binary suns

I'm sorry things didn't work out for you :( But I am glad that you find relief in this, that will surely help as you move forward.

The ticket to the future is always open.

I'm glad you are looking ahead and giving both you and your wife a real shot at being happy. Life flashes by way too fast to just "get by."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived