Perceptions of Asexuality in Denmark

gambit2elle

gambit2elle

Hello everyone!

In August 2015 until May 2016 I will be studying psychology in Copenhagen, Denmark and doing research on the perceptions the LGBTQIA community has on asexuality. Since I'm comparing the experiences I've had with the community in New York and the experiences I will have in Copenhagen, I'd like to find people in that area who'd be interested in having a regular monthly meetup to talk.

In all honesty I'd just like to find a group of Aces I can meet with not only for the cross-cultural comparing but so I'm not all alone with my Ace-ness while abroad. I'm really excited to live in Denmark, but it's a bit intimidating!

If you're interested and/or would be willing to meet up in August or later, please message me on here or on Skype.

Thanks guys!

:D

That sounds quite interesting.

We do have some meetup activity in Denmark, mainly in the Copenhagen area. From time to time there are also international participants. If you are interested in arranging or attend the meetups in Denmark, I'll recomend the tread http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/99016-danish-meetups-follow-this-topic/

There is also a small talk tread with danish users here, and we normally do not bite if you post in English :) http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/72156-hej-danskere/

Welcome :cake:

A Mermaid

• 4 weeks later...
AlwaysBeKorra

Hi gambit2elle :)

Well, I'll be back in Denmark in August for my final year of my master's in cultural anthropology if you want to meet up. Sounds like an interesting study you're going to do :) It might be a little difficult, though. Just speaking from my own experience, but I only just found out that there's such a thing as asexuality, and I'm 28! There's not really any information on it in Denmark. I guess it's because Denmark is so free-minded when it comes to sex that if you don't want it, you should go see a psychologist. There's no such thing as not wanting sex! My parents have told me several times that it's okay if I'm gay: Denmark is one of the most LGBTetc-friendly countries in the world, but very likely one of the least accepting when it comes to asexuality. But that just makes your study more interesting ;) I'm not active in the community myself, but I have a friend who is, and I'm sure he would like to talk to you or could give you access to the community.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello hello,

I'm also relatively new to the ace community in Denmark but I'd love to participate in some of the meetings. Sadly, I won't be able to participate in the one on the 8th since I will be home for the summer but after the 20th I'll be back in Dk for my studies.

I was also wondering if there are any meetings in Odense, since that's closer than Copenhagen.

• 3 months later...

Hello all!

I will be holding weekly sessions at different cafes starting after the 20th of September for anyone who would like to meet with me and answer some questions. If you would like more information or to read the consent form beforehand, please message me on AVEN or text me (+45 50 29 86 52). If you are coming to one of the suggested meetings, please text me so I have an idea of how many people there will be :) If you have a suggestion for a cafe or time, please let me know!

Thank you all so much!

October 5 - 17:30 - Cafe Voulez-Vous

October 8 - 17:00 - Coffee Industry

October 10/11 - Let me know if you'd like to meet!

October 12 - 11:30 - Bagel Me

October 15 - 17:00 - Bastard Cafe

October 26 - 17:00 - The Living Room

October 28 - 15:00 - Cafe Blasen

October 29 - 17:00 - The Living Room

October 30/31 - Let me know if you'd like to meet or do an event for Halloween!

Please RSVP here if interested - http://www.meetup.com/Copenhagen-Asexual-Community/

Please notify in advance if you require help regarding possible disabilities.

I can meet up at any time starting from October 12 :) We have to get a little closer for me to specify when I can be there, but I'll send you a message :)

Maybe we could make October 15 a boardgaming event, since it's a board game café? And if anyone's interested in halloween, we definitely should arrange something there :)

• 2 weeks later...

This research request has been reviewed and approved by AVEN's Project Team.

Steph
Dedicated Research Contact

• 2 weeks later...

Archived