And then they ruined it with romance....

Sarika

Pretty much a lot of fandom shipping kinda feels like ruining some interesting non-romantic relationships many characters have (only if you see it everywhere, though). I recently got into undertale and couldn't escape ships like 'soriel' or 'papyton'. Still, I got nothing against shipping as a fun activity fans can do, but it's just very irritating when fans start acting like these have become canon, you know ( soriel is the biggest 'fanon' ship out there, and it's really annoying to me, at least 'cuz I see them mostly as good pals). Also sorry for bringing undertale into this, for those of you who are tired of seeing that fandom everywhere. I'm aware that's annoying, too.

In Lord of the Rings, like all the girls like Aregorn. Why do you have to add this in? I haven't read the books so I don't know if this was in the books, but I swear that every important woman character likes Aregorn. Why?!

In Lord of the Rings, like all the girls like Aregorn. Why do you have to add this in? I haven't read the books so I don't know if this was in the books, but I swear that every important woman character likes Aregorn. Why?!

Well there's really not many women in LoTR... I guess he was supposed to be super kingly and impressive etc. I don't think Galadriel loved him? Though it's been a few years since I read it.

Though I also feel like Tolkien's romance was very Courtly Love-ish, as opposed to any modern romance.

Star Inkbright

*POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!*

Eh... I was never that much a fan of the Divergent series. I never liked Four really, but I did find Eric's character kind of interesting once they revealed his more Erudite nature in the books.

I did like the Hunger Games though, until they ruined it by making Peeta and Katniss get together in the end. Like, I get that he had feelings for her but... Why did they have to get together? My perfect ending to the Hunger Games would've been Katniss telling Peeta that she wasn't capable of loving anyone in that way, after which he would eventually get over and they'd end up looking after a drunken old Haymitch together AS FRIENDS.

Haha, I'm /literally/ the other way around. I liked the Divergent series and I liked the fact Tris and Four were together, but I didn't like the Hunger Games although I didn't mind Katniss and Peeta being together.

Better than Katniss and Gale, either way; I never had an issue with Gale until I saw the last movie, but when I watched the last movie, I was whisper-ranting in the cinema angrily at Gale all the way through it. :P "You never kiss me like you kiss him" YOUR FRIEND LITERALLY JUST DIED LIKE A FEW HOURS AGO AND THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE HUNG UP ON??

Archived