A list of romantic orientations

Lost247365

I don't see much difference between this and lithromantic but for completeness sake:

Placioromantic- Person who wishes to perform romantic acts toward others, but does not want to receive romantic themselves.

I don't see much difference between this and lithromantic but for completeness sake:

Placioromantic- Person who wishes to perform romantic acts toward others, but does not want to receive romantic themselves.

"Placioromantic" is, I guess, about the action of romance, whereas lith is about the desire or attraction. But the terms are so similar, I wouldn't go out of my way to differentiate if I were that way.

"Placioromantic" is, I guess, about the action of romance, whereas lith is about the desire or attraction. But the terms are so similar, I wouldn't go out of my way to differentiate if I were that way.

Thay may not be very different, but I don¨t see the harm in it, if it helps someone and rather use it this way. Iguess I got very loose views on tings sometimes

EDIT: Like I wanted to add Hypo-romantic, but people were against it.

SpeckledAngel

I did not know recipromantic was actually a thing that existed. Great. Now I have another term to hopelessly wonder if it fits. Grrrrr.

Thank you for this list! It's helpful to see everything nicely sorted out.

Updated a little bit the Andro and Gyne romantic orientation definitions.

Schromantic added to the list (A term used here on AVEN)

Added Frayromantic to the list as well :)

Also added Hyporomantic to hte list and edited the Grayromantic, since it seemed wrongly interpreted

Updated the explanation of Quasiromantic, since the description was rather vague

Updated the definition of Apothiroromantic

Added Aroflux to the list as well

Alterous added as well

• Like 1

Omniaromantic

Alterous - Alterous is described as neither being (entirely/completely) platonic nor romantic, & is an attraction best described as wanting emotional closeness without necessarily being (at all or entirely) platonic &/or romantic, & is used in the place of -romantic or -platonic (so say bi-alterous instead of bi-romantic).

Someone can be both alterous & romantic &/or platonic & can have varying degrees on attraction, ultimately feel discomfort / unease / or just a sense of inaccuracy in calling it wholly romantic or platonic.

^Love this so much. <3

Explains at least half of my attraction.

• Like 1

Alterous - Alterous is described as neither being (entirely/completely) platonic nor romantic, & is an attraction best described as wanting emotional closeness without necessarily being (at all or entirely) platonic &/or romantic, & is used in the place of -romantic or -platonic (so say bi-alterous instead of bi-romantic).

Someone can be both alterous & romantic &/or platonic & can have varying degrees on attraction, ultimately feel discomfort / unease / or just a sense of inaccuracy in calling it wholly romantic or platonic.

^Love this so much. <3

Explains at least half of my attraction.

Cool, I¨m glad it's helping! :)

• Like 2

I don't understand alterous. Is that like queerplatonic? I guess I don't know what people mean by "platonic", either.

• Like 1
ItWasNiceKnowingYou

I don't understand alterous. Is that like queerplatonic? I guess I don't know what people mean by "platonic", either.

Alterous is like being a varying combination of platonic & romantic orientations without necessarily wanting to define yourself as definitely some type of romantic or definitely platonic...does that make sense? Platonic is basically wanting to have a deep connection with someone else where there's less likely to be any romantic attraction to that person. :D

SimplyAce said it well.

And platonic is like a really really good friendship. Not romantic, but more than an ordinary friendship. Close best friends perhaps.

I looked it up and it said it's in between platonic and romantic; if it's a grey area, that makes sense, but I still don't see a distinction wth queerplatonic.

It's interesting though; I was having some squish-like thing, wondering what it was (I've never had an outright romantic crush, I think, but another "alterous squish?"), and it looks like alterous. So I learned more than I set out to. (I guess this makes me "bi-alterous" instead of biromantic.)

• Like 1

I looked it up and it said it's in between platonic and romantic; if it's a grey area, that makes sense, but I still don't see a distinction wth queerplatonic.

It's interesting though; I was having some squish-like thing, wondering what it was (I've never had an outright romantic crush, I think, but another "alterous squish?"), and it looks like alterous. So I learned more than I set out to. (I guess this makes me "bi-alterous" instead of biromantic.)

Yes, the way it look it should be gray/Aro spectrum. A squish as I understand it is like someone seems really interesting to you and you want to get to know them better. Want to talk to them, be friends. Something like that.

Well, QueerPlatonic can be defined like this:

queerplatonic.png

• Like 1

Added Autochorisromantic/Aegoromantic, Bellusromantic and Placioromantic to the list. And added a definition on what a squich is and another term, which I just didn't know where to put, but thought some may be interested and it belongs to relationships - Aromate.

Wow.... didn't even know half of these even existed, thanks for posting!

'Requiesromantic'? Really? Some of these are very useful terms, some I question the need for (but hey, whatever... just don't expect everyone to know what you're talking about), but 'requiesromantic' honestly sounds ridiculous to me. So, like... a depressed person? Someone who's fed up with relationship drama and has lost interest in romance for a while? Those are not orientations.

Perhaps it does sound odd, but people still may want to use it and actually do use it. That's why it is here.

I personally don¨t really care. If it helps someone, why not?

Thing is, they're still gonna have to explain.

"I'm requiesromantic."

"You're what?"

"Requiesromantic."

"What's that mean?"

"Eh... I'm just not really feeling too romantic these days. I'm kinda depressed, and after that whole messy relationship with Jill, I don't even feel like I'd be capable of falling for anyone else for a while. It's like I'm emotionally exhausted, I guess."

"Oh, okay."

Or:

"I don't feel like getting into a relationship right now."

• Like 2

Yes, the way it look it should be gray/Aro spectrum. A squish as I understand it is like someone seems really interesting to you and you want to get to know them better. Want to talk to them, be friends. Something like that.

queerplatonic.png

Thanks. I'm still learning about things like this on the greyro spectrum, so this is helpful. (Ironically, the greyro spectrum is most likely right where I belong!)

• Like 1

queerplatonic.png

Thanks. I'm still learning about things like this on the greyro spectrum, so this is helpful. (Ironically, the greyro spectrum is most likely right where I belong!)

No problem at all ;)

Alloromantic = person who says “’allo” in a romantic tone of voice

AproRomantic/ Akoi(ne)romantic = person who either experiences romance appropriately, OR person who does not feel romantic toward koi fish

Aroflux = person who doesn’t feel romantic when having bowel problems

Autochorisromantic = person who feels romantic toward themselves when singing in a chorus

Bellusromantic = person who feels romantic when in Belorussia

Frayromantic = person who feels romantic when having a fight

Grayromantic = person who feels romantic toward old people

Gyneromantic = person who feels romantic towards gynecologists

Homoromantic-Person who experiences romantic attractions to people they perceive as the same gender

Hyporomantic = person who feels romantic towards syringes

Idemromantic = person who feels romantic towards people who identify as Democrats

Lithromantic = person who -Person who experiences romantic attraction to others but does not care or does not want that person to reciprocate

Omniaromantic = person who doesn’t feel romantic towards omnivores

Panromantic = person who feels romantic towards cooking implements

Quasiromantic = person who feels romantic toward hunchbacks in novels

Quoiromantic = French person who doesn’t know what they feel romantic toward

Recipromantic = person who feels romantic toward cooking instructions

Requiesromantic = person who feels romantic towards people who shut up and lie down

Sapioromantic = person who feels romantic towards people who are foolish

Transromantic = person who feels romantic towards people who move around a lot

WTFromantic = person who feels romantic towards profane people

• Like 10

AproRomantic/ Akoi(ne)romantic = person who either experiences romance appropriately, OR person who does not feel romantic toward koi fish

Autochorisromantic = person who feels romantic toward themselves when singing in a chorus

Homoromantic-Person who experiences romantic attractions to people they perceive as the same gender

Idemromantic = person who feels romantic towards people who identify as Democrats

Lithromantic = person who -Person who experiences romantic attraction to others but does not care or does not want that person to reciprocate

Requiesromantic = person who feels romantic towards people who shut up and lie down

What??

• Like 1

Am I aromantic if I'm only attracted to people platonically? I grew to love someone last summer but never wanted anything other than our friendship. What does this make me?

Am I aromantic if I'm only attracted to people platonically? I grew to love someone last summer but never wanted anything other than our friendship. What does this make me?

Well, I can't realy just outright tell you what it makes you. Only you can. So no romantic feelings as I understand it? Hmmm, well, you could be. Aromantic and platonic.

What??

'T'was a joke. Mostly a joke.

• Like 1